Windows 10: Task Manager will get better with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update

Discus and support Task Manager will get better with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is working on next big Windows 10 update codenamed Redstone 5 and as per the rumoured release schedule, Redstone 5 is expected to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 4, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Task Manager will get better with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update

Microsoft is working on next big Windows 10 update codenamed Redstone 5 and as per the rumoured release schedule, Redstone 5 is expected to be finalized sometime in September and the public rollout would begin in October or later. Windows 10 Redstone 5 would be a big update and in addition to some major improvements for Edge, Microsoft is also improving the legacy apps and elements.

Microsoft last week released a new Windows 10 preview build 17704 for Insiders (beta testers) and the number of improvements included in this update is pretty impressive, to say the least.

You’ll see that the Task Manager app now has 2 new columns in the “Processes” tab called “Power usage” and “Power usage trend.”

Windows 10 Redstone 5 will come with slightly refined Task Manager. The update adds two new columns in the Processes tab showing power usage and power usage trend.

It’s a small change but these columns should help you better understand what apps and services are the most power hungry on your Windows 10 PC.

Task Manager will get better with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update Task-Manager-in-Windows-10.png

“This should help our customers to understand which apps/services are using the maximum power vs. the least power-hungry apps. The metric takes CPU, GPU & Disk into evaluation when calculating power usage,” Microsoft’s Dona Sarkar explains in a blog post.

Two new columns in Task Manager

• Power usage: Microsoft says that this column is supposed to provide an instantaneous view of apps and services that are using the power of your computer.
    • Power usage trend: The second column is somewhat more useful. At first glance, this column will be blank but when you start an app, this column would provide a trend based on the power usage every 2 mins.

Microsoft is still working on improvements for Task Manager and most of the changes will be implemented before late August as Microsoft needs to finalize it before the Redstone 5 update gets the go-ahead.

It’s likely that the Windows 10 Redstone 5 will be finalized sometime in September, while the public rollout would begin in October. This means Microsoft still has several months to polish the features and improvements for the operating system ahead of the fall release.

The post Task Manager will get better with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 4, 2018
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 4, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Windows 10 Task Manager to Get GPU Utilization Tab

Microsoft is working on an update to Windows 10, which among several other things, adds a GPU utilization tab to Task Manager. You will be able to monitor each individual GPU in your machine, and Task Manager will give you live utilization stats for the GPU's 3D load, Video hardware-acceleration (encode/decode) load, dedicated memory usage, shared memory usage, and basic driver information such as driver version and date. For now the update is part of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226; and will make it to the main-release in the coming months.

Task Manager will get better with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update 72c4e559f706_thm.jpg

Source: Windows Blog

btarunr, Jul 4, 2018
  4. xkm1948 Win User

Advice For People wishing to update to Windows 10 Redstone

There are Redstone images out there already.

xkm1948, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Task Manager will get better with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update - Similar Threads - Task Manager better

2. Windows Task Manager gets better Edge process classifications and new Eco mode

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Task Manager gets better Edge process classifications and new Eco mode: Microsoft released a new build to the Insider channel this week that introduced two new features to the operating system's task manager. The first introduces better process information for the company's own Microsoft Edge web browser, the second a new mode, called Eco Mode....
  3. I found a better task manager!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I found a better task manager!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/I_EatDirt123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kvfa5w/i_found_a_better_task_manager/
  4. Redstone 5 Reset option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Redstone 5 Reset option: I haven't got a solution before, so I post it again. Here are the screenshots below when I try to reset my Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] There are no more options besides these two like the previous version. My question is if I choose the second option, Remove files and...
  5. Recovery drive failed after the redstone 5 update

Recovery drive failed after the redstone 5 update: I updated my windows on 3rd Oct and was quite happy because I wasn't facing the BSOD problem but it doesn't last 1 week. My system became very slow. It is taking at least 50 sec to open any browser (Chrome, Edge, and Firefox). 5 days back it ran into BSOD, anyhow I recovered...
  6. Several Issues after updating to RedStone 5

in Windows 10 Customization
    Several Issues after updating to RedStone 5: My PC has several issues after I update it to Windows 10's latest RedStone5 update through insider program. They are making my life a hell- Cortana is starting to listen me when I say "Hey Cortana" but cannot respond to what I am saying. [I have already done many tasks...
  7. Windows 10 Redstone 5 1809 Bug:

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 1809 Bug:: My problem is that when I click the right mouse button to open the Options page, when I go to: New Crashes absurdly, and reaches the point of shutting down Explorer......
  8. A better way to manage Windows 10 updates?

A better way to manage Windows 10 updates?: I find the current method in which Microsoft pushes their updates to be unacceptable. Frankly I'm fed up with the forced updates just happening out of nowhere and I can't control them. They just download in the background, it just tells you "hey, this is going to be...
  9. Microsoft Edge gets WebP image support with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge gets WebP image support with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update: WebP is an image format developed by Google and works in web browsers like Chrome. Google’s WebP supports lossy and lossless compression and offers size reductions when compared to popular formats such as JPG and PNG. The Chromium-based browsers like Chrome, Vivaldi and...
  10. Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon: Microsoft earlier today released Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17713 to the Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring for testing. Microsoft says that this build marks a step in the process that signals the point in the development cycle where the company’s focus will be on...