Windows 10: Take Screenshot in Windows 10

Discus and support Take Screenshot in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Do you know the executable file name and where it's located? I thought I would try to pin it to my task bar, and see if that would work. Sorry for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by aShai, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Take Screenshot in Windows 10

Sorry for the late reply @Clint.

I have created a shortcut in the tutorial below that still works in Windows 10 that you might see if may work for you. It basically just simulates the keystrokes to create a screenshot.

Screenshot Shortcut - Create in Windows 8

Brink, Dec 29, 2015
  2. Clint Win User

Thanks so much Brink. That worked. I have no idea why the print screen key don't work. I pined the shortcut to my task bar and it works great. Thanks again.

Take Screenshot in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Clint, Dec 29, 2015
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Clint. I'm glad it worked for you. *Smile

Brink, Dec 29, 2015
  4. Clint Win User

Brink, just FYI on my print Screen key. My Dell is only 3 weeks old, so I called Dell today to see why my key don't wok. They have redesigned it, so you have to press the Fn key then Print Screen key, then open Paint select the rectangular selection. Then make a box, put curser in box and right click and select paste. Then save to what ever folder. That's too much work for me. Thank you so much for the shortcut. That works a lot faster.

Clint, Jan 11, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Wow, I wonder why Dell did that. *Confused

Brink, Jan 11, 2016
  6. Clint Win User
    The supervisor told me that it was conflicting with some business that had to print something different. It didn't make any sense to me. He said all the manufactures were going the same way.

Clint, Jan 11, 2016
  7. paraspet Win User
    I tried to find the "Performance Options" so I can make the screen flash, but there is no such thing on my pc. I went into the Control Panel and did a search there, but no luck. Any other suggestions for screenshots to pictures?

paraspet, Jul 17, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 17, 2016
  9. paraspet Win User
    Thanks Brink. I read your notes here and was able to make and copy my screenshots!

paraspet, Jul 20, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome paraspet. *Smile

Brink, Jul 20, 2016
  11. Alireza Win User
    hello. thank you for all of your useful and high quality tutorials. i really enjoy reading them.

because i used a lot snipping tools in windows 7, now in windows 10 i have a problem.
    in windows 7 when i click on snipping tools icon (in first launch) it automatically launch "New" button. but in windows 10 i should click on "New" button in first launch every time.
    can it be like before?

Alireza, Mar 12, 2018
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Alireza,

I'm not aware of a way to have Snipping Tool automatically open with New. *Sad

Brink, Mar 12, 2018
  13. Alireza Win User

thanks for reply. i hope that they add this option in future.

Alireza, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Take Screenshot in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Screenshot

2. Screenshots from Blue System/Troubleshooting Screens?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screenshots from Blue System/Troubleshooting Screens?: Hi!I'm trying to compile a short Computer Maintenance and Troubleshooting Guide for my friend, and need to send images of the System blue Screens, such as Task Manager, Advanced Startup and Troubleshooting, etc.Is there a way to screenshot these directly from my laptop? "Prt...
  3. Screenshots from Blue System/Troubleshooting Screens?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots from Blue System/Troubleshooting Screens?: Hi!I'm trying to compile a short Computer Maintenance and Troubleshooting Guide for my friend, and need to send images of the System blue Screens, such as Task Manager, Advanced Startup and Troubleshooting, etc.Is there a way to screenshot these directly from my laptop? "Prt...
  4. Screenshots from Blue System/Troubleshooting Screens?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ScreenShot Not saving in files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ScreenShot Not saving in files: For some reason my screen shots are not saving when i use printsc key or windows key + shift + S key.Neither it shows the pop up of taking a scree shot the scree shot does apper in my clipboard but it is not saving in the screeshot folder in windows 11i have tried delete and...
  6. ScreenShot Not saving in files

ScreenShot Not saving in files: For some reason my screen shots are not saving when i use printsc key or windows key + shift + S key.Neither it shows the pop up of taking a scree shot the scree shot does apper in my clipboard but it is not saving in the screeshot folder in windows 11i have tried delete and...
  7. PLEASE look at attached screenshot...Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024 installation in Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE look at attached screenshot...Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024 installation in Windows11: I am attempting to install an Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024 upgrade. I cannot maximize the window or scroll down to the "Start installation" button. Adobe has not provided any help. I don't have problems maximizing other windows....
  8. PLEASE look at attached screenshot...Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024 installation in Windows11

PLEASE look at attached screenshot...Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024 installation in Windows11: I am attempting to install an Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024 upgrade. I cannot maximize the window or scroll down to the "Start installation" button. Adobe has not provided any help. I don't have problems maximizing other windows....
  9. screenshot

in Windows 10 Customization
    screenshot: After I take a screenshot and have it saved is it possible to crop it to just have the portion I need? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screenshot/4a6135f2-9ae2-4af5-b101-89ef4aa007b9
  10. screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screenshot: How do i take a screenshot of the chrome drop down menu that opens when you click on the three dots in theupper right hand corner? i need it for Chrome Help Community.I am used to using the snipping tool but that will not work in this case as what I need a screenshot of...