Windows 10: Task Bar Icon Space Question

Discus and support Task Bar Icon Space Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I click on a task bar icon to run a program, the icon expands horizontally to occupy around 3 cm of task bar space. Is there any way to reduce the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AlexB, Aug 8, 2015.

1. AlexB Win User

Task Bar Icon Space Question

When I click on a task bar icon to run a program, the icon expands horizontally to occupy around 3 cm of task bar space. Is there any way to reduce the space it occupies?

:)

AlexB, Aug 8, 2015
  2. BRCjr Win User

missing task viewer icon in task bar and can't find in search bar

Right click on any empty space on task bar and left click show task view button which will place a check mark beside it and the icon will then appear on task bar.

BRCjr, Aug 8, 2015
  3. how do I enlarge the icons on the windows 10 lowere toolbar

It's likely that your task bar icons settings were changed. To restore the normal size of your task bar icons, somply right-click on any empty space on the task bar, click
    Settings, then disable Use small taskbar buttons.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 8, 2015
  4. ram1220 Win User

I haven't seen that issue.

ram1220, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Task Bar Icon Space Question - Similar Threads - Task Bar Icon

2. Task bar question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar question: I would like to now if there is a way to lock the task bar so that it does not pop up when the mouse goes over it. I have several apps that I have to click at the bottom of the screen and when a lot of times my mouse goes to the bottom and up pops the task bar and covers the...
  3. Task bar question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar question: I would like to now if there is a way to lock the task bar so that it does not pop up when the mouse goes over it. I have several apps that I have to click at the bottom of the screen and when a lot of times my mouse goes to the bottom and up pops the task bar and covers the...
  4. task bar question

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar question: I have 2 monitors. how do i get the taskbar on the second one to be the same as the one on my main monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-question/640f704b-0d49-4316-b94a-e41379a59dbc
  5. task bar question

task bar question: I have 2 monitors. how do i get the taskbar on the second one to be the same as the one on my main monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-question/640f704b-0d49-4316-b94a-e41379a59dbc
  6. Email icon appears to be a blank space on task bar

Email icon appears to be a blank space on task bar: I performed the latest Windows update and now my email icon appears as a blank space on the task bar. I can right click and it says Mail, I can click the blank space and it opens Mail and I can move the blank space and it moves. The only problem is the blue mail icon is...
  7. Task Bar Icons

Task Bar Icons: Why are certain taskbar icons grayed out, and how can I make them reappear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/9791345e-32f4-4714-bb2a-fac027ff537d
  8. Task bar questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task bar questions: My computer just did an update, and now the Task bar is bright white. I can't seem to change it in the settings. In the settings, underneath "Show accent color on the following surfaces", there is an option I can't click on that says "Start, taskbar, and action center". Any...
  9. TASK BAR ICONS

TASK BAR ICONS: SOMEHOW ANOTHER THE TASK BAR ICONS HAVE MOVED ON ME ALSO THE TIMEHAS DISSAPPEARED .. THEY ARE ALL TOGETHER INSTEAD OF SPACED OUT.. I MIGHT HAVE CLIKED ON SOMETHING BUT DONT THINK I DID.. HOW TO MOVE THEM BACKTO DEFAULT POSTION TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT CONCER?? PLZ HELP, THANKS...
  10. task bar icons

task bar icons: The battery indicator (icon) of my task bar disappears time to time.The solutions that are provided by Micro Soft at the first stage do not work. Please help me to overcome this problem....