Windows 10: Task Scheduler Errors - SPP & other scheduled tasks

Discus and support Task Scheduler Errors - SPP & other scheduled tasks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Been noticing a number of errors when I open task scheduler for e.g. SVC Restart Task - The task XML contains a value that is incorrectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Beaupeep, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Beaupeep Win User

Task Scheduler Errors - SPP & other scheduled tasks

Hi,

Been noticing a number of errors when I open task scheduler for e.g. SVC Restart Task - The task XML contains a value that is incorrectly formatted or out of range" Other than the aforementioned task there are errors with the following:

a) Schedule Scan
    b) Reboot
    c) Policy Install
    d) Queue Reporting
    e) sih
    f) Scheduled Start
    g) Automatic App Update

I am a member of the WIndows Insider programme, and these errors have persisted across different builds including the latest one 10240. These were reported to MS thru the Feedback app.

I downloaded the official ISO today and upon doing a clean install noticed the errors.

Application Log entries read as follows:

Error 16385 "Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2115-07-05T14:11:34Z. Error Code: 0x80041318"

This happens every 30 seconds or so for about 3 minutes. And starts again every time I launch an MS Office program.

Is anybody else facing this problem? How do I solve this issue? I have tried the old trusted method of deleting the relevant registry entries and importing the task XML to no avail.

Any help appreciated.

:)

Beaupeep, Jul 28, 2015
  2. JonoR007 Win User

After changing time zone to a whole hour one, no errors as you have described. Changing back to Adelaide time zone I then only get errors for my Office (default) scheduled tasks, until rebooting, then they all come back (on Adelaide time zone).

JonoR007, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Task Scheduler Errors - SPP & other scheduled tasks

You are welcome Beaupeep.

I had suspected your TZ was also the issue.

It seems the calculation used to determine Z time from a given local time fails if the local TZ includes a fraction of an hour.

Lets hope this is resolved for our "States' sake" Task Scheduler Errors - SPP & other scheduled tasks :)

Elecrafter, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Purnam Win User

Same Problem with my 4 different laptops in-place-upgraded from Windows 7SP1/8.1. It happens on one of the clean installed Windows 10 machines, too! Looking forward to more insights than the plain old registry tweaks which do not seem to work on Windows 10

Thanks,

Purnam, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Mumbai Win User
    I found that, there is something wrong with the TimeZone because when I changed the time zone to US one, it starts working and no issue at all but when I switched it back to one ,then it starts showing errors.

Mumbai, Jul 30, 2015
  6. anupamluv Win User
    I am also receiving same problems on my windows 10 enterprise (10240) upgraded fro windows 8.1 ent x64 ....

Exact error : Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2015-08-06T19:24:19Z. Error Code: 0x80041318.

Also tried "JenzazBits" Solution from Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at - Microsoft Community
    But no luck....

Has anybody found a solution or we'll hv to live with it until the next update from microsoft????

anupamluv, Jul 30, 2015
  7. Mumbai Win User
    yeah no solution, I think it only affects to certain time zones. and sadly India is one of them.

Mumbai, Jul 30, 2015
  8. anupamluv Win User

Are u sure its the prob with time zone.... which timezone should I change to so tht can I check my self .... n will it solve all the task scheduler errors?

anupamluv, Jul 30, 2015
  9. Mumbai Win User
    yeah it only affects to certain time zones, you can see the immediate effect in task scheduler right after changing the time zone to +05 or something else, it doesn't work with +05:30 (, Delhi one) when it's +05:30 task scheduler raises certain errors but if it's changed to +05 or something else no error at all. it's same thing shows in the event viewer in a different way, so this is a time zone issue and you can fix certain issues by unticking Synchronization across different time zone check box in trigger tab of those that raise the errors but it's not possible to fix all errors. also if you make a new task checking "Synchronization across different time zone", it will raise the same error too. what shows in the event viewer, task scheduler errors these are all the same issue. I am not sure microsoft will fix this so soon because this doesn't affect to whole world specially in US time zones you won't even see this. so it may take few weeks or months.

Mumbai, Jul 30, 2015
  10. anupamluv Win User
    Great... all the problems gone after changing the timezone as u suggested... checked for over an hour... now back to Indian timezone... problems appearing again ....... wondering why microsoft is unaware of this problem yet??
    Anyway, thanks a lot buddy... if find any permanent solution, do post here ... thanks

anupamluv, Jul 30, 2015
  11. spluff Win User
    this is happening in the uk aswell

spluff, Jul 30, 2015
  12. anupamluv Win User
    Any update?????
    I've tried everything but no luck.... tried fresh installation in virtualbox but same problem... wondering millions of ppl installed/upgraded to windows 10 within last few days but nobody raised any complained regarding the same.....

anupamluv, Jul 31, 2015
  13. Mumbai Win User

perhaps because it doesn't affect to all time zones? beside most of people don't check the event viewer much.
    I guess I will revert back to windows 7 and wait for a couple of months and then when windows 10 is stable ,I will install it back specially when directx12 games are frequent.

Mumbai, Jul 31, 2015
  14. anupamluv Win User
    Yea... I think I shld also revert back windows 8.1 x64 ... Thank god I took acronis backup before upgrading ... but I think I can wait 2-3 days more ....
    Can u confirm this problem occurred in previous builds also ???? I havent checked any builds prior to this...

anupamluv, Aug 1, 2015
  15. anupamluv Win User
    anupamluv, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Task Scheduler Errors - SPP & other scheduled tasks - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler Errors

2. Task Scheduler errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler errors: Hi I upgraded a Windows 7 Pro 64 BIT O/S pc to Windows 10 Pro 64 BIT O/S. It seems since I did this every time I open task scheduler I get a few errors that say User_feed_sycronization with different numbers after it and a task registraion error. I can create new tasks and...
  3. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler: Hi! In Windows task scheduler I have turned on "run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed". Task was not started on the day it was supposed to start, and I wanna ask you, will it run task next day? And the second question - can I set latest time to run...
  4. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  5. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  6. Task Scheduler Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Error: 3 days ago, my task scheduler stopped working showing the following error '' Remote Computer was not found '' and then '' the task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped. some services stop automatically if not in use by other services or programs'' so I...
  7. Task Scheduler error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler error: Hello This error was showing to me when I was need to update my geforce experience and I saw an error that said that I need to start the task scheduler so I press windows key and R, run services.msc, go to task scheduler and attempted to start it and then I saw this massage:...
  8. Task Scheduler error

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler error: Each time an attempt is made to change an existing/working entry that I have created in Task Scheduler it reports "invalid parameter." Same thing occurs when importing a previously exported, working entry that I created, which necessitates deletion and recreation of the...
  9. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...
  10. Task Scheduler Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Error: When I access Task Scheduler, an error appears that says SqmUpload_S-1-5-21......... no longer exists. To see the current tasks, click Refresh. However, the same message appears when I click Refresh. I can close the message and it appears the Task Scheduler is OK. A person on...