Windows 10: Task Manager Startup Flooded With Unknown Apps

Discus and support Task Manager Startup Flooded With Unknown Apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is a virus of some sort, but it's really worrying me. The Downsize and Excavations tasks are obviously unnatural, and every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by YoYo IE, Feb 22, 2018.

1. YoYo IE Win User

Task Manager Startup Flooded With Unknown Apps

I'm not sure if this is a virus of some sort, but it's really worrying me.

The Downsize and Excavations tasks are obviously unnatural, and every time I found their original file location and deleted them, a new one would pop up. Now I cant find the file location at all whatsoever.

Also the "prays" and "Program" tasks are hella sketchy as well, and unknown to me.

I've tried running Anti-Malware but it doesn't clear it at all :/

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

:)

YoYo IE, Feb 22, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Unknown Program in Task Manager - > Startup

Hi, it may or may not continue to exist after you have uninstalled another application. It is a ghost left over from a previous uninstall, if you uninstall another application in the future, it may sort out this error in the list, it may not

As long as you have disabled it ,there should be no issue, other than it still appearing in the list of Startup apps, thanks for keeping us posted

DaveM121, Feb 22, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Unknown Program in Task Manager - > Startup

Yes I have seen this before on some systems I have worked on, what causes it, I don't know, but I just disabled it and there was no adverse side effects . . . simply select it and click disable.

DaveM121, Feb 22, 2018
  4. Plankton Win User

Check your browsers for any unwanted extensions and/or add-ons. Then use Ccleaner to clear/clean all your browsers and PC from "temp' files. It's a great piece of software and highly recommended.

Plankton, Feb 22, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @YoYo IE

Which antimalware? Have you tried AdwCleaner? AdwCleaner - Free Adware Cleaner & Removal Tool

Perhaps @simrick would recognise those task names....

6. YoYo IE Win User
    Tried it, the tasks remain although I have no disabled them just to be safe.

YoYo IE, Feb 22, 2018
  7. YoYo IE Win User
    I have tried to run Malwarebytes Anti Malware. Would you recommend giving AdwCleaner a whirl as well?

YoYo IE, Feb 22, 2018
  8. Bree New Member

Hopefully one of the malware experts will be along shortly.....

9. EdTittel Win User
    Hmmm: can't find anything on Downsize or Excavations myself. You should be able to right-click those items in Task Manager and select "Search online" from the resulting pop-up menu. Can you please do that, and tell us what appears in your browser window when you do? Very interesting, but no answers so far...
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 22, 2018
  10. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    Bree is right. I would start with ADWCleaner. Get it from here -it's the latest:

Downloads - AdwCleaner - ToolsLib

I would also run RogueKiller

Download RogueKiller

and TDSSKiller

https://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/tdsskiller

Then I would make sure Malwarebytes Antimalware is up-to-date, and run a FULL scan with that. (I think you said that was already on your system - just "update" it to make sure the definitions are current.)

EDIT: Please make sure to tick the box to scan for ROOTKITS!

Report back with log files and let's see what they find.

simrick, Feb 22, 2018
  11. Callender Win User
    Just click any column heading in task manager and enable command line view. Alternatively right click any entry then choose "open file location"

Task Manager Startup Flooded With Unknown Apps [​IMG]

Let us know the file location and it might help.

Callender, Feb 23, 2018
  12. YoYo IE Win User
    Unfortunately this option is grayed out for me

YoYo IE, Feb 23, 2018
  13. YoYo IE Win User

Hey yea I tried that as well, literally nothing of interest comes up other than things to do with the literal words themselves...

EDIT: I don't know how to remove posts I accidentally sent you like 3 responses *cry

YoYo IE, Feb 23, 2018
  14. YoYo IE Win User
    Hey yea I tried that as well, literally nothing of interest comes up other than things to do with the literal words themselves...

EDIT: I don't know how to remove posts I accidentally sent you like 3 responses *cry

YoYo IE, Feb 23, 2018
  15. YoYo IE Win User
    No luck for the search, results are just related the words themselves in their literal meaning. Nothing to do with malware or software processes/programs.

YoYo IE, Feb 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Task Manager Startup Flooded With Unknown Apps - Similar Threads - Task Manager Startup

2. Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?: I just did a fresh Windows 11 installation. All of the most recent updates have been successfully installed.When I start Task Manager, I get a popup that says "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?"I thought this might be a...
  3. Problem with Startup Apps in Task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Startup Apps in Task manager: I have a problem with Startup apps in Task Manager.Now, when I open the Startup Apps, I just get the message "There are no startup items to display."I have tried everything. But maybe this is a bug in the Windows version. Help me. Thanks...
  4. Problem with Startup Apps in Task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Startup Apps in Task manager: I have a problem with Startup apps in Task Manager.Now, when I open the Startup Apps, I just get the message "There are no startup items to display."I have tried everything. But maybe this is a bug in the Windows version. Help me. Thanks...
  5. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager: Windows 11 Pro Insider Beta Channel - 22H2 Build 22623.891Hi, as per the title, startup apps are not showing in Task Manager with the message "There are no start-up items to display". All my startup apps are still auto-starting with Windows but I have no way to manage...
  6. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager: Windows 11 Pro Insider Beta Channel - 22H2 Build 22623.891Hi, as per the title, startup apps are not showing in Task Manager with the message "There are no start-up items to display". All my startup apps are still auto-starting with Windows but I have no way to manage...
  7. Some startup app in task manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some startup app in task manager: How we can remove WinHoster **** Winflow these files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/some-startup-app-in-task-manager/c29c2e26-f832-4188-85ca-c930df00f218
  8. Windows problem reporting flooding the task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows problem reporting flooding the task manager: It's quite wierd to me since it barely appeared in my task manager and when i checked task manager today it's almost full of windows error reporting and i dont know why nor if i should be scared submitted by /u/Happixdd [link] [comments]...
  9. A suspiciuos task "Windows" with unknown publisher in startup menu of task manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
    A suspiciuos task "Windows" with unknown publisher in startup menu of task manager.: [ATTACH]I just saw a task called "Windows" with an unknown publisher in startup menu as you can see in screenshot. Tell me that is it a legit task? Is it a common task in every PC?...
  10. Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs: I am using Windows 10 Home up-to-date. Just found this entry (Program) in my Task Manager-Startup Programs. It has no identification except 'Program' . On right click it doesn't show any properties or location just the enable or disable button. I have disabled it but am just...