Windows 10: Taking my windows 10 off the old computer and putting it on my new one?

Discus and support Taking my windows 10 off the old computer and putting it on my new one? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to uninstall my windows 10 from my old laptop and reinstall it on a new computer I just bought. I tried the slui.exe4, but the system said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisPeters2, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Taking my windows 10 off the old computer and putting it on my new one?

I am trying to uninstall my windows 10 from my old laptop and reinstall it on a new computer I just bought. I tried the slui.exe4, but the system said that it can't run that. How do I do this change?

:)

ChrisPeters2, Jul 24, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Taking my windows 10 off the old computer and putting it on my new one?

My printer takes 10 mins. to print a page. New computer, windows 10.

I bought a new computer w/windows 10. I hooked up my 7 yr. old Brother printer and it takes 10 mins. to print a page. Any suggestions?

PatriciaFoster55, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Taking my windows 10 off the old computer and putting it on my new one?

1. Taking my windows 10 off the old computer and putting it on my new one? - Similar Threads - Taking off old

2. Built a new PC, destroyed my old one, cannot activate Windows 10 for my new one.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Built a new PC, destroyed my old one, cannot activate Windows 10 for my new one.: I asked what I needed to do in order to not lose my Windows license here two weeks ago. I followed instructions. I made a boot/install USB stick using my old PC beforehand.My old PC had a registered Windows 10 Home that originated from a Windows 7 storebought copy which I...
  3. Built a new PC, destroyed my old one, cannot activate Windows 10 for my new one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built a new PC, destroyed my old one, cannot activate Windows 10 for my new one.: I asked what I needed to do in order to not lose my Windows license here two weeks ago. I followed instructions. I made a boot/install USB stick using my old PC beforehand.My old PC had a registered Windows 10 Home that originated from a Windows 7 storebought copy which I...
  4. Built a new PC, destroyed my old one, cannot activate Windows 10 for my new one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant take this PIN off my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant take this PIN off my computer: Im trying to remove the pin from my startup screen because I have a password set up that I would rather use. It wont let me go through the settings, go to accounts, press windows hello pin, because when I do I get the message "This option is currently unavailable, click to...
  6. Transferring windows 10 pro from my old computer to my new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring windows 10 pro from my old computer to my new one: Hey everyone, I've recently bought a new surface pro 7 and I have windows 10 pro on my old laptop which I'm looking to transfer to my new laptop. However when I called Microsoft the guy I was speaking to was adamant that the activation code was incorrect however that is the...
  7. Put old boot drive in new computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Put old boot drive in new computer: So I pulled an old windows 10 boot drive out of a computer and put it in a new build. It won't let me access the user file on that drive. Says "you currently don't have permission to access this folder - click continue to permanently get access to this folder". I click...
  8. How do I take Windows 10 Education off my computer if I was the one who put it on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I take Windows 10 Education off my computer if I was the one who put it on: When I first got my windows laptop in August a friend said I should definitely get education edition because it has really good features. I don't know why but I listened to him and got a free code from my university and changed it to Education Edition. Up until now I hadn't...
  9. taking windows media player off my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    taking windows media player off my computer.: It is saying it is not on my computer for windows player when I go to write it goes to windows media player . I went in to uninstall bit it still stays on the computer. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. Can I Make A Downloadable Version of Windows 10 off my Old Computer and put it on my new...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I Make A Downloadable Version of Windows 10 off my Old Computer and put it on my new...: Hello, I have a older Dell computer that has Windows 10 Home preinstalled (Updated from Windows 8) and I am building a new computer. I was wondering if there any way for me to make an image or iso or windows 10, put it on my new computer and still have windows 10 on my old...