Windows 10: Tape backup software

Discus and support Tape backup software in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; What are current recommendations for this please? I use an Ultrium-4 drive on a server and iSCSI connection from a booted CD to take image backups of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by perdrix, Mar 17, 2018.

1. perdrix Win User

Tape backup software

What are current recommendations for this please? I use an Ultrium-4 drive on a server and iSCSI connection from a booted CD to take image backups of all the machines here at home, but dd isn't the best of backup utilities *Smile

I can't afford a PetaByte disk array so please don't suggest disk-disk backup.

Oh yes, I can't afford Symantec BackupExec or similar ... Freeware preferred, reasonably priced shareware also good.

Thanks
    David

:)

perdrix, Mar 17, 2018

2. Multiple "File History" volumes?

Greetings,

Back in the mainframe days, one alternated three backup volumes, i.e., magnetic tapes.

In this way, if a backup volume failed, one could recover most of the data using the previously-created backup and minimize data loss.

For example: Monday-DriveA, Tuesday-DriveB, Wednesday-DriveC, Thursday-DriveA, Friday-DriveB, Saturday-DriveC, Sunday-DriveA, Monday-DriveB, ....

With File History enabled in Windows 10, can one successfully attach a different external disk each day?

If not, I'd welcome suggestions of Backup/Restore software which supported alternating volumes.

jim.phillips, Mar 17, 2018
  3. John Sarc Win User
    tape to

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know more about "Tape to add child add".

Regards.

John Sarc, Mar 17, 2018
  4. swarfega Win User

Tape backup software

Try uranium-backup.com i use it for NAS backups. Haven't used it for tapes though.

swarfega, Mar 17, 2018
  5. perdrix Win User
    I looked at that, but sadly the free version doesn't have tape support *Sad. The tape version costs €150 for the 1st license (I need at least 4).

perdrix, Mar 17, 2018
  6. RolandJS Win User
    You might have to get past the desire for free and venture into the land of pay-for (multi-computers pack are common). Research for tape-friendly software and do as many of us have done -- get a multi-computer pack license for a program that performs rock-solid, error-free, and the restores indeed -- restore.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Tape backup software

1. Tape backup software - Similar Threads - Tape backup software

2. backup using multiple softwares

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup using multiple softwares: Recently I've been thinking of backup my laptop and I was scouting a suitable software. But I am in a dilemma of choosing it mainly because there are no software that is perfect. I mean every software has its disadvantages or bad user experience etc. So I was wondering, is it...
  3. backup using multiple softwares

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backup using multiple softwares: Recently I've been thinking of backup my laptop and I was scouting a suitable software. But I am in a dilemma of choosing it mainly because there are no software that is perfect. I mean every software has its disadvantages or bad user experience etc. So I was wondering, is it...
  4. Does this backup software exist?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does this backup software exist?: I'm looking for a backup software for Win10 that can backup specifically selected folders that I select instead of backing up the whole drive, and only back up the files if they have changed or updated so it doesn't take a long time rewriting every file that hasn't been...
  5. download tapes to computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    download tapes to computer: Hi All, I want to download tapes into my PC, and then burn onto disc, I am seeing that this may not be as simple as I thought, being a bit of a comp dunmmy. I see I need a "CONVERTER" what is the best and safest one for windows please. Thanks...
  6. Is backup software a gimmick ????

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is backup software a gimmick ????: What I understand about backup is you copy the files to another storage medium. Simply selecting the files and then copy-and-paste and then that should do it...... Why there is often what so-called backup software? They may even charge. Why do we need those software? 118784
  7. Tape backup software for Windows 10

Tape backup software for Windows 10: OK I've got external HDDs, but not enough to store all my systems, so I have an HP Ultrium 460 LTO tape drive. What software do you recommend for tape bckup on Windows 10? I tried Easeus Todo backup trial but that was painfully slow. Acronis Advanced Backup is rather...
  8. Recommend backup software for 10

Recommend backup software for 10: Hi ... I'm curious if anyone is using a backup software with windows 10 ? And, if so which are you using ? I always been a Acronis True Image user but their latest version 2015 I really hate the whole interface of it . I did try it out but it has fail when I try to restore an...
  9. Free file backup software

Free file backup software: Hi, Can anyone suggest a good free third party software for file backup.....? I googled it, but it seems that some free tools do not work well with W10. I have Macrium and use it for Imaging/Cloning, but the free version does not offer file backup. I would like to...
  10. Recommendation for image backup software

Recommendation for image backup software: Hi All, Just wondering what image backup software do you recommend? I've been using Acronis 2016 and I've had a couple of minor niggles with it lately and am thinking about changing. I would prefer something with a small footprint and an easy to use interface. 25307

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows tape backup software