Windows 10: Task Scheduler "At startup" Causing Performance Issue

Discus and support Task Scheduler "At startup" Causing Performance Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I use Task Scheduler to launch a video (MP4) with VLC, at startup, the video stops several times, for a second or two. Am I doing something wrong,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gregyurkon, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Task Scheduler "At startup" Causing Performance Issue

When I use Task Scheduler to launch a video (MP4) with VLC, at startup, the video stops several times, for a second or two. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a problem in Windows.

:)

gregyurkon, Sep 23, 2016

2. Services

Is the startup type set to Automatic? Task Scheduler depends on System Events Broker, which should be set to "Automatic" start as well.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 23, 2016
  3. peterhoa Win User
    "officebackgroundtaskhandler.exe" occasionally opens and closes the command prompt

This is caused by a task in task scheduler (task scheduler library/microsoft/office -- "OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration" which is scheduled to run hourly. It runs the program OfficeBackgroundTaskHandler.exe". I believe this task was set up fairly
    recent (few weeks?), probably from an Office update(?) as I would have noticed the command prompt flashing before. Surely whatever it is doing can be handled in a more sophisticated way than opening an anoying command prompt.

peterhoa, Sep 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Task Scheduler "At startup" Causing Performance Issue

Hi, that depends on so many factors.
    If you use the resource monitor- assuming you can launch it soon enough- you will see a great deal of disk activity which will very much depend on what programs are being launched on startup. This it not a good time to try to play a video.

When you configure the task, consider:

Task Scheduler "At startup" Causing Performance Issue [​IMG]

- delay task

Task Scheduler "At startup" Causing Performance Issue [​IMG]

- and better, Start if idle

dalchina, Sep 23, 2016
  5. Half an hour of experimenting has led me to the conclusion that either my laptop won't idle for 1 minute or I need to learn more about Task Scheduler.

Putting a shortcut to a batch file for launching VLC worked when I tried it, so I'll just do that and use TS to launch VLC at Workstation Unlock.

gregyurkon, Sep 23, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    The key is not to start playing the video whilst your PC is launching startup programs.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Task Scheduler "At startup" Causing Performance Issue

1. Task Scheduler "At startup" Causing Performance Issue - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler startup

2. Task scheduler does not perform or run simple script or task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler does not perform or run simple script or task: I have a problem with the task scheduler that does not run simple phyton script or play mp3 or run a program when scheduling the taskI have try several options but none seems to solve the issue.thank you,thomas...
  3. Task Scheduler issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler issues: Pushbullet used to launch at Windows StartUp, but has recently stopped doing so. One of the options I have looked at, is to delay its launching. I know I can use 3rd part programs like Winpatrol, but believe that Task Scheduler can also do it. Two difficulties : Task...
  4. Scheduled task crashing system on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduled task crashing system on startup: I have a device that, once I login, after a ~30 second pause, is bombarded with countless command prompt windows, to the point where it freezes the system entirely. CTRL+ALT+DEL does nothing to stop it; the mouse doesn't even track after the process has been going for a...
  5. Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool: So im going through my pc's with a comb (you've noticed if you are following this forum lol) and i came across this. Due to the fact I have 2 entries on this pc, and 1 on my backup pc, I "think" i know what it is, but I want to make sure as I dont recall them being there in...
  6. broken ubpm.dll file causing issues with Task Scheduler Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    broken ubpm.dll file causing issues with Task Scheduler Service: Hello, this is my first post here, i just wanted to upload a broken .dll file for someone to check what was wrong with it that it caused issued with Task Scheduler Service Link to mediafire i found this file by finally opening Event Viewer and seeing all the errors...
  7. Task Scheduling issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduling issue: So for past 5+ years I been using ccleaner to to automate the cleaning of temp dir and cookies upon system start up, via task scheduler and never had problem. I recently reinstalled windows 10 with clean install or 1803 as hell marry to see if it fixed the endless drivers...
  8. Task Scheduler Issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler Issue: Hi, I'm running windows 10 and I seem to be having a problem with my task scheduler. My disks are set to 'optimise' automatically, on a weekly basis, but I noticed it was going for weeks, even months without running. My system is only about 3 months old and I suspect it's...
  9. Task Scheduler issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler issue: Been having this for some time now. I am on .14267 and for the last couple of builds I have been getting 'Task Scheduler is not available. Task Scheduler will attempt to reconnect to it'. Normally I can solve most problems but this has really baffled me and none of the...
  10. Task Scheduler at startup fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler at startup fails: Task Scheduler will not run a .bat or .vbs on startup; both were tested with Task Scheduler Run. 101817