Windows 10: Tags in the windows explorer: tagging all types of files and folders

Discus and support Tags in the windows explorer: tagging all types of files and folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Does anybody know if microsoft has any plans on supporting tags for every type of file and folder? I found some other tools like tabbles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StefWinter, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Tags in the windows explorer: tagging all types of files and folders

Does anybody know if microsoft has any plans on supporting tags for every type of file and folder?

I found some other tools like tabbles (https://tabbles.net) and 'Tagging for windows' (https://tagging.connectpaste.com) which are good to work with, but I would like it to be integrated with the tags already in windows for example the office documents. Thus a solution from microsoft would be very nice.

:)

StefWinter, Oct 22, 2019

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Tags in the windows explorer: tagging all types of files and folders [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Oct 22, 2019
  3. emh123 Win User
    Autocomplete Tags in Windows Explorer Incomplete?

Hi,

I'm currently reorganising several thousand photos, and use the 'tags' feature in Windows Explorer a lot. On my old laptop (Windows 8), I used the autocomplete / tag suggestions, in which previous tags are shown in a drop down list as I type - this saved
    a lot of time for me. However, on this computer (Windows 10) it seems to be incomplete - some tags are showing up in the drop down list, but ones I know I've used are not showing up. The missing tags include ones I entered weeks ago, with many restarts since
    then. The tags are still present on the files to which they were added and the files do correctly show up in search results when searching for those tags, but I still can't get the tags to show up in the suggestions. I've tried changing settings to allow the
    contents of the folder to be indexed, but this hasn't made a difference. I've also tried rebuilding the search index, again this didn't help. I've searched online looking for a solution, but haven't found anyone with this problem.

What should I do in order to get the autocomplete tag suggestions to refresh or update to show the missing tags? Or is there a setting I should change?

Thank you

emh123, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Variance Win User

Tags in the windows explorer: tagging all types of files and folders

File Explorer no longer lists out previously used tags in properties

So my problem is that when typing into the tags field on File Explorer, it no longer opens a list of all tags that I could be typing. For example, if I wanted to add the tag "Male" to a picture I have, when typing the "M" it would already list out all tags I've used that start with "M," narrowing down the list as I type more. Or of course would just automatically complete the tag when I clicked on one of the options.

This problem persists for any properties that I try to change, whether the file be JPG, MP3, the properties that used to pop up are no longer appearing, thus I have to fully type out every tag. I am still capable of searching via any of the properties however and I can also sort by tags in File Explorer. The only issue is that Explorer no longer "remembers" tags I've used before to help me fill them in.

My current File Explorer Options are

I've messed around with the inline AutoComplete as well to see if that would do the trick but to no avail.
    My Advanced Internet Options are

Any troubleshooting or methods I can try that may work, I'd be happy to hear about them.
    Any information that I can provide to help you better understand my settings, please ask and I'll add it.

Variance, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Tags in the windows explorer: tagging all types of files and folders

1. Tags in the windows explorer: tagging all types of files and folders - Similar Threads - Tags explorer tagging

2. Tagging FOLDERS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tagging FOLDERS: Good afternoon Brains Trust,is there a way of tagging folders in windows 11? It does not look like Microsoft has addressed this but there seems to be a number of knockoff programs. I can not be sure that they are entirely safe. Its such a good feature, do we know if its up...
  3. File Explorer Tagging Editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Tagging Editing: How to edit the rating on MP4 video files?If you have an answer, please let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tagging-editing/411ec45f-09fb-4840-b0fb-5adf8fd02730
  4. Tagging unsupported file types

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tagging unsupported file types: Is there a Microsoft or third-party software solution that enables tagging of unsupported file types? I have recently embarked on an image file organization and archiving project. I was very disappointed to discover that there is a very limited number of file types that have...
  5. Tagging unsupported file types

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tagging unsupported file types: Is there a Microsoft or third-party software solution that enables tagging of unsupported file types? I have recently embarked on an image file organization and archiving project. I was very disappointed to discover that there is a very limited number of file types that have...
  6. Tagging unsupported file types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Tagging files in a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tagging files in a folder: I'm a recent user of Windows, being a life long Mac user. If I open a folder on the Mac to show a list of files, I can select and right click on a file and add a coloured tag. It's an easy way to identify different groups of files within the folder. For ex, I might want to...
  8. Tagging files in a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tagging files in a folder: I'm a recent user of Windows, being a life long Mac user. If I open a folder on the Mac to show a list of files, I can select and right click on a file and add a coloured tag. It's an easy way to identify different groups of files within the folder. For ex, I might want to...
  9. Tags in File Explorer

Tags in File Explorer: I rely greatly on Autofill when adding tags to images. To not do so would require using my memory resulting in many, slightly different tags for the same "topic". for example:- John Searwood, John Sherwood , John Sharwood, John J Sherwood and so forth. Some while ago the...
  10. File Explorer tag info

File Explorer tag info: File Explorer view can show tags. How to input tag info? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tag-info/a0dbb5c9-9f0d-4927-9e00-b1474bcf2400"