Windows 10: Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?

Discus and support Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hey guys, Google Chrome just crashed and rebooted itself, but it's not showing up in Task Manager so I'm unable to "End process" it like I normally do... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by NiceAndShy, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?

Hey guys,

Google Chrome just crashed and rebooted itself, but it's not showing up in Task Manager so I'm unable to "End process" it like I normally do in Task Manager.

I've never had this problem before...

Thanks!

:)

NiceAndShy, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Aug 13, 2018
  3. google chrome & task manager issues

hi,

i have seen this issue in many threads, but not a single one of them provide a solution?? with so many people experiancing the same exact errors why do microsoft respond to the posts with the generic restart your machine, uninstall and reinstall the programme
    blah blah we are not going to the trouble of searching microsoft forums because we failed to try the basics!

this thread exactly descripes the issues that i have

I have this strange issue where, after I've used Chrome for a while and then I close the session, I try to reopen Chrome and nothing happens. It just won't launch. So I decided to take a look under the Task Manager processes and guess what... Task Manager
    wouldn't open either. I tried right clicking from the taskbar to open the Task Manager, tried with CTRL+ALT+DEL but it just won't respond. Then I decided to restart the computer and it just got stuck on the "Restarting" Windows screen.

This happens as a chain of events starting with Chrome and I have no idea what's causing it or how to fix it but it gets annoying. Also why would Task Manager not be able to open?

I'm running the latest version of Chrome, Windows 10, computer is clean of malware etc.

copied this as it is step by step exactly what my computer does, many people have commented that they too have the exact chain of events! it is not as easy as uninstall then reinstall it is an ongoing issue that represents itself within days of any temp
    fix like restarting machine or reinstalling programmes. please can this issue be addressed as i use my computer for work, i use google chrome for work and it really is a massive issue for me when it starts playing up Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up? :(

VikkiCraig, Aug 13, 2018
  4. KHL
    khl Win User

Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?

Google Chrome does not respond

This is a problem with Chrome Version 65.0.3325.162 (Official Build) (64-bit) running under Windows 10 64 bit.

When I start Chrome, nothing happens. From time to time, a "page unresponsive" dialogue box appears.

Chrome's task manager shows a CPU load of around 27%, but nothing happens for several minutes.

The following has been done with no impact: clearing browsing data, running the Chrome cleanup tool and clearing all browser extensions. Again, all this has been done and nothing has helped.

Hardware acceleration also has been turned off.

Updating Chrome has not helped.

The troubleshooting steps are the ones typically suggested by Google support. None had any impact.

A posting in Google's forum led to in uninstall suggestion that did not work.

Trying 32-bit Chrome did not work.

--- ---
    WAS A REPLY HELPFUL? If so, please click the link to the discussion below, mark it a best answer (ribbon icon), and reply to say thanks.

Thema:

Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?

1. Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up? - Similar Threads - Task Manager Google

2. Task Manager shows "18" behind Google Chrome with only three tab open. Is this normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager shows "18" behind Google Chrome with only three tab open. Is this normal?: when I came to the task manager, it said "Google Chrome 18" but I only opened 3 tabs and sometimes one crashed. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-shows-18-behind-google-chrome-with/5b6c9e2e-5687-40f0-b2e7-fdf35f127c59
  3. Task Manager shows "18" behind Google Chrome with only three tab open. Is this normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager shows "18" behind Google Chrome with only three tab open. Is this normal?: when I came to the task manager, it said "Google Chrome 18" but I only opened 3 tabs and sometimes one crashed. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-shows-18-behind-google-chrome-with/5b6c9e2e-5687-40f0-b2e7-fdf35f127c59
  4. Google Chrome appears in Task Manager even before opening it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome appears in Task Manager even before opening it.: As you've read the subject, Google Chrome appears in Task manager whenever I turn on the pc. I have to "end task" it every time. Sometimes I forget to close it, then my CPU heats up, makes sound... I know it happens when we use more RAM. I don't even use Google Chrome that...
  5. Google Chrome appears in Task Manager even before opening it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome appears in Task Manager even before opening it.: As you've read the subject, Google Chrome appears in Task manager whenever I turn on the pc. I have to "end task" it every time. Sometimes I forget to close it, then my CPU heats up, makes sound... I know it happens when we use more RAM. I don't even use Google Chrome that...
  6. Google Chrome appears in Task Manager even before opening it.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?: Hey guys, Google Chrome just crashed and rebooted itself, but it's not showing up in Task Manager so I'm unable to "End process" it like I normally do in Task Manager. I've never had this problem before... Thanks! 115926
  8. Why is google chrome showing up in win10 notifications ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is google chrome showing up in win10 notifications ?: Why is google chrome showing up in win10 notifications ? As stated above, chrome notifications now sent to win10 notifications, no user changes and 90% of the notifications do not work. Chrome is up to date and I do not use a cell phone....
  9. Collecting all the Google Chromes in Windows Task Manager

in Browsers and Email
    Collecting all the Google Chromes in Windows Task Manager: Without using the word 'edge' can anyone advise whether it's possible to collect all the "Google Chrome" instances in the Windows Task Manager into one instance showing the combined resource usage? It's not very helpful to have so many processes flitting around while I try to...
  10. Password Manager in Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Password Manager in Google Chrome: Hello, Chrome browser stores my passwords in the "Password manager". However, some sites ask me annually or half-annually to change the password. But it is not replaced in the "Password Manager", it keeps the old password, and when I try to open that site, the old password...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google chrome not showing up in task manager