Windows 10: task only wake up the computer when it fall into sleep automatically

Discus and support task only wake up the computer when it fall into sleep automatically in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I put the computer to sleep the task don't wake up. The task only manages to wake up the computer when the computer goes to sleep alone. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chok, Sep 5, 2017.

1. chok Win User

task only wake up the computer when it fall into sleep automatically

When I put the computer to sleep the task don't wake up. The task only manages to wake up the computer when the computer goes to sleep alone.
    Any idea how to solve that?

ps: I have enabled in Power option: Power Options / Change Plan Settings / Change advanced power settings / Sleep / Allow wake timers"

running powercfg /waketimers in admin cmd show the task (so windows know it should wake it up)

:)

chok, Sep 5, 2017

2. Why does WD not check for latest updates before running auto scan?

I can’t remember now whether I actually tested this, or just assumed that setting the Automatic Maintenance task to wake up the computer would have the standard effect. Normally, when a scheduled task is set to wake up the PC, this also enables it
    to override the sleep timeout setting. This is required for any task that needs to run unattended. For example, when we schedule a Full Scan, and we set it to “Wake the computer to run this task”, this automatically allows the task to override the sleep timeout
    and run to completion.

But things might not be working as expected here, and if it turns out that the “Wake the computer” option doesn’t actually override the sleep timeout for the Automatic Maintenance task, then we’ll have to issue the appropriate warnings and give the
    developers some unhappy feedback. Unfortunately, I probably won’t be able to get around to testing this for a week or two.

GreginMich, Sep 5, 2017
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Laptop wakes while lid is closed, stays on

Scrappy,

[when it comes to investigating sleep problems, everything is just a suggestion and nothing is a definitive solution]

Perhaps it has not finished what it was woken up for.

Is the wakeup always / normally at the time specified in Automatic maintenance? Try confirming this by disabling the wake from sleep option in Automatic maintenance for a few nights to check that there are no other things triggering the wakeup.

If this confirms that it is just Automatic maintenance waking the computer up then you could start looking in Task manager, Processes, Service host entries to compare normal running with what you find when it has been woken up by Automatic maintenance to
    see if it is some particular service that is stopping it sleeping.

Denis

Tryx3, Sep 5, 2017
  4. chok Win User

my bad, in power option it was not set to "enabled" but to "important wake timers only"

shame to me

chok, Sep 6, 2017
  5. chok Win User
    I had another problem after: the task wakes up the computer but got stuck in the login screen use the group policy. I solved it by adding my username into this: Code: Computer Configuration-->Policies-->Windows Settings-->Security Settings-->Local Policies-->User Rights Assignment--> allow logonlocally[/quote]

chok, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. task only wake up the computer when it fall into sleep automatically - Similar Threads - task wake computer

2. why automatically open drive when computer wake-up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why automatically open drive when computer wake-up from sleep mode: Please suggest me to move on this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-automatically-open-drive-when-computer-wake-up/3c325a88-d6ec-4e12-acc0-2ee18879daa4
  3. why automatically open drive when computer wake-up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why automatically open drive when computer wake-up from sleep mode: Please suggest me to move on this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-automatically-open-drive-when-computer-wake-up/3c325a88-d6ec-4e12-acc0-2ee18879daa4
  4. why automatically open drive when computer wake-up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Display wakes up when computer sleeps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display wakes up when computer sleeps: Hi When I put my Windows 10 desktop to sleep the display keeps waking up every 50 seconds or so even though the PC remain in sleep. After the display have been awake for about 10 seconds it turns off again. Any ideas? Kind regards Mikkel Mortensen...
  6. Play sound when computer sleeps and wakes up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Play sound when computer sleeps and wakes up?: Is there a way to have a sound play just before my computer goes to sleep, and again right after it wakes up? submitted by /u/chickenmatt5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gmi956/play_sound_when_computer_sleeps_and_wakes_up/
  7. My sleep mode wakes up automatically

My sleep mode wakes up automatically: How do you keep the computer in sleep mode until you want to wake it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sleep-mode-wakes-up-automatically/ac9fe4b8-cd01-49d3-8b2e-7df756b45e4c
  8. When the computer wakes up from sleep Only for the sleep caused by idling, It does not seem...

When the computer wakes up from sleep Only for the sleep caused by idling, It does not seem...: Sequence of events to replicate this: Let the PC idle for 30 minutes -> It goes into a sleep mode. Wake it up Either by keyboard/mouse/power button...etc At this point, clicking windows button/Trying to open task manager/Try to open any executable apps chrome, file...
  9. Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep: Hi All I have a windows 10 machine that has two issues but they both are causing the PC to freeze. The first issue is the PC will go to sleep even when set not to in the power configuration. The second issue is that the PC will not wake up so it seems once it has gone to...
  10. computer automatically wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    computer automatically wakes up from sleep: Hi. I've searched the board and found many similar problems to mine, but nothing exactly like it, and as such I haven't been able to fix it. When put in sleep mode, my computer automatically wakes up at a set time. I have disabled wake timers in the power menu, I have...