Windows 10: Tablet's touch screen doesn't work in Windows 10, works on Linux

Discus and support Tablet's touch screen doesn't work in Windows 10, works on Linux in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The touch screen on my tablet is not working in Windows 10. I know the touch screen hardware is in working condition because I can boot into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FrozenSea, Mar 11, 2018.

1. FrozenSea Win User

Tablet's touch screen doesn't work in Windows 10, works on Linux

The touch screen on my tablet is not working in Windows 10. I know the touch screen hardware is in working condition because I can boot into the GParted live USB and can successfully use the touch screen to interact with the desktop environment.

After installing Windows 10 Education 32-bit, version 1709, 16299.248 with all updates installed. I used the 32-bit version since my model of Atom processor, Z3735f, only supports 32-bit Windows.

I installed the Intel Graphics Driver found here, version 10.18.10.4885

Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.33]

Rebooting after the driver install, I cannot use the touch screen. Under the Settings -> About screen, Pen and touch says No pen or touch input is available for this display.

I've also looked at Device Manager, and there is no HID-compliant touch screen entry there, even after showing Hidden devices. Because of this omission, I suspect this is a drivers issue, but I'll leave to you experts to really determine that.

Let me know what additional information you need to troubleshoot. I have attached an HTML file that contains most of the system hardware specs.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

FrozenSea, Mar 11, 2018

2. Windows 10 not recognizing Tablet Hardware.

I installed Windows 10 on a Digiland DL801W Windows 8.1 tablet. I Installed Windows 10 by using a bootable pendrive, by formatting the existing partition. After the installation the Touch Screen doesn't work. Screen orientation doesn't work. The windows
    10 has been treating my tablet as a PC. Battery percentage was not being showed. It said that the device was running on AC Power. Windows 10 treated my Tablet's Hardware as a PC's hardware.

Please tell me a way to make Windows 10 utilize and realize my tablet's hardware. Without the touchscreen, speakers, battery capacity, the tablet is not tablet any more ! Please help me out.

Tausif_6514, Mar 11, 2018
  3. Help! Windows 10 messed up my touchscreen laptop!

I just installed Windows 10 and now my new touchscreen Toshiba will not work! Even when I flip it into tablet mode! I already checked the settings and have it so that it doesn't ask to go into tablet mode but it still won't work when I touch the screen.
    Before, I could touch the screen in any mode: laptop, audience, presentation, table top, and tablet. I am so upset...this laptop was a gift.

NatureKate1985, Mar 11, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Can't tell make and model of tablet from system report you provided. Please update your "My Computer" specifications and include that info and we may be able to help you. Here's a reddit thread that indicates loss of touchscreen after upgrade is typical on Bay Trail machines, so we need to get you the right driver: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/2iakax/guide_installing_windows_10_preview_on_bay_trail/.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

PS: In case you don't know how to update your system specs, here's the TenForums tutorial on that topic: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

EdTittel, Mar 11, 2018
  5. FrozenSea Win User
    FrozenSea, Mar 13, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    No freakin' clue. Can't find anything useful online either. Too bad you can't post an APB "Does anybody recognize this tablet?" The Windows Update Minitool is VERY GOOD at finding drivers. You might want to download and install this free tool on your tablet, and turn it loose to see if it can find what's missing. Just make sure the "Include drivers" checkbox is checked like so:

Tablet's touch screen doesn't work in Windows 10, works on Linux [​IMG]

Who knows? It might find just what you need. Download it from MajorGeeks.com.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 13, 2018
  7. cereberus Win User
    Tablets often use special drivers not in standard windows iso.

It is crucial you make an remountable image backup of the tablet before clean installing a new OS unless you can source the drivers elsewhere e.g. from vendor website, but even the majors like HP only goove limited support.

What makes it worse, the touch screen and rotation sensor may not even appear in device management until the drivers are installed.

I do not see any easy way of sourcing the required drivers if you do not even know the model or vendor.

If you knew that, you at least have a chance that somebody with a similar device could send you a opy of the drivers.

The only other option is if you created a recovery drive at some point.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Tablet's touch screen doesn't work in Windows 10, works on Linux - Similar Threads - Tablet's touch screen

2. tablet mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tablet mode doesn't work: i have a gateway notebook that folds into a tablet. every time I try to fold it and use it as a tablet, the screen goes black and i cant turn it back on without reopening the laptop, then when I fold it back, repeats process. how do I use it? it is also brand new, have only...
  3. tablet mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tablet mode doesn't work: i have a gateway notebook that folds into a tablet. every time I try to fold it and use it as a tablet, the screen goes black and i cant turn it back on without reopening the laptop, then when I fold it back, repeats process. how do I use it? it is also brand new, have only...
  4. Home Choice Tablet - Windows 10 - Touch not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Home Choice Tablet - Windows 10 - Touch not working: Hi, I have a Home Choice Proline Tablet/Laptop. The touchscreen screen worked all long, untill I stored the device away and when rebooting a while later the touch screen no longer responded. I tried following troubleshooting option via device manager by "HUman Interface...
  5. Reinstalled windows 10 on a new SSD. The touch screen doesn't work

Reinstalled windows 10 on a new SSD. The touch screen doesn't work: I had a SSD failure. I bought a new SSD and reinstalled windows 10 pro using the windows media update. The touch screen doesn't work. Any suggestions? The computer in an Acer Aspire S7. Thanks in advance...
  6. Tablet mode touch screen not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet mode touch screen not working: I wanted to try using tablet mode, so I went to Settings < System < Tabletand then clicked on Change Additional Tablet settings. Next, I turned on Tablet mode. Then I pressed one of the buttons on the taskbar. Nothing happened. How come the touch screen isn't working?...
  7. tablet mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    tablet mode doesn't work: hi my tablet mode doesn't work when i turn it on and touch something nothing happens please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode-doesnt-work/14a97bc9-3d73-4252-8c32-c00b5f1f221b
  8. in tablet mode my touch screen feature is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    in tablet mode my touch screen feature is not working: After cleaning my screen one day..I noticed that my touch screen feature no longer works.....I have a laptop and I would like to know if I have broken that feature for good....can you help?...
  9. Tablet mode touch screen doesn't work

Tablet mode touch screen doesn't work: I have been trying to use my tablet mode but the touch screen doesn't work. I have checked and there are no HID-compliant touch screen drivers installed. Is there a way to install this driver or some other way to get the touch screen to work?...
  10. Multi-Touch doesn't work in Windows 10

Multi-Touch doesn't work in Windows 10: I have an Acer V7-481P-6455 laptop which came with Windows 8 preinstalled. The Multi-Touch trackpad worked great until I upgraded to Windows 10. Now it only does single-touch. IIt has a Synaptic PS/2 Touchpad. Acer claims it doesn't support multi-touch in Windows 10 for my...