Windows 10: Task manager--where is is?

Discus and support Task manager--where is is? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just begun using Windows 10. Prior to that, I had always--in any previous version of Windows--been able to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by deecoopatattnet, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Task manager--where is is?

I have just begun using Windows 10. Prior to that, I had always--in any previous version of Windows--been able to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to open the Task Manager wherein I was able to see a LISTof all files currently open. From that screen, I could then close whichever file(s) I chose by checking off the box beside the Filename and then selecting "End Task" button. However, now that I have begun using Windows 10, I am UN-able to figure out how to get this done. I even contacted Connectec, and even they did not have the answer--they then suggested I join the Windows Ten Forums and broadcast my question there to see if anyone out there happens to know the answer to this question. Please help me on this one! Thanks so much!

:)

deecoopatattnet, Sep 15, 2016

2. where is task manager in windows phone

Hi Gyan,

Windows Phone and iOS really don't have or need task managers like what is provided with desktop Windows. The operating system manages apps and flushes out apps that not being used. Windows Phone 8 doesn't allow background apps, except for isolated cases
    like music players. Apps can be periodically woken up by the OS, but it's not the same thing as a background process.

The Data Sense app will show cellular and Wi-Fi usage by each app, but it's not a real time monitor.

The Battery Saver app show relative CPU usage by app, but like Data Sense, it's not a real time monitor.

Having a close all apps button can actually use more battery power. When an app isn't in the foreground, the OS suspends it and keeps it in executable memory. If the foreground app needs more memory, then a suspended app will be flushed out of memory.
    If you relaunch an app that you forced closed, it now has to spend the cycles reloading from storage. You don't save anything forcing an app out of memory and you can draw more battery reloading the apps.

Windows Phone and iOS are designed for the model that you just use the device, you don't need to clean up after it. If you want to be able to monitor everything like a desktop OS, then you want Android.

Christopher Miller, Sep 15, 2016
  3. where is task manager in windows phone

First of all i love windows, <3

but

I want to ask where is task manager in windows phone :-(.

A task manager is very helpful and important app (as in windows pc).

If android and ios can provide an app similar to task manager then why not in windows phone.

I want to suggest you to build a task manager app which should show the following info

• list of all running apps
    • Info about cpu usage and Ram usage (just like in windows pc)
    • A button which says close all apps . Because i don't want to close all apps one by one
    • Processes running in background.
    • Network information (like in windows pc)
    so Microsoft, are you planning to build an like this Task manager--where is is? :) .

Waiting for your answer

Gyan Parkash, Sep 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Task manager--where is is?

Hi try CTRL + SHIFT + ESC
    or
    Windows key + X, click Task Manager
    or
    Type 'task' in the search box probably on your taskbar, click Task Manager in the results

- some different ways to launch the task manager.

dalchina, Sep 15, 2016
  5. Kryten Win User
    Right click start menu-select Task manager .You can only end task of programs not files.
    Listed under APS. RT-click programs you want to end and select end task.

Why do you need boxes to tick?

Kryten, Sep 15, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
  7. mrgeek Win User
    "ctrl + alt + del" STILL works ! If it opens the long process list, simply click at bottom (fewer details) for the open tasks view, which is what I think you're after. To close any process or task, just click it and then End ? in bottom R corner. This also has not changed from the past. If Tech Support doesn't know this, they're not worth using any more !

Task manager--where is is? [​IMG]

I prefer to r-click in blank area of taskbar which brings this menu up-

mrgeek, Sep 15, 2016
  8. Task manager--where is is?

To add to the above, once you click on More Details, choose Details tab to see processes as files.

But it is probably better to install a better task manager like Process Hacker or Process Explorer.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Task manager--where is is?

1. Task manager--where is is? - Similar Threads - Task manager where

2. Where can I get help with Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I get help with Task Manager?: Task Manager won't end tasks and freezes, making it impossible to close after I click the x in the upper right corner. Adobe Creative Cloud won't access my apps, and Adobe tech support says I must fix Task Manager before they can turn off some processes and determine what's...
  3. Where can I get help with Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I get help with Task Manager?: Task Manager won't end tasks and freezes, making it impossible to close after I click the x in the upper right corner. Adobe Creative Cloud won't access my apps, and Adobe tech support says I must fix Task Manager before they can turn off some processes and determine what's...
  4. Where is NT kernel and system in task manager?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where is NT kernel and system in task manager?: Where is NT kernel and system in task manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-nt-kernel-and-system-in-task-manager/37880274-9344-4318-ae2c-dd6b359af1f9
  5. Where is NT kernel and system in task manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is NT kernel and system in task manager?: Where is NT kernel and system in task manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-nt-kernel-and-system-in-task-manager/37880274-9344-4318-ae2c-dd6b359af1f9
  6. Where is NT kernel and system in task manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. task manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    task manager: when i open task manager. the heading firefox, lists five copies are running. there is only one that should be running. how do i remove the other four https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager/ac15ee37-c4a3-428f-97b5-784a3b7f8951
  8. task manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    task manager: when i try to open task manager it comes up with an error of "c:\WINDOWS\system32\DUI70.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error" i get the same message when i try and factory reset, delete a bluetooth device, and other stuff like that. also, i...
  9. task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    task manager: task manager will not log out of apps says operation can't be completed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/task-manager/438f0773-4953-428b-a99d-10dcbc38d79d
  10. Where is Task Manager in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is Task Manager in Windows 10?: I cannot find where the tab with Startup Section at Windows 10 Home is. I am used to Windows 7 but this Windows version has changed a lot....