Windows 10: Task Scheduler doesn't run program

Discus and support Task Scheduler doesn't run program in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm running a task schedule to run a program at a certain time. It worked great in windows 7 but since I upgraded to 10 nothing happens when the task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sxcd1, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Sxcd1 Win User

Task Scheduler doesn't run program

I'm running a task schedule to run a program at a certain time. It worked great in windows 7 but since I upgraded to 10 nothing happens when the task is run. I've run SFC and Dism see below and no problems found.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

No component store corruption detected.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Here an XML file of the task scheduler
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
    <Task version="1.2" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2004/02/mit/task">
    <RegistrationInfo>
    <Date>2015-02-24T08:05:46.7594646</Date>
    <Author>\1</Author>
    <URI>\Start</URI>
    </RegistrationInfo>
    <Triggers>
    <TimeTrigger>
    <StartBoundary>2016-01-11T12:00:00</StartBoundary>
    <Enabled>true</Enabled>
    </TimeTrigger>
    </Triggers>
    <Principals>
    <Principal id="Author">
    <UserId>S-1-5-21-138512411-977147251-668013927-1004</UserId>
    <LogonType>InteractiveToken</LogonType>
    <RunLevel>LeastPrivilege</RunLevel>
    </Principal>
    </Principals>
    <Settings>
    <MultipleInstancesPolicy>IgnoreNew</MultipleInstancesPolicy>
    <DisallowStartIfOnBatteries>true</DisallowStartIfOnBatteries>
    <StopIfGoingOnBatteries>true</StopIfGoingOnBatteries>
    <AllowHardTerminate>true</AllowHardTerminate>
    <StartWhenAvailable>false</StartWhenAvailable>
    <RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable>false</RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable>
    <IdleSettings>
    <StopOnIdleEnd>true</StopOnIdleEnd>
    <RestartOnIdle>false</RestartOnIdle>
    </IdleSettings>
    <AllowStartOnDemand>true</AllowStartOnDemand>
    <Enabled>true</Enabled>
    <Hidden>false</Hidden>
    <RunOnlyIfIdle>false</RunOnlyIfIdle>
    <WakeToRun>false</WakeToRun>
    <ExecutionTimeLimit>PT72H</ExecutionTimeLimit>
    <Priority>7</Priority>
    </Settings>
    <Actions Context="Author">
    <Exec>
    <Command>"C:\Program Files (x86)\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio 8\CamRecorder.exe"</Command>
    <Arguments>/record</Arguments>
    </Exec>
    </Actions>
    </Task>

:)

Sxcd1, Jan 13, 2016
  2. Teemosan Win User

Scheduled task is not showing up in Task Scheduler and not running as scheduled - Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 v. 1607 (OS Build 14393.351) on a desktop computer

I created a task in Task Scheduler, and it allowed me to create the task, which was to run a program. . I set it to run 'At startup' delayed 1 minute. I set it to 'Run with highest privileges' Configured for Windows 10. I set it to allow running on demand.
    When I rebooted my computer the program didn't start.

When I went back to Task Scheduler and looked in the Task Scheduler Library the entry wasn't there. I refreshed the list and it still didn't show. I moved back up to the main Task Scheduler directory and the summary of current tasks (79 items). The task
    didn't show up there either. I refreshed both lists and it still didn't show.

I thought maybe it hadn't been created so I tried to create it again. When I got to the end of creating it I got the error message:

"An error has occurred for task Launch 'Program Name'. Error message: A task or folder with this name already exists"

So it says it exists, but as mentioned it doesn't run at startup, and doesn't show on the list. I can still run the program on demand no problem.

I tried creating it again, both as a full Task and a Basic Task. Each time I get the error message:

"An error has occurred for task Launch 'Program Name'. Error message: A task or folder with this name already exists"

How can I find where the program task is in Task Scheduler and why isn't it showing up?

Teemosan, Jan 13, 2016
  3. 145 I. Q. Win User
    task scheduler

Okay, so everyone that replied to my question says it is a problem with the way I schedule a task. When I look at the task scheduler task status (the box below the box that says overview of task scheduler), I need to ask how to schedule these 3 items. .NETFramework
    NGEN v4.0.30319 Analyze System

e544d6d7-55b7-4c00-9503-688894d45eaf

These and others are Windows system-critical task. That box shows that they are not started.

Task Status

status of task started in the following time period last hour

last 24 hours

last 7 days

last 30 days

Summary: # total # running, # succeeded, # stopped, #failed

I know how to schedule a task but it the TASK SCHEDULER is not operating correctly they will not run, I see McAfee in the all running task window but started and run duration both say unavailable.

The problem is not with the items but the program that holds and monitors the items activities.

I'm running out of ways to say it doesn't matter that the car has gas the crankshaft sensor is broken

145 I. Q., Jan 13, 2016
  4. Sxcd1 Win User

I'm noticing the error that the requested operation requires elevation. How do I fix that?

Sxcd1, Jan 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Task Scheduler doesn't run program - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler doesn't

2. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  3. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  4. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task Scheduler running a program minimized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler running a program minimized.: I have seen a lot of people asking the question about running a program minimized in Task Scheduler.Nobody seemed to have had an answer.This worked for me.......
  6. Task Scheduler running a program minimized.

Task Scheduler running a program minimized.: I have seen a lot of people asking the question about running a program minimized in Task Scheduler.Nobody seemed to have had an answer.This worked for me.......
  7. Task Scheduler Not Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Not Running: I've already tried and a lot of solutions for this but sadly I still don't have a solution. I've also tried these steps in this link (https://computerstepbystep.com/task_scheduler_service.html), still no luck What happened is I'm trying to update my GeForce Experience but I...
  8. Task Scheduler doesn't run script

Task Scheduler doesn't run script: Hey Microsoft Community, I'm trying to create a task in Task Scheduler that runs a specific script. The issue is that when the task runs (whether I do it manually or if it's scheduled), the script doesn't actually get executed. I know that the script works, and I have tried...
  9. How to run a program in task scheduler?

How to run a program in task scheduler?: I have installed Speedfan and it won't run at the windows startup, so I tried to schedule it in task scheduler, I am not familiar with using it and wondered if there is a guide for W10 64 anywhere or if anyone can tell me how? Many thanks in advance! John. 13863
  10. Task Scheduler not running programs...

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler not running programs...: Hello Guys, I have a Windows 10 Laptop. Tried using Task Scheduler to automatically run Good Sync program on a predefined schedule. However, it fails to run the program. My user account has administrative priviledges. Thanks for your replies. 37970

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Task Scheduler Summary (Last refreshed: 21/05/2020 8:05:40 PM)

2. windows task scheduler task shows as completed successfully but nothing happened

3. task scheduler doesnt recognize program

4. task scheduler doesnt execute program