Windows 10: Tablet won't really turn off

Discus and support Tablet won't really turn off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an iRuLu Walkin' Book W1002 (10 inch Intel Baytrail 32GB SDD). It came with Windows 8.1. When Windows 10 first came out I was able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by palmkrawler, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Tablet won't really turn off

I have an iRuLu Walkin' Book W1002 (10 inch Intel Baytrail 32GB SDD).
    It came with Windows 8.1. When Windows 10 first came out I was able to
    successfully upgrade to Windows 10 on the device and for the last year
    it has performed very well with almist no problem (auto-screen-rotate stopped working),

But, the upgrade left me with very little room on the 32GB hard drive and I have
    struggled with that over the last year.

I decided to tell Windows 10 to "reinstall iteslf" so it can clear up free space.

The re-install went fine but now I have new problems.
    Basically, it has problems powering on. Many times when it appears off I have to
    hold the power button for 10 seconds and then prepress the button to get it on.
    Other times, even if it had a full charge and I use it for 10 minutes and then tell it to shutoff
    (Start/Shutdown) it seems to die like it was in standby mode and I have to recharge it again.

I know Windows 8 had some hybrid shutdown mode. Is this true for Windows 10?
    Could that be the culprit? My battery is fine. If I turn it on and use it in one session, the
    battery lasts about 4 hours.

Is there a way ti disable the hybrid mode?
    Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanx!!

:)

palmkrawler, Oct 29, 2016

2. Built in keyboard disabled after updating windows 10 on pc/tablet

When I turn off tablet mode on the taskbar it still won't let me use the built in keyboard or mouse pad.

JarrahGibbs, Oct 29, 2016
  3. EckiS Win User
    EckiS, Oct 29, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Tablet won't really turn off

essenbe, Oct 29, 2016
  5. Thanx! I'll give it a whirl!

palmkrawler, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Tablet won't really turn off

1. Tablet won't really turn off - Similar Threads - Tablet won't really

2. turn off tablet mode windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off tablet mode windows 11: i need to turn off tablet mode in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-tablet-mode-windows-11/a5cabf08-7062-498a-92af-25cb7b2847ac
  3. Win 11 tablet mode turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 tablet mode turned off: I have an hp pavillion laptop and tablet pc combo. I'm confused about win 11 turning off tablet mode when upgraded. Does that mean that I can't use my tablet on this pc at all. As it is meant to work?...
  4. Win 11 tablet mode turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 tablet mode turned off: I have an hp pavillion laptop and tablet pc combo. I'm confused about win 11 turning off tablet mode when upgraded. Does that mean that I can't use my tablet on this pc at all. As it is meant to work?...
  5. Windows tablet won't turn on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows tablet won't turn on.: So I have a windows tablet and I was using it as I normally would. Then it died as it normally would. I put it on the charger when it finished charging. I proceeded to turn it on then as it came on it did the standard Windows diagnosing PC. So seeing that I assumed something...
  6. Autocorrect won't turn off on Windows 10 tablet.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autocorrect won't turn off on Windows 10 tablet.: Using a Fusion 5 tablet, installed with Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Build 17134.706, running Office 365 16.0.11425.20228. Want to disable autocorrect. Turned off via Windows settings, but it's still operating. How can I stop it? Just to be clear: I am using the onscreen...
  7. Can magnets cause tablet to turn off?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can magnets cause tablet to turn off?: I am using a portfolio sleeve for the Dell Venue 11 Pro ( 5130) and never had a problem when the tablet is inserted into the sleeve. I purchased another DVP 11 Pro (7140 ) and tried to use the same portfolio sleeve and I ran into problem of the tablet not starting after I...
  8. Tablet turns off completely

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet turns off completely: I only want to turn screen off. Can't find Setting that needs change. Advice requested please? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/tablet-turns-off-completely/ddcf7547-f775-4dda-9c0e-36e08a153c0f
  9. Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10 Continuum is Microsoft's new way of switching between tablet and desktop mode on a Windows 10 tablet or convertible PC as needed. Tablet mode makes Windows easier and...
  10. can't turn off tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    can't turn off tablet mode: I selected tablet mode, and I have no way of going back that I can fine. My start button does nothing(which was the original problem that I was trying to resolve). All I have is Control Panel. This has definitely been the most challenging version since 3,1 21348