Windows 10: Tap-to-click doesn't work on ASUS touchpad after updating driver

Discus and support Tap-to-click doesn't work on ASUS touchpad after updating driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I have received an update for the ASUS Touchpad on my X540L Series laptop, which is running Windows 10 Insider. After installing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lê Duy Quang, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Tap-to-click doesn't work on ASUS touchpad after updating driver

Recently I have received an update for the ASUS Touchpad on my X540L Series laptop, which is running Windows 10 Insider. After installing and restarting, everything I can do with the touchpad works, except the tapping functions. I cannot tap to click, and as the result I cannot use it to double-click and drag either, so I have to use the hardware button to actually click stuff.

As I said, everything else works: I can move the mouse around, use 2/3/4-finger gestures properly. I double-checked the ASUS Smart Gesture configurations and everything was enabled.

I tried rolling back the driver, and the tapping function works, but everything else didn't. I also tried reinstalling the driver downloaded from ASUS download center, it failed.

It is being so annoying at the moment because I have to click a lot and I don't want to stick my left hand finger to the hardware mouse button.

I would appreciate if there were any solutions. Thanks.

:)

Lê Duy Quang, Sep 3, 2018

2. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Sep 3, 2018
  3. touchpad doesn 't work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Try below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search box and open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the instruction.

Method 2: If issue persists try to un-install and install latest Disk drives driver and check if it helps. To uninstall driver follow below steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then double-tap or double-click the device name.
    • Tap or click the Driver tab, tap or click
      Update Driver, and then follow the instructions
    Download latest driver from manufacturer’s website and install

Try the above steps and let us know the status of the issue for further assistance. Feel free to contact us, we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Tap-to-click doesn't work on ASUS touchpad after updating driver

touchpad gestures two finger scroll not working Asus 501

Hi there,

1. Go to N501VW | ASUS Global Downloads
    2. Download the latest ATK - ATKPackage driver
    3. Download the latest TouchPad - ASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver)
    4. Uninstall both the Touchpad driver and the Asus ATK package driver.
    5. Reboot
    6. First install ATKPackage driver (IMPORTANT to do this FIRST)
    7. Reboot
    8. Then install the TouchPad driver (may need to reboot)
    9. Test if all is working as it should

I had this same issue with my Asus UX305 when I upgraded to Windows version 1803 and doing the above steps solved the issue for me.

slicendice, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

Tap-to-click doesn't work on ASUS touchpad after updating driver

1. Tap-to-click doesn't work on ASUS touchpad after updating driver - Similar Threads - Tap click doesn't

2. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad have switched correctly, but now when I double-tap the...
  3. Mouse/touchpad click doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse/touchpad click doesn't work: Hi all, a very specific problem that I would really appreciate some help on for Windows 10 I think what caused the problem is a new mouse I bought, which I set up by simply plugging in the USB receiver and it worked fine. However, I had to send it back, and have since gone...
  4. Tap in the touchpad is not working

Tap in the touchpad is not working: In my laptop tap option is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tap-in-the-touchpad-is-not-working/3851af51-b211-46e7-87f0-9bd271009b33
  5. Disable tap to click on touchpad.

Disable tap to click on touchpad.: I recently installed an update to Windows 10. I originally had my touchpad set to only use the buttons to click, because I GODDAMN HATE WHEN THE TOUCHPAD ACCIDENTALLY CLICKS ON SOMETHING WHEN I BRUSH MY HAND ACROSS IT!!! I can't find anywhere to turn it off, and I swear to...
  6. Option to disable tap to click in Synaptics Touchpad missing after Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Option to disable tap to click in Synaptics Touchpad missing after Windows update: With the latest update (about 1 week ago) that happened outside of the "Update Tuesday" update, the old way of disabling the tap to click for my touchpad is gone. The last "Device Settings Tab" no longer appears. There is no way to get to the one checkbox that I need to....
  7. ASUS touchpad not working after Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS touchpad not working after Windows 10 updates: The touchpad not working (scrolling) after a Windows 10 update is not new. The solution has always been to uninstall the SmartGesture touchpad program and the ATK drivers and reinstall them. That always fixes it. However, the 1809 upgrade attempts have deleted parts of the...
  8. Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable the tapping feature (aka: Tap...
  9. Right click doesn't work on touchpad

Right click doesn't work on touchpad: I have a HP 15-ay083TU laptop with Windows 10.The right click button on my touchpad has suddenly stopped working.I checked the synaptics touchpad settings and the two finger scrolling feature is enabled. 73935
  10. Touchpad Tap not working

Touchpad Tap not working: After using Bluetooth mouse, touch pad tapping has stopped working, navigation is working fine, Its Synaptics clik pad V7.4. I tried to update the driver, but it shows the driver is up to date.............. Please help...... 31536

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tap to click doesnt work windows 10