Windows 10: Tap to Click on Latest Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Tap to Click on Latest Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I tap on my touchpad, the computer treats it as a click, just as if I had pressed the left mouse button. How do I turn this off? I had it turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Billy J. Smith, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Tap to Click on Latest Windows 10 Update

When I tap on my touchpad, the computer treats it as a click, just as if I had pressed the left mouse button. How do I turn this off? I had it turned off until I updated my Windows program, but when I restarted the computer to do that it defaulted back to this. Any help on how to turn this off is appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Billy J. Smith, Aug 24, 2018
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 24, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Tap to Click on Latest Windows 10 Update

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Tap to Click on Latest Windows 10 Update

1. Tap to Click on Latest Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Tap Click Latest

2. Tap to Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tap to Click: Can't turn off tap to click in Windows 10 on new HP computer... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tap-to-click/37276d93-9bd3-4b8c-8162-ceafe1ecad1d
  3. How do I disable tap to click on Synaptics Touchpad following latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable tap to click on Synaptics Touchpad following latest Windows update: With the latest update (about 1 week ago) that happened outside of the "Update Tuesday" update, the old way of disabling the tap to click for my touchpad is gone. The last "Device Settings Tab" no longer appears. There is no way to get to the one checkbox that I need to....
  4. disable click-on-tap on latest version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable click-on-tap on latest version of windows 10: Previous answers do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-click-on-tap-on-latest-version-of-windows/82691097-9c27-478c-b72b-0f36bc9b21a0
  5. Tap to click not working with the new update of windows 10 to version 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tap to click not working with the new update of windows 10 to version 1803: Tap to click not working with the new update of windows 10 to version 1803 although tap to click function was enabled in Asus A540L laptop. Rollback of driver helped with the tap to click to get enabled but led to other smart gestures getting dysfunctional. Also, with the...
  6. Disabling tap to click in windows 10

Disabling tap to click in windows 10: I have an MSI computer with a Synaptics touch pad. I have not been able to disable the tap to click "feature" on the touch pad MSI says it is all controlled by Windows 10 and I have to wait to see if they fix it. This sounds wrong to me cause I have a Dell laptop running the...
  7. Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable the tapping feature (aka: Tap...
  8. Tap to Click not working on Windows 10 Upgrade

Tap to Click not working on Windows 10 Upgrade: Hi guys I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 today. I really love the new interface, but for some reason my "tap to click" is not working on my touchpad anymore. I have to manually press the right click button which can be tedious at times with my laptop. Everyother...
  9. How To Disable Tap-to-Click on Windows 10

How To Disable Tap-to-Click on Windows 10: I recently updated/upgraded my Windows 8 laptop to Windows 10 operating system. I would like to know how to disable the tap-to-click touch-pad feature in Windows 10. It was easy to do on 8, but after searching through the settings on 10 I am unable to locate that setting....
  10. tap to click

in Windows 10 Support
    tap to click: hello forum members,can anyone tell me how to disable tap to click I used to use the synaptics driver but it no longer works in windows ten,thanks in advance. 48061