Windows 10: Taking an eternity to find the page.

Discus and support Taking an eternity to find the page. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Right I will start off by saying my internet speed is not the quickest, well in fact it is pretty useless. I tend to average 3.0 to 3.5 MBPs. Now my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bogart99, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Bogart99 Win User

Taking an eternity to find the page.

Right I will start off by saying my internet speed is not the quickest, well in fact it is pretty useless. I tend to average 3.0 to 3.5 MBPs. Now my problem is sometimes pages take an age to load. I use both Mozilla and Chrome both exhibit same problem. Mozilla dot moving back and forth and Chrome the circle going on forever. Now I use Google as my home page and a lot of times if I look at the bottom right of screen I see messages such as

Looking up the site
    Connecting to the site
    Transferring data from google.com
    A favourite is Waiting for fonts.googleapis.com

What the hell is this? Then again sometimes a pages loads nearly instantly.
    At all times my reported speed is around the previously quoted 3.0 to 3.5

Now I use Ookla speedtest to get a rough idea of current download speed. If pages are loading everything is fine, if not I cannot get speedtest to run it shows in big red letters "LATENCY TEST ERROR"

Is there anything I could check that is obvious. I done the norm cleared history etc etc?

:)

Bogart99, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 27, 2018
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Aug 27, 2018
  4. #jordan70 Win User

Chrome wont install- eternal downloading bar

• Hello all, I uninstalled chrome because it would not open. It currently will not install, just shows an eternal downloading bar. I have windows 10. Tried downloading it a few different ways , No luck. Any solutions?

#jordan70, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Taking an eternity to find the page. - Similar Threads - Taking eternity find

2. Update is eternity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update is eternity: I run update and still running forever. Im on the stage where the update is installing and its forever its been 3 hours now. I know I dont need to interrupt it but I need to work as well. I need this computer and I dont know how to do that....
  3. Update is eternity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update is eternity: I run update and still running forever. Im on the stage where the update is installing and its forever its been 3 hours now. I know I dont need to interrupt it but I need to work as well. I need this computer and I dont know how to do that....
  4. Restart takes eternity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart takes eternity: I recently built a computer and the shutdown and boot time takes only 5-10 seconds but when I try restarting it from the start menu it takes almost 4-5mins. I seriously don't understand how to fix this issue. Thank you in advance submitted by /u/harjot6 [link] [comments]...
  5. Doom eternal data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Doom eternal data: I bought doom eternal off of the microsoft store on my laptop and i have played the game alot but one day all my levels and settings where reset and everytime i relaunch the game all my data is gone again besides my save slots and my outfits. i tried to reinstall the game...
  6. Windows keeps freezing and takes eternity to load system apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps freezing and takes eternity to load system apps: Hello, So I’ve recently encountered this problem and it makes me really mad. So here’s the thing ; Windows boots normally, and works perfetcly the first 10 minutes, but after that when I for example want to open File Explorer, it won’t open and I can’t open anything. But if...
  7. Taking an eternity to find the page.

in Browsers and Email
    Taking an eternity to find the page.: Right I will start off by saying my internet speed is not the quickest, well in fact it is pretty useless. I tend to average 3.0 to 3.5 MBPs. Now my problem is sometimes pages take an age to load. I use both Mozilla and Chrome both exhibit same problem. Mozilla dot moving...
  8. Windows 10 Store takes an eternity to load.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Store takes an eternity to load.: Ok, I loaded the Windows 10 Store. Next thing I got to know, there is no 'Open' or 'Install' button on the Windows 10 Store, along with the Windows 10 Store taking forever to load. How do I fix this Windows 10 Store madness? I just fixed my Start Menu some days ago, so the...
  9. Search can't find anything (even "calculator") -- eternally loading

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Search can't find anything (even "calculator") -- eternally loading: Hi! I upgraded my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit install to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (build 10240 from "winver") last month. The Start Menu search, ever since I upgraded, has always been really slow at finding things, but now it's died. I have a pretty decent, but old laptop:...
  10. Eternal Mystery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Eternal Mystery: Well, well, well. It looks like the mystery of the disappearing Restore Points will remain a mystery forever. I am using Windows 10 on a desktpo pc. I have reserved 59GB for the Restore Points. However, all the Restore Points, both manual and automatically created ones...