Windows 10: Taking out Windows 10 Pro license from a PC

Discus and support Taking out Windows 10 Pro license from a PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, It seems this is a strange question. The thing is, my notebook came with Windows 8 Home license, and I just replaced it with my own Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rudy_D, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Rudy_D Win User

Taking out Windows 10 Pro license from a PC

Hi,

It seems this is a strange question. The thing is, my notebook came with Windows 8 Home license, and I just replaced it with my own Windows 10 Pro retail license. Well, it was Windows 8 Pro, and upgraded to 10 Pro. And now I want to sell my notebook, and not going to get a new notebook soon. I don't want to include my Windows 10 Pro to my buyer, instead I intend to put Windows 10 Home in it.

Now, can I reinstall it using Windows 10 Home license? Or should I use Windows 8 Home?

Also, I want to remove this notebook from my device list, and revoke my license to use on a future computer which I haven't decided yet. Can it just be... well.. stay uninstalled for a few month? Like ... until Christmas?

Thank you

:)

Rudy_D, Jul 12, 2018
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2018
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Taking out Windows 10 Pro license from a PC - Similar Threads - Taking Pro license

2. Shift the windows 10 Pro Paper license from one PC to another PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift the windows 10 Pro Paper license from one PC to another PC: WE HAVE PAPER LICENSE FOR WINDOWS 10 PRO AND OFFICE LICENSE HOME AND BUSINESS, WITCH WERE PURCHASED IN YEAR 2016. NOW WE WANT TO SHIFT THE ONCE OF SOFTWARE TO ANOTHER SYSTEM, PLEASE GUIDE US ON THE SAME...
  3. Shift the windows 10 Pro Paper license from one PC to another PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift the windows 10 Pro Paper license from one PC to another PC: WE HAVE PAPER LICENSE FOR WINDOWS 10 PRO AND OFFICE LICENSE HOME AND BUSINESS, WITCH WERE PURCHASED IN YEAR 2016. NOW WE WANT TO SHIFT THE ONCE OF SOFTWARE TO ANOTHER SYSTEM, PLEASE GUIDE US ON THE SAME...
  4. Shift the windows 10 Pro Paper license from one PC to another PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. License key, Formatting PC, Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    License key, Formatting PC, Windows 10 Pro: Hello. I need to format my PC and do a clean install, but I have to questions: 1.- I currently have Windows 10 Pro activated with a digital license key. Do I need to uninstall the key before formatting? 2.- I used the MediaCreationTool22H2 to download a copy of Windows 10,...
  6. Reinstall Windows 10 Pro from Digital License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows 10 Pro from Digital License: About a week ago I purchased a M1 MacBook Pro. I installed Parallels which installed the Arm version of Windows 11. I then purchased the upgrade to Pro in the Microsoft Store.The Arm version of Windows 11 Pro had some software incompatibilities, so I returned the M1 MacBook...
  7. Move Windows 10 PRO license to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move Windows 10 PRO license to new PC: I am in the process of decommissioning my old PC where I had Windows 10 PRO upgraded from Windows 8 Enterprise- I had purchased. I do not have the License key from Windows 8 Days. If I get the license key from my current PC using one of many VBS scripts available in online...
  8. How to completely remove Windows 10 Pro Digital License From PC

How to completely remove Windows 10 Pro Digital License From PC: I want to remove digital license using "slmgr" but when i do fresh install Windows activates again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-completely-remove-windows-10-pro-digital/29d92003-c6ae-47f4-9b0e-218de593d883
  9. Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC

Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC: I had purchased a Windows 7 PC, and upgraded my PC to Windows 8 Pro during the upgrade offer by purchasing a Windows 8 pro license. Now I would like to transfer my license to another PC because i am thinking of disposing of my old PC. My digital license is linked to my...
  10. License code from Windows 8.1 to 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    License code from Windows 8.1 to 10 Pro: Dear sir/Madam, Few days I go I decided to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 Pro. But as I can see I do not have any valid product code of Windows 10 Pro but a digital code. I'd like to ask you; how I'd be able to get a 'full' license code of Windows 10 Pro after my upgrade....