Windows 10: Take care of my new hard disk

Discus and support Take care of my new hard disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Ten forums Team. Merry Christmast and Happy New year. Maybe you remember me. I send you a disk report and it aparently in perfect state i perform... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aktiffiso, Dec 23, 2015.

1. aktiffiso Win User

Take care of my new hard disk

Hi Ten forums Team. Merry Christmast and Happy New year. Maybe you remember me. I send you a disk report and it aparently in perfect state i perform your test and the bios test. But that disk previously hits on the ground and that "health" was aparetnly now that disk have 4 days of life. I backup my info, lost some files and no use that disk anymore, now i have a new terabite hard disk i realice 4 partitions 1 for system another for games another more for backup of games (are very heavy to download) and another to data. I see some people says Windows 10 trash hd because do many wirtes. I read in forums 100% hard disk issue. I know if i desactivate some services I can preserve more my hard disk. I know disable prefetching and another things. I know somepeople disable Windows search i have a 4 core procesor and 4 GB RAM integrated graphics Intel. Windows 10 x64 when i start my pc it stays 100% hardisk for 3 or 4 minutes. I defrag my hd and perform test. Everything ok but i like to preserve more that hd and I want some tips. Thanks you for that. I wait your answers. I want to make changes at system level not hardware level, but every tip are good for me. And thanks for your support

:)

aktiffiso, Dec 23, 2015
  2. bejoyim Win User

N91 8GB care of hard disk

Interesting.. I did not know that the Nokia N91s has accelerometer built in. I love this feature which I miss in Nokia N80 or should be there in Nokia N95. this will help in playing some games where you dont need to bust the keys Take care of my new hard disk ;) even systems like the
    Nokia 5500 3D sensor.. wow..

Recently, I watched a youtube video where an IBM hack allowed using the IBM laptop accelerometer, used for hard disk safety purpose only, to play games by moving the whole laptop !!! this wont be feasible unless you are a gym freak but it is possible to do
    the same on a mobile phone .. hehe.. of course with delayed response Take care of my new hard disk :)

bejoyim, Dec 23, 2015
  3. bejoyim Win User
    N91 8GB care of hard disk

Now that is N80 and I love this phone for its slide and size. I dont want an internal GPS as in N95 as I don't want to place my phone at positions far from me to get GPS signals; Better to have a separate bluetooth GPS for that purpose. Other peculiar
    uses remains incidental.

But I do miss the faster processor and nitro boosted graphics card as in N93.

bejoyim, Dec 23, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

None of those things actually help much if any. It's more up to disk quality than anything else.

CountMike, Dec 23, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    +1, I would only get quality HDD/SSD's and the brands of HDD's I like are Western Digital and Seagate.

BunnyJ, Dec 23, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    Ever since "Great flood" from few years ago HDD quality has been sketchy at best. Everybody and his brother got into HDD production, prices jumped and quality went down. When SSDs got more common and affordable HDD prices had to go down and quality suffered even more. Looking forward few more years, can't wait for prices to even up and switch to SSDs only.

CountMike, Dec 23, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    It would be nice when they do come down. All I would need is an SSD that's around 500Gb or so.

BunnyJ, Dec 23, 2015
  8. CountMike New Member

I'm in trouble than,with 4TB just built in the desktop and about as much scattered on several HDDs.

CountMike, Dec 23, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I just did some fast math and I can get an SSD to fit my needs and ditch the HDD. All I need is about 240Gb of storage. So in March I'll get a new PC desk and an SSD. *Wink

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Take care of my new hard disk - Similar Threads - care hard disk

2. How to take care of laptop battery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to take care of laptop battery?: Hello, my laptop is an Acer Predator Helios 300 with an Rtx 3060. I mostly use this to game and do work on it. Recently I've noticed that my battery wear levels have increased on HWMonitor. Before, it was at 8%, but after I played games on it for 2-3 hours for a few days a...
  3. How to take care of laptop battery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to take care of laptop battery?: Hello, my laptop is an Acer Predator Helios 300 with an Rtx 3060. I mostly use this to game and do work on it. Recently I've noticed that my battery wear levels have increased on HWMonitor. Before, it was at 8%, but after I played games on it for 2-3 hours for a few days a...
  4. Can't take ownership of external hard disk with W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't take ownership of external hard disk with W11: I have an external hard drive and when i try to open it, it says access denied..when i try to see the ownership, it says unable to determine owner.When i try to change the ownership through various methods like cmd promp takeown or by going to the properties of the drive, it...
  5. Can't take ownership of external hard disk with W11

Can't take ownership of external hard disk with W11: I have an external hard drive and when i try to open it, it says access denied..when i try to see the ownership, it says unable to determine owner.When i try to change the ownership through various methods like cmd promp takeown or by going to the properties of the drive, it...
  6. Replacing New Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing New Hard Disk: Hello,If I restore a backup image of the system (which contains windows 10 and office) to a brand new disk (same computer), do I have to re-license /re-validate the windows and office ?Answers will be appreciated.ThanksWidows 10, 20H2 x64, 19042.1165 183706
  7. activate my genuis windows on a new hard disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activate my genuis windows on a new hard disk: i need some body to talk a live https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-my-genuis-windows-on-a-new-hard-disk/51cd87d1-4dde-4782-8c34-767c7bcd3989
  8. Hard disk drive taking forever to optimise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard disk drive taking forever to optimise: I’m defragmenting the hard drive and at the last update of 3, the process reads ‘consolidating’. It’s taking up to 15 minutes to cover 1%, is this normal for it to take so long?? Just wondering so I know :) submitted by /u/michaelbosley_ [link] [comments]...
  9. Free: *Hard Disk Sentinel*, Glary Utilities, Wise Care, IOBit Driver

Free: *Hard Disk Sentinel*, Glary Utilities, Wise Care, IOBit Driver: Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily [img] Hard Disk Sentinel, Minitool Partition Wizard are particularly useful. Sample from the download (keys redacted) (N.B. I never advise the routine use of driver updaters) Note: All installs with or without...
  10. New pc with SSD and hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New pc with SSD and hard disk: How do I configure Windows 10 to use my SSD for programs and D: drive for data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-with-ssd-and-hard-disk/368f5882-86dd-4125-8b1d-920ec00241ae