Windows 10: Task Manager says 287 MB of Memory is being used for Photos (2)

Discus and support Task Manager says 287 MB of Memory is being used for Photos (2) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Win10 is running, and I am viewing the desktop, doing nothing with photos. Task Manager says Photos (2) is using 287MB of memory. Nothing is listed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jim8080, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Jim8080 Win User

Task Manager says 287 MB of Memory is being used for Photos (2)

Win10 is running, and I am viewing the desktop, doing nothing with photos. Task Manager says Photos (2) is using 287MB of memory. Nothing is listed in the bottom list (File Explorer, Word, IE, etc.) that appears to be associated with photos except possibly Windows Media Player. Is this usage too high?

Why do I have Photos (2) instead of Photos?

Thanks, Jim

:)

Jim8080, Mar 3, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

Task Manager using 162.7 MB of memory. Is this normal?

Hi Dave,

If a process in Task Manager is taking up a lot of resources on your computer, it could be that a component of that process is overworking, or that there are software conflicts within your system. Before we proceed with troubleshooting, we would like to
    clarify if you are using an Insider build. If yes, can you tell us the exact build that you are running?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Mar 3, 2018
  3. Task Manager using 162.7 MB of memory. Is this normal?

The Registry seems to be the top memory user when no programs are running.

I have never seen this prior to the latest Insider Update.

Is the Registry supposed to be using that much memory?

Thanks.

DaveSpielman, Mar 3, 2018
  4. Helmut Win User

Nothing wrong, that's roughly what Photos App uses, depends a lot on what you are doing, some feature are linked to that. The (2) is just 2 processes running.
    You probably need to attend to Settings > Background apps, basically switch them all off, there is about 40-50, and only switch on what you use. Whilst each one is small the total might be a lot for things you don't actually use.

Helmut, Mar 3, 2018
  5. Mystere Win User
    The (2) means there are two child processes. There is a little arrow on the left that you can expand it should show them.

The app is running, and if you're not doing anything with photos, you can probably end the task.

Mystere, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Task Manager says 287 MB of Memory is being used for Photos (2) - Similar Threads - Task Manager says

2. I have 2 gb hardware reserve in bios but it only show 148 mb in task manager memory...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 gb hardware reserve in bios but it only show 148 mb in task manager memory...: For gaming i made hardware reserve 2 gb in bios settings but when i checked it on task manager memory management it only show 148 mb ? How to fix this...
  3. I have 2 gb hardware reserve in bios but it only show 148 mb in task manager memory...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 2 gb hardware reserve in bios but it only show 148 mb in task manager memory...: For gaming i made hardware reserve 2 gb in bios settings but when i checked it on task manager memory management it only show 148 mb ? How to fix this...
  4. Task Manager Shows Unused Device Using Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Shows Unused Device Using Memory: I have a Microsoft Display Adapter connected to my Blu-ray player. When I open my Windows 10 task manager, it is shown as being an app in use even though I am not connected to it at the time. Nor is the Blu-ray player on, but it still shows memory being used by the adaptor. I...
  5. Task Manager Shows Unused Device Using Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Shows Unused Device Using Memory: I have a Microsoft Display Adapter connected to my Blu-ray player. When I open my Windows 10 task manager, it is shown as being an app in use even though I am not connected to it at the time. Nor is the Blu-ray player on, but it still shows memory being used by the adaptor. I...
  6. Task Manager Shows Unused Device Using Memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Antimalware Service Executable at 287 MB and 25.5% ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable at 287 MB and 25.5% ?: ??* Original title: why is it happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-at-287-mb-and-255/d7c91e21-0673-4f20-aca7-da7eac8bad0a
  8. High CPU use is being disguised in Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High CPU use is being disguised in Task Manager: My best guess is that some malware is using about 50% of my CPU. When I launched Task Manager, I tried disabling the process that was listed as using the most, but on re-opening Task Manager I found that some other process was reporting insanely high CPU use. I went through...
  9. Computer being slow. Task manager says half of RAM in active use.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer being slow. Task manager says half of RAM in active use.: Good morning/afternoon/evening all, For the past week or so my laptop (Dell Inpiron 15 3545) has been very slow in opening/running any application. The first thing I did was check task manager, which reported that half of my RAM (3.9/7.9 GB) was in active use by some...
  10. All of my memory being used? Says 800 mb while i have 12 gigs.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    All of my memory being used? Says 800 mb while i have 12 gigs.: Hello guys, I'm new to this forum though i wanted to ask something. So it tells me that 800 mb of my memory is being used, while i have 12 gig on the graph it shows fully used + pc is being really slow because of it. Does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. in task manager it says photos 300 mb