Windows 10: Task Bar Is Thick Whenever On Bottom. Help?

Discus and support Task Bar Is Thick Whenever On Bottom. Help? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Back in build 9879 i had chosen to move my taskbar for the left to change it up a bit. Once i decided to put it back to the bottom it decided to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hal0freak, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Hal0freak Win User

Task Bar Is Thick Whenever On Bottom. Help?

Back in build 9879 i had chosen to move my taskbar for the left to change it up a bit. Once i decided to put it back to the bottom it decided to be thicker then it was originally and the pinned programs don't even stretch down to the bottom. i have gone through 9926, and now 10041 and it has yet to fix. i have tried locking it, unlocking it, moving it, then moving it back, auto hiding, making icons small, and obviously the PC has been restarted quite a bit since it started.. any ideas??

:)

Hal0freak, Mar 24, 2015

2. Task bar

The task bar is too thick, or too high, and it blocks my page. How can I shrink it?

BobDesrochers, Mar 24, 2015
  3. PM97 Win User
    My windows taskbar refreshes and clicks off of the window I am currently on, how do I fix this? (Windows 10)

Basically, whenever I'm doing anything in on my computer, the task bar at the bottom will go through a refresh animation and I will be clicked off of my window. This means that whenever I am watching a full screen video or playing a game in fullscreen
    the task bar will cover it and I can't get rid of it. To resolve this I have tried: restarting my computer and killing and restarting explorer.exe in the task manager. I'm running out of ideas at this point. Any help?

4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Hal0freak, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It looks like you have the taskbar set to two levels high instead of the default one. Since you are using small icons on the taskbar instead of large, it just doesn't look like it's two levels high.

If you unlock the taskbar and drag it back down to one level, you should be good to go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ar-resize.html

Brink, Mar 24, 2015
  5. Hal0freak Win User
    Its believes that its already as low as it can go. I also don't have small icons enabled ATM... Here is a pic of as thin i can get the taskbar with icons set to small..

Hal0freak, Mar 26, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    I replicated exactly what you have. Try this out:

Task Bar Is Thick Whenever On Bottom. Help? [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 26, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hal,

It definitely looks like you have your taskbar set to more than one level high. Double check by unlocking the taskbar and dragging it down as far as it will go. The tutorial link I posted above and Edwin's screenshot above will show this. *Smile

Brink, Mar 26, 2015
  8. Hal0freak Win User

It does look one step too high. i am able to make it thicker after unlocking. and when i go all the way to the bottom of my screen the smallest it gets is like shown in the pics. It seems i'm the only one with this issue and its a bit annoying. I'd also like to say that my mother account on my PC has a normal taskbar just like you would expect it to be. but she has never moved or re sized it.

Hal0freak, Mar 26, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    How does it look when using large icons on the taskbar when you try dragging it down all the way?

Brink, Mar 26, 2015
  10. Hal0freak Win User
    i use the normal sized all the time (If that's what you mean by large i don't like small) and it looks just the same.. the first pic i have attached to the original post is all the way down with the small taskbar buttons box not checked.

Hal0freak, Mar 26, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    @ Hal0freak :
    three things:
    - is your screen set to it's native resolution,
    - what dpi scale are you at, and
    - I'm just grasping at straws now but, have you turned on 'touch keyboard' then disabled it elsewhere? Like I said, I'm just fishin here! *Smile

Edwin, Mar 27, 2015
  12. Hal0freak Win User
    I do not have touch keyboard i do not believe as an option. i'm on a desktop with no touch input.. also never have had it to a touch input. i am including some things that could possibly help.. i'm not quite sure if they will but its good to give as much info as possible.. Hopefully it will help. Also apologies for the slightly choppy PDF. HTML would not upload.

Hal0freak, Mar 27, 2015
  13. Dude Win User

Looking at your snip it is showing the day in the bottom right, so it is somehow resized. Lets try something,

Press *Start type regedit. Then navigate “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics” registry key

Post a screenshot of the values, here are mine

14. Dude Win User
    Well they look the same.

15. Hal0freak Win User
    Yeah im utterly confused.. i wonder if its related to cortana not saying anything at all.... but she works on my mothers account,, im totally clueless

Hal0freak, Mar 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Task Bar Is Thick Whenever On Bottom. Help? - Similar Threads - Task Bar Thick

2. Task bar covers bottom of window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar covers bottom of window: Hello. Whenever I use my computer the taskbar covers the bottom of the window. This occurs with every window I open and restarting windowsExplorer fixes the issue but only temporarily and the issue happens again. This is extremely frustrating. Auto hide is turned off on the...
  3. Task bar covers bottom of window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar covers bottom of window: Hello. Whenever I use my computer the taskbar covers the bottom of the window. This occurs with every window I open and restarting windowsExplorer fixes the issue but only temporarily and the issue happens again. This is extremely frustrating. Auto hide is turned off on the...
  4. weird spacing at bottom of task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    weird spacing at bottom of task bar: [ATTACH]So I noticed that I've suddenly gained this weird space underneath the icons on my taskbar. its really annoying and just not nice to look at. I've played around with positioning of the task bar and locking and unlocking it, but that hasn't worked. any suggestions???...
  5. Speaker Icon at Bottom of Task Bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker Icon at Bottom of Task Bar: For some reason, we seem to have an issue with the speaker icon at the bottom of the task bar, everyday i check it, it is either turned down or muted. i keep it at 100 at all times. Does anyone know why this keeps happening? Is there a fix to it?...
  6. task bar right bottom is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    task bar right bottom is not working: in task bar right bottom no icon is working as well as in settings also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-right-bottom-is-not-working/11d9fdf2-eddc-48ab-94a0-5a9474bd351e
  7. bottom task bar..

bottom task bar..: windows 10 another problem... I've had so many glitches since windows 10 driving me mad..little annoying things pointer kept disappearing half way thru a project , then calculator , the foto app lost all my pics. .various niggly problems . today the bottom task bar wont...
  8. Task bar covers bottom of window

Task bar covers bottom of window: Until recently my desk top and windows never went behind the taskbar, now when a window is maximized, the bottom scroll bar is behind the task bar. How can I limit the desk top to real estate NOT covered by the task bar?...
  9. bottom task bar

bottom task bar: When I go full screen the bottom task bar has always gone as well. This morning it stays there and I can't right click it to clear, as when I put the cursor in It becomes the vertical arrow sign, (as in widen etc.)How can I rectify this if I cant click it....
  10. Bottom task bar is always on top

Bottom task bar is always on top: Hello, This problem is ridiculous. Whenever I enter the full screen in any video, the bottom task bar stays on top. Restarting windows explorer solves the problem, but temporary. I don't want to restart windows explorer all the time , could you provide a permanent fix please....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task bar thick