Windows 10: Task Manager shows two Wi-Fi connections in Preformance Tab

Discus and support Task Manager shows two Wi-Fi connections in Preformance Tab in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently noted that task manager shows two Wi-Fi connections. One is my Wi-Fi router and second is is showing Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Subash Baskaran, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Task Manager shows two Wi-Fi connections in Preformance Tab

Hi all,

I recently noted that task manager shows two Wi-Fi connections. One is my Wi-Fi router and second is is showing Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2. Why it is showing like this? and for what purpose it is showing? any help would be better.

Task Manager shows two Wi-Fi connections in Preformance Tab 61c5a785-9580-4c37-90c4-d72062e06bb9?upload=true.jpg

:)

Subash Baskaran, Aug 16, 2018

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

• Launch Control Panel.
    • Click "Network and Internet."
    • Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    • Click "Wi-Fi...."
    • Click "Wireless Properties."
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Check "Show characters."
    • Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Amadeus51 Win User
    No wi-fi connection

I found the restore points and went back to last month, when the Wi-Fi was still working. I reconnected the router. The control panel says the connection is secure and connected when I tried to get online via wireless rather than DSL, but the icon on the bottom is still the DSL one. Do I have to disconnect the DSL cable in order to use the Wi-Fi or does it matter? The control panel lists both internet connections.

Amadeus51, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Alzbitz Win User

Task Manager shows two Wi-Fi connections in Preformance Tab

No wi fi connection

Cannot open wi fi on my sony vaio. Laptop recently updated and now shows wi fi as switched off. Have tried all network connections but cannot find a way to switch wi fi on. Help please

Alzbitz, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Task Manager shows two Wi-Fi connections in Preformance Tab

1. Task Manager shows two Wi-Fi connections in Preformance Tab - Similar Threads - Task Manager shows

2. Missing icon to manage Wi-Fi connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing icon to manage Wi-Fi connections: Today I opened the computer ASUS ExpertBook to put on a movie. Initially, the internet connection was weak in the lower right corner, there were only 2 lines, for wifi. I decided to stop certain applications that were running, such as utorrents, team viewer, express vpn....
  3. Wi-Fi not Showing connections!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi not Showing connections!: hello! I have installed windows 10 and trying to connect my Wi-Fi but cant, While i click the Wi-Fi its freeze and not responding or show Wi-Fi connections. I have reinstall drivers, uncheck the allow the computer to turn off this device to save power, troubleshooter tells me...
  4. Wi-Fi not Showing connections!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi not Showing connections!: hello! I have installed windows 10 and trying to connect my Wi-Fi but cant, While i click the Wi-Fi its freeze and not responding or show Wi-Fi connections. I have reinstall drivers, uncheck the allow the computer to turn off this device to save power, troubleshooter tells me...
  5. Wi-Fi not Showing connections!

6. Question about "Manage Wi-Fi connections" tab in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about "Manage Wi-Fi connections" tab in Windows 11: When I click on the taskbar corner icons on the right corner of the taskbar, this tab comes up on the top right of my screen that says; "Manage Wi-Fi connections".I'm currently using Windows 11 on a laptop, the power cord is plugged in & charging it & I'm using a wi-fi...
  7. Question about "Manage Wi-Fi connections" tab in Windows 11

Question about "Manage Wi-Fi connections" tab in Windows 11: When I click on the taskbar corner icons on the right corner of the taskbar, this tab comes up on the top right of my screen that says; "Manage Wi-Fi connections".I'm currently using Windows 11 on a laptop, the power cord is plugged in & charging it & I'm using a wi-fi...
  8. Wi-Fi Card causing task manager to not refresh.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Card causing task manager to not refresh.: Hello,A few days ago, i updated to Windows 11. Everything works fine except for the task manager. Whenever i start it, its not refreshing at all, in none of the tabs Process, Performance, details. The refresh rate is set to normal, but nothing is refreshing. Task manager...
  9. The StartUp Tab in Task Manager is only showing two files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The StartUp Tab in Task Manager is only showing two files.: Hello, I'd just like to say that I've read a similar thread to mine a few seconds ago. I have tried running SFC but it is not working. The only files showing up in the Start Up page in Task Manager, even though more programs actually launch. I'd like to disable them, but...
  10. Task manager : performance > WI FI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager : performance > WI FI: Hi. I entered in task manager>performance and there I had Wi Fi ..I don't know what I did but I deleted from there (doesent appear no more) so how I can put it back..?...