Windows 10: i cant change the colour of my taskbar

Discus and support i cant change the colour of my taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi.I just installed windows and i cant change the colour of my taskbar.My windows is activated. I did go to the personalise tab but it wont let me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by I3eginner, Jul 10, 2019.

1. I3eginner Win User

i cant change the colour of my taskbar

Hi.I just installed windows and i cant change the colour of my taskbar.My windows is activated. I did go to the personalise tab but it wont let me click on the sart,tasck.bar and action center. Can someone help plz? Ty

:)

I3eginner, Jul 10, 2019
  2. mo golf Win User

Change taskbar colour

How do I change the taskbar colour to a lighter colour on windows 10?

mo golf, Oct 1, 2019
  3. bhaskar Win User
    change colour in calendar

unfortunately you cannot just change the text colour of the date.

Is there a way to make a suggestion for this?

in the mean time, i will have to turn off the use of accent colours on the taskbar.

shame i can't use the blue colour i wanted i cant change the colour of my taskbar :(

bhaskar, Oct 1, 2019
  4. i cant change the colour of my taskbar

The text colour in taskbar changed automatically

Hello Desmond,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you with additional information from here.

From the description provided, I understand that the Taskbar is not showing correct color compositions.

With default settings, Windows 10 uses black color for Start menu, taskbar and action center.
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and see if it helps in the current situation.

Method 1

Follow the below recommendation in order to set the color composition of your preference.

A. Change the taskbar color to your desired one.

Step 1: Right-click on desktop and then click Personalize option to Personalization section of Settings app.

Step 2: In the left-pane, click Colors to see various settings on the right.

Step 3: On the right-side, turn on the option labelled
    Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center
    . Make sure that the first option labelled
    Automatically pick an accent color from my background is turned
    off

Step 4: Now, under Choose your accent color, click on a tile to select and set it as the color for your taskbar, Start menu and action center.

B. Change the taskbar color to match desktop background.

Step 1: Open Personalization section of Settings app. To do so,
    right-click on desktop and then click Personalize.

Step 2: On the left-side, click Colors.

Step 3: Now, on the right-side, turn on the following options:

• Automatically pick an accent color from my background.
    • Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center.

Method 2

Try to find out if you can change the way the Windows Theme looks like.

1. Type in the Search bar Change the Theme

2. Choose any one under Windows Default Themes.

You can also tweak the color and appearance of taskbar, Windows borders and Start Menu.

1. Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut, Windows key
    i cant change the colour of my taskbar Windows_Key.png
    +
    I

2. Click on the Personalization.

3. Click on the Color.

4. Choose your color and click on Save changes.

5. The color of the taskbar, window borders and start menu is now changed.

Please write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

i cant change the colour of my taskbar

1. i cant change the colour of my taskbar - Similar Threads - cant change colour

2. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar colour: I'm hoping to get an answer but, My question is, on Windows 10 New Installations the taskbar tends to vary between being black, or white, as if some are in dark mode and others are in light mode.I'm referring to for example, I will use windows media creation tool to create a...
  3. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar colour: I'm hoping to get an answer but, My question is, on Windows 10 New Installations the taskbar tends to vary between being black, or white, as if some are in dark mode and others are in light mode.I'm referring to for example, I will use windows media creation tool to create a...
  4. For one of my Themes - Can't Change colour of taskbar

For one of my Themes - Can't Change colour of taskbar: As you can see, I don't even get the option to tick the box. It's only happening to one of my themes. Why is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-one-of-my-themes-cant-change-colour-of-taskbar/deec2299-17f8-45d1-a91e-d5af8ef6924c
  5. How Do I Change The Colour Of My Taskbar ?

How Do I Change The Colour Of My Taskbar ?: After a recent Windows 10 update my Taskbar is white and I can't change it back to Navy Blue. The option 'Start, taskbar and action centre' is grayed out and not available. Can someone help ? 168520
  6. Unable to change colour of taskbar

Unable to change colour of taskbar: My taskbar suddenly changed to grey this morning?? I have tried to change it back to the greeny-blue it was but I am unable to do this, even if I follow the instructions given by Bing/microsoft. I have tried all sorts of display adjustments that I am able to change but...
  7. Changing Taskbar Colour

Changing Taskbar Colour: Following the instructions at https://www.bing.com/search?q=change%20taskbar%20color%20windows%2010%20site:microsoft.com&form=B00032&ocid=SettingsHAQ-BingIA&mkt=en-US I get stopped at [ATTACH] because the option to change the taskbar colour is deactivated. How do I fix...
  8. Taskbar changed colour involunarily

Taskbar changed colour involunarily: I have two Dell Inspiron laptops running latest editions of Windows 10 (ver 1903). Over the past few days the taskbar has changed (without any intervention from me) from a dark colour to almost white on both devices (but on different days). This makes the icons difficult, but...
  9. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar colour: Since the 1903 update, my taskbar is a light colour. I have been to settings, colour, but the 'start menu, taskbar, action center' box is greyed out. If I change main colour to dark then all folders go dark. I only want a dark taskbar. Any help appreciated. Thank you. 135495
  10. Change taskbar colour

Change taskbar colour: How do I change the taskbar colour to a lighter colour on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/change-taskbar-colour/d1c0066d-4bff-46d3-9009-a03e45410b05

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when I try to change the color on start menu it wont let me click on start taskbar and action . how can I change the color

2. how do i change the colour of my taskbar