Windows 10: Taking out Windows 10 Pro license from a PC

Discus and support Taking out Windows 10 Pro license from a PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, It seems this is a strange question. The thing is, my notebook came with Windows 8 Home license, and I just replaced it with my own Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rudy_D, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Rudy_D Win User

Taking out Windows 10 Pro license from a PC

Hi,

It seems this is a strange question. The thing is, my notebook came with Windows 8 Home license, and I just replaced it with my own Windows 10 Pro retail license. Well, it was Windows 8 Pro, and upgraded to 10 Pro. And now I want to sell my notebook, and not going to get a new notebook soon. I don't want to include my Windows 10 Pro to my buyer, instead I intend to put Windows 10 Home in it.

Now, can I reinstall it using Windows 10 Home license? Or should I use Windows 8 Home?

Also, I want to remove this notebook from my device list, and revoke my license to use on a future computer which I haven't decided yet. Can it just be... well.. stay uninstalled for a few month? Like ... until Christmas?

Thank you

:)

Rudy_D, Jul 12, 2018
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2018
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Taking out Windows 10 Pro license from a PC - Similar Threads - Taking Pro license

2. Windows 10 Pro Transfer license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Transfer license: I have HP 15-ay068ne laptop Windows 10 Home 64bit on it and I just purchased a Windows 10 Pro OEM system builder DVD from Jumia Egypt for upgrade my laptop operating system to Pro,if something happened to this laptop can i transfer that windows 10 pro license to a another pc...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Licenses Are Being Downgraded To Windows 10 Home??? I have Win 10 PRo from 2...

Windows 10 Pro Licenses Are Being Downgraded To Windows 10 Home??? I have Win 10 PRo from 2...: can you please help me out, I am using my Win 10 PRO, which was updated free of cost from Win 8 PRO. Now they are asking me to activate Windows.... I have not changed anything....
  4. Windows 10 Pro license transfer to new owner

Windows 10 Pro license transfer to new owner: I have a Samsung laptop with OEM Windows 10 Home installed originally. I upgraded via MS Store to Windows 10 Pro on this same PC. I used my Outlook.com ID for install/managing the PC. I now want to sell the PC. It will be reset to factory, which is Windows 10 Home. How...
  5. Updated to Windows 10 Pro but was never given a license

Updated to Windows 10 Pro but was never given a license: I originally bought a physical copy of Windows 10 Home and have an activation key for that. I later purchased Pro on the Microsoft Store and upgraded. I'm now reinstalling Windows. I've installed Windows 10 Home and I've been able to use my original activation key. But when...
  6. Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home: I bought a new PC with a Windows 10 Home OEM license. My old PC died, but it had a transferrable Windows 10 Pro license whose product key I had printed out before it died. Both Windows copies are linked to my Microsoft account. I would like to upgrade my new PC to Windows...
  7. License code from Windows 8.1 to 10 Pro

License code from Windows 8.1 to 10 Pro: Dear sir/Madam, Few days I go I decided to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 Pro. But as I can see I do not have any valid product code of Windows 10 Pro but a digital code. I'd like to ask you; how I'd be able to get a 'full' license code of Windows 10 Pro after my upgrade....
  8. Windows 10 Pro License Transferability

Windows 10 Pro License Transferability: Hi All Thinking of possibly getting a newer system in the future, as current one not much room to upgrade video card inside without losing Bluetooth card, so debating of finally switching from AMD based system to Intel Based System Just wondering though since I bought...
  9. Upgrade from Home to Pro by transferring a retail license

Upgrade from Home to Pro by transferring a retail license: Hello. I've recently bought a new laptop to replace a stolen one. The new laptop unfortunately comes with Windows 10 Home, and to enable disk encryption I'd need a Pro licence. In the stolen laptop, I had a full price retail Windows 8 licence, later upgraded to 8.1 and 10...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro license key

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro license key: Hey, I've been running insider preview since build 98xx, after final build came I decided to to a clean install and get my "free" license so I installed Windows 8.1 Pro with a valid license during initial setup I as prompted that I could upgrade to Windows 10 for free, this...