Windows 10: Task Manager broken, search bar not working and more

Discus and support Task Manager broken, search bar not working and more in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello, I have been using windows 10 Insider Preview build 10130 for a few weeks now and everything worked fine except for a few beta bugs. Though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by YouWorlds, Jul 6, 2015.

1. YouWorlds Win User

Task Manager broken, search bar not working and more

hello,

I have been using windows 10 Insider Preview build 10130 for a few weeks now and everything worked fine except for a few beta bugs.
    Though today when i started up my pc and opened google chrome, it refused to load any page. Project Spartan does work and any game does connect. When i run incognito MOST pages work too. So i tried logging out and back in but my pc froze when logging back in and i had to restart. The problem of google chrome not loading was still NOT fixed. So i wanted to open Task Manager, my windows refused to open task manager. Then i tried searching Spartan in my search bar to search for solutions. My search bar DOES NOT load ANYTHING. so i opened spartan via file explorer and found a CC cleaner tool that should help. When after installation the program asked for admin permission MY PC FROZE. I had cntrl alt delete to unfreeze my pc. Then i tried disabling and enabling my internet connection. Disabling my internet connection freezes the network and sharing app.
    I do not know what this is and there may be more problems, I do know that i cant do much at the moment because of the severe amount of problems.

Help!

:)

YouWorlds, Jul 6, 2015
  2. MartLea Win User

Start, search and task bar not working.

Looks like another fault with W10 which if anything like the long term bugs/defects with WP8.1 will never be addressed or fixed by the current MSFT bods. I have almost given up trying to resolve the many many event errors, some of which have been around
    in Windows since W95 or earlier! MSFT don't give damn for non enterprise customers it would seem.

MartLea, Jul 6, 2015
  3. Start, search and task bar not working.

Lots of errors like the following in Application Windows Log:

Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy!App failed with error: The app didn't start. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

shane_aspirence, Jul 6, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Why are you still using 10130? 10162 is the latest (probably 10172 today or tomorrow).

Mystere, Jul 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Task Manager broken, search bar not working and more - Similar Threads - Task Manager broken

2. Search bar not working any more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar not working any more: After renaming administrator account, login with the new name in the system, the search bar doesn't work anymore. How can a rename the administrator built-in account without this issue?...
  3. Search bar not working any more

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar not working any more: After renaming administrator account, login with the new name in the system, the search bar doesn't work anymore. How can a rename the administrator built-in account without this issue?...
  4. Task bar search is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar search is not working: In Windows 10 taskbar, the search option is not working, in fact, I am unable to type. I have tried many options to repair it but nothing worked. Please help....
  5. Task bar search is not working

Task bar search is not working: In Windows 10 taskbar, the search option is not working, in fact, I am unable to type. I have tried many options to repair it but nothing worked. Please help....
  6. Task bar search is not working

in Cortana
  7. The task bar is broken

The task bar is broken: Hey, what's up with the windows 11 taskbar.It doesn't show any apps,the search bar or the windows button. It's just blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-task-bar-is-broken/8788eef7-b2b2-4aba-8718-cf4744163ae7
  8. The task bar is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The task bar is broken: Hey, what's up with the windows 11 taskbar.It doesn't show any apps,the search bar or the windows button. It's just blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-task-bar-is-broken/8788eef7-b2b2-4aba-8718-cf4744163ae7
  9. Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working: Hi, The Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working, I've tried every possible solution I could find online and nothing works, any suggestions? Even after the latest update on 15/07/20 the issue was still not resolved, I have been having this issue on and off after...
  10. Search on Task Bar Broken

in Cortana
    Search on Task Bar Broken: So I see this is becoming a common problem, and I can safely say I've tried almost everything to fix it. The problem is I can type into the search on the task bar, but all that I see is a grey box with no results, which makes finding my fav programs very tough indeed....