Windows 10: Task Manager freezes when i go to "Details" tab as well as closing it

Discus and support Task Manager freezes when i go to "Details" tab as well as closing it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Here's the video demonstration: task manager freezes - vidme Here are my installed applications, it might be helpful: my installed applications -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Xentreali, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Xentreali Win User

Task Manager freezes when i go to "Details" tab as well as closing it

Here's the video demonstration: task manager freezes - vidme
    Here are my installed applications, it might be helpful: my installed applications - Album on Imgur

Good day, everyone. I'd been having this problem since the day after I reinstalled windows on my PC. FYI, I've updated my os as well, thinking this would fix the problem, but it didn't. Here are the things that I've tried so far:

• chkdsk /f
    • update windows
    • sfc /scannow

I've been looking forward to fixing this problem. It's very annoying. Thank you very much!

:)

Xentreali, Dec 22, 2016
  2. TomokoM Win User

Error Code 00XB10999

It worked!

It was DV.exe (x32) and I removed after located its folder from the task manager and ended the task.

Thanks so much!!

TomokoM, Dec 22, 2016
  3. Mystery app preventing Windows 10 shutdown after update.

Thanks for your reply. That's the thing. It just says "This app", but does not name the app (no clicking or hovering gives a clue). When I go to the task manager, the only app listed that is running is the task manager.

What I am saying is that since XP, occasionally you could get an app running when restarting or logging off and would be prompted to wait for it to close or force it closed to continue to log off or restart. It is no big deal really as long as you can force
    it to shut down.

seahawks65, Dec 22, 2016
  4. Task Manager freezes when i go to "Details" tab as well as closing it

Lets try a quick diagnostic. Can you do a clean boot and when you do it does the task manager behavior persist. (Clean boot- non of your apps)

Caledon Ken, Dec 22, 2016
  5. Xentreali Win User
    I did what you said. I found out that it only happens when I tether my phone to my PC. Is there a fix to this?

Xentreali, Dec 22, 2016
  6. Great. Progress. While it is likely not a phone specific issue would you mind sharing make and model. Professor Google always gives better answers with better questions.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Task Manager freezes when i go to "Details" tab as well as closing it

1. Task Manager freezes when i go to "Details" tab as well as closing it - Similar Threads - Task Manager freezes

2. Win11 Task Manager crashes when closing Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Task Manager crashes when closing Task Manager: GDay All,I have an issue with Task Manager. Whenever I try to close Task Manager it hangs and will not close. Clicking on the close button several times will eventually show the 'not responding' message and it will then pop up a dialogue allowing you to close the program or...
  3. Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager: Hi guys,Windows 11 user here. Whenever I am inside the details tab of task manager, I cannot right click on any application for example, to set its priority/affinity. This is because the second I hit right click, task manager instantly crashes.I really need help to get this...
  4. Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager

Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager: Hi guys,Windows 11 user here. Whenever I am inside the details tab of task manager, I cannot right click on any application for example, to set its priority/affinity. This is because the second I hit right click, task manager instantly crashes.I really need help to get this...
  5. Task manager not going away when I alt tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager not going away when I alt tab: HeySo whenever I alt-tab out of task manager the other app opens Because I see its highlited in the taskbar and task manager kind of greys out But task manager is still there and it doesnt disappear. This only happens in task manager other apps work fine when I alt tab....
  6. Task manager not going away when I alt tab

Task manager not going away when I alt tab: HeySo whenever I alt-tab out of task manager the other app opens Because I see its highlited in the taskbar and task manager kind of greys out But task manager is still there and it doesnt disappear. This only happens in task manager other apps work fine when I alt tab....
  7. Task manager crashes after clicking "details" tab!

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager crashes after clicking "details" tab!: Hello guys, I have been having this strange problem lately. When I open task manager and move to "details" tab, the manager crashes. I have tried running it safe mode. Didn't work. Antivirus didn't help either. Those are the some things I have tried to fix it. I have read...
  8. Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab: Hi guys, I have a very weird problem with Windows 10. I use the task manager a lot, and with Windows 10, I have this problem that at some unknown point, when I run task manager, it's begin displayed in a weird way, only displaying the "Details" tab. I don't know what's...
  9. Windows 10 - task manager - details tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - task manager - details tab: hello, i have a lot going on in the 'details' tab in my task manager, i was wondering what a standard details tab list for windows 10 would look like so i can narrow down which processes i don't need. 58238
  10. How To Select The 'Details' Tab Initially In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Select The 'Details' Tab Initially In Task Manager: Hello, so the topic title is pretty much self explanatory. When I open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), it opens to the Processes tab initially. The thing is that I don't use this tab at all; I click on the Details tab, since I'm more familiar with that. I would like to...