Windows 10: Task bar occasionally opens BEHIND a window

Discus and support Task bar occasionally opens BEHIND a window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Title says it all. Sometimes, out of no where, my task bar starts opening behind all my windows. This only happens on my main monitor and not my other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jhedward13, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Task bar occasionally opens BEHIND a window

Title says it all. Sometimes, out of no where, my task bar starts opening behind all my windows. This only happens on my main monitor and not my other ones. I have no idea what causes this or how to solve it. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: forgot to include a gif of what it looks like, Gyazo

Thanks

:)

jhedward13, Jul 28, 2018

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jul 28, 2018
  3. DevannB Win User
    Windows 10 - Task bar pins are occasionally blinking

I've noticed the pinned applications (and open windows) occasionally blink in the task bar from time to time. It seems to happen every hour or so, perodically. I can't for the life of me figure out why this is happening. I've searched for an answer for
    weeks and have come across nothing. Every solution I've tried has not worked.

DevannB, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Task bar occasionally opens BEHIND a window

task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Task bar occasionally opens BEHIND a window

1. Task bar occasionally opens BEHIND a window - Similar Threads - Task bar occasionally

2. Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager: I have tried most methods so far.Here are some of the methods I have tried:1. Using these Commands in the command prompt:sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then restarting pc2.Reinstalling Windows 11 ISO method3. right clicking the settings icon on the...
  3. Windows secreen is going behind task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows secreen is going behind task bar: The window area should start above top edge of the Task bar .... and it ude to do this.However it has now changed such that window is a little larger than it should be, which results in bottom portion being below the task bar.It is a pain as you cant grab right hand corner of...
  4. Windows secreen is going behind task bar

Windows secreen is going behind task bar: The window area should start above top edge of the Task bar .... and it ude to do this.However it has now changed such that window is a little larger than it should be, which results in bottom portion being below the task bar.It is a pain as you cant grab right hand corner of...
  5. Problem with opening windows in the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with opening windows in the task bar: Well, since I got Windows 11 I got this problem, everytime i press Windows key, and I open some window in my task bar, it opens for 1 frame, and then it gets minimized, the only way to actually open that window, is through alt + tab or windows + tab.I'd like to know what I...
  6. Problem with opening windows in the task bar

Problem with opening windows in the task bar: Well, since I got Windows 11 I got this problem, everytime i press Windows key, and I open some window in my task bar, it opens for 1 frame, and then it gets minimized, the only way to actually open that window, is through alt + tab or windows + tab.I'd like to know what I...
  7. Task bar only occasionally shows on second monitor

Task bar only occasionally shows on second monitor: Like Win 10, I set up my task bar to automatically hide on Win 11. Selecting the task bar with the mouse to wake up works fine on my main screen but 70% of the time refuses to work on my second monitor which is a pain when the first screen is busy with a full frame game. Any...
  8. Task bar only occasionally shows on second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar only occasionally shows on second monitor: Like Win 10, I set up my task bar to automatically hide on Win 11. Selecting the task bar with the mouse to wake up works fine on my main screen but 70% of the time refuses to work on my second monitor which is a pain when the first screen is busy with a full frame game. Any...
  9. When some applications open a new window, the title bar gets hidden behind the task bar...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When some applications open a new window, the title bar gets hidden behind the task bar...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/foreverallama_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gnalwh/when_some_applications_open_a_new_window_the/
  10. open windows to task bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    open windows to task bar: something happened when they repaired my phone, now i can't transfer my open window to my task bar for easy return when working with other files. CAN ANYONE HELP ME...