Taking out Windows 10 Pro license from a PC

Discus and support Taking out Windows 10 Pro license from a PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, It seems this is a strange question. The thing is, my notebook came with Windows 8 Home license, and I just replaced it with my own Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rudy_D, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Rudy_D Win User

Hi,

It seems this is a strange question. The thing is, my notebook came with Windows 8 Home license, and I just replaced it with my own Windows 10 Pro retail license. Well, it was Windows 8 Pro, and upgraded to 10 Pro. And now I want to sell my notebook, and not going to get a new notebook soon. I don't want to include my Windows 10 Pro to my buyer, instead I intend to put Windows 10 Home in it.

Now, can I reinstall it using Windows 10 Home license? Or should I use Windows 8 Home?

Also, I want to remove this notebook from my device list, and revoke my license to use on a future computer which I haven't decided yet. Can it just be... well.. stay uninstalled for a few month? Like ... until Christmas?

Thank you

:)

Rudy_D, Jul 12, 2018
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2018
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Taking out Windows 10 Pro license from a PC - Similar Threads - Taking Pro license

2. The updates are killing my computers. How do I take back control over my own PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The updates are killing my computers. How do I take back control over my own PC?: It's an invasion of privacy. Why can Microsoft download things into my computer without my permission? I should have the right to decide what goes into my computer and what doesn't. They refuse to let us turn the updates off and I can't restore my system past the last update....
  3. Quick scan takes hours to complete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick scan takes hours to complete: What is going on with quick scan? I ran it yesterday and it took all day to run. Also is there a setting to run automatically. It is set to run real-time so is a scheduled scan unnecessary?...
  4. Taking W10 PC back to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taking W10 PC back to factory settings: HI ... I wish to take my Windows 10 PC back to factory settings, having backed up all desired media. This PC was originally supplied with Windows 8 and updated free by Microsoft. I have downloaded the Windows Media Creation tool on a 16GB flash drive as I was told this was...
  5. you ill need to take permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    you ill need to take permission: respected sir i am facing problem in copying my files to my pendrive i am not able to delete from my pendrive please help me in this concern matter as i am using original windows 10 lincensed thanking you...
  6. Windows 10 Block Screen while taking remote

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Block Screen while taking remote: Hi Team, I am facing issue with win 10, right now i am using win 7 and i want to take remote which is win 10, i am getting black screen and i am not able to enter my domain id pwd. plz suggest Thanks....
  7. Browsers in Windows 10 1803 taking over Steam Games Links. how to prevent that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers in Windows 10 1803 taking over Steam Games Links. how to prevent that?: ok . so issue is in 1803 of windows 10. Fresh install of windows 10. fresh installed Steam. while i launch game in steam client (Don Bradman Cricket 14). it starts normally. but when after going through a match setup and match is about to start. Window's default browser...
  8. PC taking forever to boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC taking forever to boot.: My PC has been taking a long time to boot. Whenever I press the power button, the power light blinks and the loading screen appears as usual, but it remains for a long time(the dots circling screen). I have waited for apmost hours but it doesnt start. I have to firce atop it...
  9. computer taking 15-30 seconds to complete task

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer taking 15-30 seconds to complete task: Everytime I try to click on anything on the computer - it takes 15-30 seconds and will usually show the circle spinning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-taking-15-30-seconds-to-complete-task/0d7558bb-d145-4250-8f96-05431af325ea
  10. How to take a backup of C Drive (Operating System) in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to take a backup of C Drive (Operating System) in Windows 10 Pro?: Please help me in taking a backup of my Operating System of Windows 10 Pro. I would like to take a backup of only Operating System and nothing else, so that it takes a very small space of my Partition. I want this to recover from a state where my Desktop PC would not boot or...