Windows 10: Take Menu tab missing from Taskbar Properties

Discus and support Take Menu tab missing from Taskbar Properties in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay, I was following this tutorial ( How to customize the Start list in Windows 10 ) and noticed that I don't even have the, "Start Menu" tab. Is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jay0253, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Jay0253 Win User

Take Menu tab missing from Taskbar Properties

Okay, I was following this tutorial ( How to customize the Start list in Windows 10 ) and noticed that I don't even have the, "Start Menu" tab. Is it supposed to be gone? If so. How am I supposed to customize the start list?

:)

Jay0253, Jul 31, 2015
  2. HYW1984 Win User

Where is start menu properties tab under taskbar and start menu properties?

Where is start menu properties tab under taskbar and start menu properties?

The "start menu" properties tab under "taskbar and start menu properties" is missing.

There is no need to name the "taskbar and start menu properties" if the start menu is gone.

I think this this is a crucial feature for people who have impaired vision or just want to enhance the start menu settings.

Only preset settings for color/size of fonts are available under start settings.

Please bring back the The "start menu" properties tab under "taskbar and start menu properties".

Please don't take way complete optimizations for us Microsoft Windows savvy people.

Thank you.

HYW1984, Jul 31, 2015
  3. borisyin Win User
    start menu tab missing from win10 "taskbar and start menu properties"

I am trying to clear the history list in start menu and taskbar automatically recorded in win 10. However, the "start menu" tab is missing from the "taskbar and start menu properties".

There is a link to show how the "start menu" tab looks like.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/windows-10-tip-customize-start-menu

But mine is missing, and also the other three tabs in "taskbar and start menu properties" might not look right. I attached snapshots for them here.
    Take Menu tab missing from Taskbar Properties [​IMG]

the "navigation" tab in my win 10 also looks different from the one posted on the link.

Start Menu tab missing in Windows 10 Taskbar properties

How I can bring back the "start menu" tab back to "taskbar and start menu properties"?

or is there another way to clear the history of lists the programs, files, folders, and websites that I opened from the start menu and taskbar? Thanks!

borisyin, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Jay0253 Win User
    That was a fast answer. Thanks.

Another question. I read on another page that if you right-click an empty area on the start list, you can change the color. However, when I right-click. It does nothing. Is it also supposed to do this?

Jay0253, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Jay0253 Win User
    Jay0253, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  9. nrthwds Win User
    I have the same problem. After right clicking the Taskbar the Properties menu item is missing also so is the Search tab and the embedded selections of Hide Cortana, Show Search Box and Show Search Icon. Supposedly, Properties was to help me get the Search back but of course that is missing as well. Not sure they are not related issues but wanted to mention it. I did update the video card as suggested at the end of the thread and my device manager said I already had the latest. Any other ideas?

nrthwds, Sep 27, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello nrthwds, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Taskbar properties has been moved to Settings now. When you right click on the taskbar, you can click on "Settings" to open them now.

Brink, Sep 27, 2016
  11. nrthwds Win User
    Brink, thanks. Looks like I am actually in the wrong thread but are you able to help with the missing Search options?

nrthwds, Sep 27, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Take Menu tab missing from Taskbar Properties - Similar Threads - Menu tab missing

2. Why is the customize tab in my Application properties menu missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the customize tab in my Application properties menu missing?: Recently I have been attempting to change the icon for a game from the default application icon to a more fitting image. I got the icon ready and adjusted to the right file type. Except when I went into the properties tab to adjust it the customize tab was missing...
  3. Why is the customize tab in my Application properties menu missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the customize tab in my Application properties menu missing?: Recently I have been attempting to change the icon for a game from the default application icon to a more fitting image. I got the icon ready and adjusted to the right file type. Except when I went into the properties tab to adjust it the customize tab was missing...
  4. Lost screenshots; location tab missing from properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost screenshots; location tab missing from properties: Hi community! I am so distressed and hope someone here can help. I am working a job where I need to take a ton of screenshots daily literally hundreds so in order to keep things organized I stupidly thought it would be easier to change where screenshots were stored. My plan...
  5. ELAN Tab missing from Mouse Properties

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ELAN Tab missing from Mouse Properties: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xCahj [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fy2glr/elan_tab_missing_from_mouse_properties/
  6. Tabs missing from Drive properties in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tabs missing from Drive properties in File Explorer: in this pc my driver haven't the capacity details and in peroperties aren't the former tabs.i attach the picture. please help me fix this [ATTACH] ***Original title: deappearing driver peroperties***...
  7. Enhncements tab missing from Sound Realtek Properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Enhncements tab missing from Sound Realtek Properties: [img] 104458
  8. Sharing tab missing in properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing tab missing in properties: I have Win 10 Home 64 bit. In my Win 7 there used to be a Share tab in file properties. In my Win 10 this tab is missing in properties. Any help in recovering it would be appreciated. As additional information, I am the sole user of the PC with only the one account that...
  9. Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing: Right click empty part of taskbar, go to "properties". I have 3 tabs. Taskbar, navigation, and toolbars. According to several sites I have read, I should also have a "start menu" tab with a "customization" button to change some things on the left side of the start menu, and...
  10. "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" have no "Start Menu" tab anymore??

in Windows 10 Support
    "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" have no "Start Menu" tab anymore??: Here's a screenshot of "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" dialog from a fresh clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 [img] As you can see, despite its name, it does not have a tab for "Start Menu". I remember that Preview versions of Windows 10 had a "Start Menu" tab. Did...