Windows 10: Task manager or any system exe is not supported.

Discus and support Task manager or any system exe is not supported. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I have been facing this issue for a while, I cannot open task manager or run any application as an administrator. I tried searching a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeepakOmase, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Task manager or any system exe is not supported.

Hi all,

I have been facing this issue for a while, I cannot open task manager or run any application as an administrator. I tried searching a solution but it involved sfc scan on cmd as an administrator. Finally, I decided to reset my PC and start new. Just finished resetting my computer and the problem still persists. Not sure what is wrong. The error message I get is "The request is not support". Thought resetting PC would fix it but it didn't. I was able to open task manager a while ago.

Please help.

Thank you.

:)

DeepakOmase, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Alden Rey Win User

System Restore Error 0x800700AA and Task Manager

Thank you for your response. Some of the common symptoms of (0x800700aa) are unfinished installation of Windows application, virus infections, inaccruate registry entries, corrupt system files, incompatible or outdated software or hardware, unfinished uninstalling
    of some files, clashes between the automatic update error and the computer, installing of some corrupt or infectious apps or files, etc. In this case, we suggest to run a clean boot on your computer. Kindly follow the steps provided by
    Stephanie Sal on this
    link

Regarding about the Task Manager concern. Malware may prevent opening of Task Manager. So you may want to clear your computer junk files and then run a full or deep scan with your antivirus or security software or Microsoft Security Essentials. If you're
    done running those tests. We suggest to run DISM and SFC. By doing so, the task will scan for changed or misplaced files. If sfc discovers that a protected file has been overwritten or corrupted, it retrieves the correct version of the file folder, and then
    replaces the incorrect file. Kindly follow the steps below to perform the task:

Run DISM and SFC

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task.
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges” .
      • Type CMD.
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • If neither command shows a good result, go to Reset your PC.

If none of the above options work, review the different recovery options available in Windows 10. The
    “Keep my files” option should work – Reset your PC > Option > Keep my files.

If you're unwilling to reset the PC, you can try uninstalling the antivirus software, and do an in-place reinstall.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Aug 4, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    OVER 160 RunDll32.exe in TASK MANAGER !

Have you got lots of Rundll32.exe or svchost.exe processes running, or both?

On a normal Windows 10 system, you should not have any Rundll32.exe processes running at all. Check your startup apps the see what is causing this:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together to open Task Manager, click on the Startup Tab and see if there are any entries that are starting under rundll32, if there are, disable them
    • Press WIndows + R keys together to open the run dialog, type msconfig and hit enter. Click on the services tab and check the box marked 'Hide all Microsoft Services'. Then scroll through the list of services looking for rundll32 entries, if you find any,
      uncheck them and reboot

With regards to svchost, i have noticed a huge increase in the number of these processes since the Creators Upgrade - I have 77 currently running on my system. They all are using 0% processor and HDD and on average about 1MB - 2MB, though this number does
    seem excessive . . .

DaveM121, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Task manager or any system exe is not supported.

What is the process Umonit64.exe in Task Manager

what is this Umonit64.exe in task manager I cant get it to go away or see what it is...ty when I reboot in safe mode with networking I am unable to access edge to get to Microsoft safety scanner, not sure if this Umonit64.exe has anything to do with it...ty

Umonit64.exe why and what is it in task manager start up....ty- Original Title

Richard Shane, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Task manager or any system exe is not supported.

1. Task manager or any system exe is not supported. - Similar Threads - Task manager system

2. System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU: Hello,Since yesterday, I observed that my laptop, started getting louder and hotter when idle 71°, previously had been 49-50°. Checked the usage of my pc and realized that the "System" task, is constantly performing a 10% and above, thus making my computer like that. That...
  3. System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU: Hello,Since yesterday, I observed that my laptop, started getting louder and hotter when idle 71°, previously had been 49-50°. Checked the usage of my pc and realized that the "System" task, is constantly performing a 10% and above, thus making my computer like that. That...
  4. "System" in task manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System" in task manager.: I just want to ask if the "system" in task manager using 6-9% is normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-in-task-manager/be286a84-8432-4e67-aaf1-ba032ff85ef7
  5. "System" in task manager.

"System" in task manager.: I just want to ask if the "system" in task manager using 6-9% is normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-in-task-manager/be286a84-8432-4e67-aaf1-ba032ff85ef7
  6. "System" in task manager.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. 100% system task manager usage

100% system task manager usage: After I had to do a force restart, Windows 11 started up and the taskbar was empty, except for the overflow icons. I can open the file explorer, but it was reverting to a Windows 10 style, and the alt tab menu is the same one that appears when file explorer is ended and needs...
  8. OVER 20 RunDll32.exe and svchost.exe in TASK MANAGER !

OVER 20 RunDll32.exe and svchost.exe in TASK MANAGER !: There are so many RunDLL32.exe and svchost.exe in task manager, which slows down the system and even startup and restarts take much time. Help me out. Below is the screen shot from Process Explorer. [ATTACH] Here is the screen shot of startup of task manager sorted using...
  9. OVER 20 RunDll32.exe in TASK MANAGER !

OVER 20 RunDll32.exe in TASK MANAGER !: There are so many RunDLL32.exe in task manager, which slows down the system and even startup and restarts take much time. Help me out. Below is the screen shot from Process Explorer. [ATTACH] Here is the screen shot of startup of task manager sorted using status....
  10. Unusual application address in task manager for sttray64.exe

Unusual application address in task manager for sttray64.exe: I am trying to repair my Win 10, that newly became so slow, in Chrome browsing and startup, by limiting unnecessary startup programs. I found a "Program" program and did some research about it and decided to remove it from my PC. But it could not be displayed in add/remove...