Windows 10: Task Host Window Always Hanging

Discus and support Task Host Window Always Hanging in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. following the big "feature update" hoozit i got a couple months ago, it seems that now, whenever i power off i get the blue screen telling me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wolfie138, Apr 24, 2018.

1. wolfie138 Win User

Task Host Window Always Hanging

Hi all.
    following the big "feature update" hoozit i got a couple months ago, it seems that now, whenever i power off i get the blue screen telling me that are apps waiting to close; this seems to be the AppUpdate checker or whatever it's called; is this a common issue after this update, and how do i sort it? i was using the machine last night and before i hit the power off i closed everything [only had the browser up] then brought up the Task Manager which confirmed nothing was still running, and lo and behold when i powered off i got that message again.

TIA

:)

wolfie138, Apr 24, 2018
  2. Mikro61 Win User

Edge freezes when computer left idle and errror Task Host is stopping background tasks

If leave my computer on for about 1 hour Edge freezes the start menu disappears, so I go to taskmanager and restart from there and there is always this message:

Task Host Window

Task Host is stopping background tasks (\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\Automatic App Update)

How do I rectify this problem

Mikro61, Apr 24, 2018
  3. Host Process for Windows Task has stopped working error

Hello Team,

Few days before, i am facing issue of Host Process for Windows Task has stopped working error. when i get same pop-up my system getting hanged.

While i change current language for non-unicode programs is in English (United States) for windows task host process issue has been resolved.

But i need some information about this setting. What is exactly root cause while change mentioned setting.

Please help us

HO IT Services, Apr 24, 2018
  4. Task Host Window Always Hanging

If you open Store app, click on three dots upper right, then Settings can you disable App Updates. I would then restart, return and re-enable.

You could also try an in place repair / upgrade. This is an upgrade unless you are on V1709. I recommend a data backup if your data shares same partition as OS.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

Task Host Window Always Hanging

1. Task Host Window Always Hanging - Similar Threads - Task Host Window

2. Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks: In addition to these problems: Start Button is not working. Windows Explorer/Search is not working. Setting is not responsive. When I restart or shutdown, I get the message "Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks". Is this creating the problem with the Start...
  3. Task Host Window again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Host Window again: Im getting a problem, when I want to log out of my pc. but the line its showing is \microsoft\Windows\LanguagesComponentsinstaller\Installation How do you fix this, so I can shut down my pc, properly. Much thanks My email is *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  4. Task Host

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Host: Computer Freezes after 5 minutes of idle. To turn computer on I must first unplug power. I believe this is a Task Host problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-host/a4a7a000-132b-463c-800b-45859bcb8bfe
  5. Task Host

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Host: Hi! Im in need of advice. Ive got a band new laptop with just a couple months of use. Yesterday I felt it was hotter than normal without the ouse of any intensive program, and tho its summer in my country, it was not THAT hot. Wen I went to turn it off "task host" appeared...
  6. Task Host Window

Task Host Window: Got message that says 'task host window is preveting background tasks' when I try and go back and cancel there are no apps active - how do I shutdown laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-host-window/22d8622b-f819-4e43-8330-71ec382097f1
  7. Task host is stopping background tasks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task host is stopping background tasks: What can be done to correct receiving task host is stopping background tasks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-host-is-stopping-background-tasks/a7f82c8e-4c1f-405e-b0a0-962966238837
  8. task host window

task host window: How can this be closed? I get a 403 Forbidden access message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-host-window/4c4f37d0-b03e-47d1-9e46-e65bf7ecfb3e
  9. task host window is stopping background tasks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    task host window is stopping background tasks: This warning has become an issue after two of the last three windows updates stopping restarts and shutdowns. We have tried the many steps outlined via google search as well as: Control panel Administrative Tools Task Scheduler open Left side Select Task schedule...
  10. Task Host Window stopping background tasks

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Host Window stopping background tasks: It means that a process is hung up and Windows has killed it. Sounds like your video editor is the problem. I think your right. I contacted my IT service and they told me the graphics card needed updating. I thought that fixed the problem but later today Premiere began to...