Windows 10: Task Scheduler does not always wake the computer

Discus and support Task Scheduler does not always wake the computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'v tried just about everything, including selecting the "wake the computer" option. Hibernate or Sleep, it makes little difference. I would expect it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by socklosk, Jan 12, 2016.

1. socklosk Win User

Task Scheduler does not always wake the computer

I'v tried just about everything, including selecting the "wake the computer" option. Hibernate or Sleep, it makes little difference. I would expect it to always work or never work, but to have it just work sometimes makes troubleshooting a real pain.

:)

socklosk, Jan 12, 2016

2. Computer won't stop turning itself on!

You have a reboot scheduled at 4 am to install updates. It will always wake the computer but you can schedule it at any time you want in all settings>update and security>update>change the time.

Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 12, 2016
  3. Scheduled task does not runs correctly in Win 10

I had scheduled task with wake up and works normally about 1 year up to 9/2016 in windows 10. After this date I have problem. When I edit task, task is
    correctly scheduled, but not runs. Only the time of next schledule is changed to new time, but any run, any error in Event viewer, any history of task. I must delete it and create new. When the schedule task is news, runs OK during
    running computer, but not wake up.

I reinstall all Win 10 as new (clear) instalation and still same. New task does not wake up, edited task does not runs at all. I have in Task Scheduler “Wake the computer to run this task” and in Power Options: Sleep - enable the wake timer ....

Same situation is on second computer! Up to 9/2016 no problem, now does not wake up or runs. I think the problem is some windows update.

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

Petr Ptacek, Jan 12, 2016
Thema:

Task Scheduler does not always wake the computer

1. Task Scheduler does not always wake the computer - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler does

2. Scheduled Task will not Wake PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scheduled Task will not Wake PC: I have a process to backup my laptop to my NAS. This is scheduled to run, with Task Scheduler, as 22:30 each evening. The process used to wake the PC and run successfully on my old laptop, but fails to wake my new HP Pavilion 15-eg3016na. Instead, the process runs as soon as...
  3. Scheduled Task will not Wake PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduled Task will not Wake PC: I have a process to backup my laptop to my NAS. This is scheduled to run, with Task Scheduler, as 22:30 each evening. The process used to wake the PC and run successfully on my old laptop, but fails to wake my new HP Pavilion 15-eg3016na. Instead, the process runs as soon as...
  4. Computer does not completely wake up when a Task Scheduler event is initiated - To Turn On...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer does not completely wake up when a Task Scheduler event is initiated - To Turn On...: I set up an event in Task Scheduler that works fine as long as the computer is awake. However, that same scheduled event does not work correctly when the computer is in sleep mode. If the computer is in sleep mode before the event is scheduled to occur, at the specified...
  5. task scheduler/remote computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task scheduler/remote computer: Hi im trying to solve this issue to be able to do optimization for my Laptop nothing from the FAQ has resolved this issue can I ask Microsoft for support?...
  6. Task Scheduler DOES WHAT... ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Scheduler DOES WHAT... ?: Hello Community Members... I want to restore points on My laptop EVERY 24 hours Can I get Task Scheduler to do that ? and then to check it has ? Am sure asked the SAME THING for Windows Defender but DID - NOT work ? Why Not ? Some months ago Say at 17:00 hours...
  7. Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks: Other than going through each and every task in the task scheduler, is there a way to see those that are allowed to wake the machine while it is sleeping? My PC woke up this morning at 3:30 am. It then went back to sleep about ten minutes later. I've checked all of the normal...
  8. Scheduled Task not waking up PC.

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduled Task not waking up PC.: Hello, I have made a scheduled task with the option to wake up the pc from sleep state to run a program. When I tick the option Wake the computer to run this task the computer won't wake up at the given time. I have red in a forum of MS that this was a problem in the...
  9. Scheduled task keeps waking my computer (rempl)

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduled task keeps waking my computer (rempl): Hi, I have recently had an issue with my computer for the last few months, where it will turn on from sleep in the morning while I am at work, and remain on the entire day until I return home. I though I had solved it before, but I was clearly mistaken. Here is what my...
  10. Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler)

in Windows 10 Support
    Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler): HiI have tried using windows task scheduler to sleep and wake up at different times but it does not work. I am using a Linx 1010 tablet. Windows 10Would anyone know if there any third party app, or any other way to do this task?Many thanks 92480

Users found this page by searching for:

1. auto hibernate windows 10 schledule task