Windows 10: Task Manager broken, search bar not working and more

Discus and support Task Manager broken, search bar not working and more in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello, I have been using windows 10 Insider Preview build 10130 for a few weeks now and everything worked fine except for a few beta bugs. Though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by YouWorlds, Jul 6, 2015.

1. YouWorlds Win User

Task Manager broken, search bar not working and more

hello,

I have been using windows 10 Insider Preview build 10130 for a few weeks now and everything worked fine except for a few beta bugs.
    Though today when i started up my pc and opened google chrome, it refused to load any page. Project Spartan does work and any game does connect. When i run incognito MOST pages work too. So i tried logging out and back in but my pc froze when logging back in and i had to restart. The problem of google chrome not loading was still NOT fixed. So i wanted to open Task Manager, my windows refused to open task manager. Then i tried searching Spartan in my search bar to search for solutions. My search bar DOES NOT load ANYTHING. so i opened spartan via file explorer and found a CC cleaner tool that should help. When after installation the program asked for admin permission MY PC FROZE. I had cntrl alt delete to unfreeze my pc. Then i tried disabling and enabling my internet connection. Disabling my internet connection freezes the network and sharing app.
    I do not know what this is and there may be more problems, I do know that i cant do much at the moment because of the severe amount of problems.

Help!

:)

YouWorlds, Jul 6, 2015
  2. MartLea Win User

Start, search and task bar not working.

Looks like another fault with W10 which if anything like the long term bugs/defects with WP8.1 will never be addressed or fixed by the current MSFT bods. I have almost given up trying to resolve the many many event errors, some of which have been around
    in Windows since W95 or earlier! MSFT don't give damn for non enterprise customers it would seem.

MartLea, Jul 6, 2015
  3. Start, search and task bar not working.

Lots of errors like the following in Application Windows Log:

Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy!App failed with error: The app didn't start. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

shane_aspirence, Jul 6, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Why are you still using 10130? 10162 is the latest (probably 10172 today or tomorrow).

Mystere, Jul 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Task Manager broken, search bar not working and more - Similar Threads - Task Manager broken

2. More custom layout on Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    More custom layout on Task Bar: I use to put the Task Bar on the left of the desktop and strech it wider to see program titles on Task Bar. With a wider Task Bar, it can save more vertical space for program positions with more custom layout. (1) Custom date time. Now it is time then day of the week then...
  3. Internet search not working from the search task bar

Internet search not working from the search task bar: Hi, internet search is not working when I ask a question in the task bar from windows. It was working before but not cannot search anything. Could you tell me how can I fix this please? (Please open my attachment.)[ATTACH]...
  4. Task manager is broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager is broken: I think Windows Task manager is broken. It always seas that my Cpu Ussage is 100%. i tried this on other computers too and it was the same there. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-is-broken/45c3ab77-0b84-4c07-8fa9-ddedc4da5533
  5. task manager, task bar and windows key aren't working

task manager, task bar and windows key aren't working: Task manager, task bar and windows key have all stopped. Nothing in community forum helping... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-task-bar-and-windows-key-arent/c356945d-5402-4059-8b40-74b5dd01379d
  6. Searching through the task bar does not work

in Cortana
    Searching through the task bar does not work: Recently for an unknown reason, I've started to notice that when i click the windows home button or click on the Cortana search bar and type a few letters to search a file, it freezes and i can't search anything as it doesn't work. This isn't a major issue, but i cant fine...
  7. Windows start menu, task manager and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Windows start menu, task manager and task bar not working: Hello, I got a new lenovo idea centre and it worked find the first day, then on the 2nd day the start menu wouldn't open, the task bar does not work and things like the control panel do not open! I keep getting the error C:\\windows\system32\ptionalfeatures.exe. This...
  8. Task bar not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar not working.: I’m having issues with windows taskbar on the lenovo legion y530. I can’t open applications or the start menu. Some applications come up as class not registered. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-working/d4d3815a-efa0-430f-b003-ab35db743231
  9. Restoring search bar in task bar.

Restoring search bar in task bar.: This option does not present itself: Right click the taskbar>Cortana>Show search box I can however, click the windows icon button and start typing to bring the search box up. However, I would like for it to come up on the task bar because that's what it does at work, and I...
  10. File manager is broken. Says 'working on it' Green bar, no files.

in Windows 10 Support
    File manager is broken. Says 'working on it' Green bar, no files.: Wife says she has to walk away and leave it, and it may eventually show files. It does not list any directories at all on the left pane. So how to fix, and if not fixable, is there an alternate file manager? 93159