Windows 10: Task scheduler has no idle maintenance in the folder

Discus and support Task scheduler has no idle maintenance in the folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Post whatever you were looking at that made you write this, "idle maintenance in my task scheduler and well its just a folder with idle maintenance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Try3, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Try3 Win User

Task scheduler has no idle maintenance in the folder

Post whatever you were looking at that made you write this, "idle maintenance in my task scheduler and well its just a folder with idle maintenance trigger in there". And just post the area that contains information that you want people to look at.

Denis

Try3, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Redbatman Win User

Hi so last week I was having an issue with system maintenance trying to run every time I'm gone for 5 to ten minutes from the computer most of the the time. I was able to fix it by doing a simple restart but now its happening again.

Well now its happening again but I wanted to check idle maintenance in my task scheduler and well its just a folder with idle maintenance trigger in there. Is this due to the April update or is due to the fact I have an SSD?

:)

Redbatman, Apr 14, 2018
  3. How to disable automatic maintenance permanently?

How to disable automatic maintenance permanently? The task Idle Maintenance and Regular Maintenance does not present in Task Scheduler anymore in Windows 10.

UltimateGTR, Apr 14, 2018
  4. bru20 Win User

Why does WD not check for latest updates before running auto scan?

I do have an independent scheduled task for running a Quick Scan. I hear you about modifying Scheduled Maintenance tasks but it would be such a simple thing to uncheck "Stop if the computer ceases to be idle" under Conditions as that is clearly the culprit.
    If that worked I wouldn't need an independent scheduled task to run the scan.

I do not want to do damage that can't be undone so I will take your advice and disable the Windows Defender Schedule Scan task and let my own scheduled task do the scanning.

bru20, Apr 14, 2018
  5. Redbatman Win User
    So is this something I should be concerned about? Or is it normal for an SSD?

Redbatman, Apr 15, 2018
  6. ken1943 Win User
    The only reason I see for your problem is that you are using a "foreign" version of Win 10. If you are using a US version that Task Scheduler the picture you posted is totally wrong or screwed up. With your problems I see, you should start from scratch and do
    a clean install. Read up on newer ssd's, you may be surprise what you read. The only real problem I have with Win 10 is remembering where things are.

ken1943, Apr 15, 2018
  7. Redbatman Win User
    I am using a US version. When I started to use this SSD I did a clean install of Windows 10 back in December.

Redbatman, Apr 15, 2018
  8. Try3 Win User

There is nothing at all wrong with the state of your Task scheduler section. Mine is empty on all my computers. But the comments you make indicate that you thought your were posting an illustration of a different section.

If you post any more illustrations, it would be worth using the Snipping tool to capture the relevant area or cropping a whole-screen picture then drawing people's attention to precisely what you want them to comment on.

Denis

9. Redbatman Win User
    I was using snipping tool for the pic.

Redbatman, Apr 15, 2018
  10. Redbatman Win User
    Anyhow thanks for the help. But is there an area you would like me to take a pic of for you to look at?

Redbatman, Apr 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Task scheduler has no idle maintenance in the folder - Similar Threads - Task scheduler has

2. Scheduled Maintenance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scheduled Maintenance: Do I have to start and enable scheduled maintenance to let old files in winsxs folder removed after 30 days automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scheduled-maintenance/48929010-137f-4213-83a8-8db3afa18d6c
  3. Scheduled Maintenance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduled Maintenance: Do I have to start and enable scheduled maintenance to let old files in winsxs folder removed after 30 days automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scheduled-maintenance/48929010-137f-4213-83a8-8db3afa18d6c
  4. MY TASK SCHEDULER HAS A PROBLEM!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MY TASK SCHEDULER HAS A PROBLEM!!: When I open My Task Scheduler, I have the following Problems: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] these are in the same order as they popped-up....
  5. Task Scheduler - On Idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler - On Idle: I have a script I created to run after the PC has been idle for one hour. It seems as though no matter what terms I define for trigger conditions, it will run after 10 minutes. 10 minutes is not a condition I have defined anywhere in the Task Scheduler. Is there an actual...
  6. Turn off Task Scheduler "Universal Orchestrator Idle Start" on Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off Task Scheduler "Universal Orchestrator Idle Start" on Task Scheduler: Hi everyone, I have a problem to DISABLE some existing tasks on Tasks Scheduler. And I think, these tasks were added by Microsoft when I upgrade my windows 10 to version 1903. When I try to disable , I go the permission denied. I tried to use my account and my account...
  7. Ubisoft has announced a scheduled maintenance on the 3rd June 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ubisoft has announced a scheduled maintenance on the 3rd June 2019: Hey there, folk If your new here, welcome to the Microsoft Community forums. I am posting this to make you aware that on the 3rd of June 2019 Ubisoft are taking their servers down for the following games: Anno 1404 Assassin's Creed 2 Assassin's Creed 3 Assassin's Creed...
  8. Task Scheduler - Idle Condition Not Honored

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler - Idle Condition Not Honored: This should be pretty simple but really has me stumped. I have a scheduled task that is specified to only run if the computer is idle for 50 minutes. This works on Windows 7, but on Windows 10 it never honors the idle condition. It always runs immediately. This happens on...
  9. Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon: I had this problem with windows 8/8.1 as well but don't remember what I did to fix it and can't seem to figure it out this time. I had to reinstall Windows 10 after upgrading to it, and forgot to write down my settings for this. I have a simple batch file that I want to...
  10. Empty folder in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty folder in task scheduler: I open task scheduler as administrator. I navigate to Microsoft, Windows, RAC. The task is empty. The RAC folder is System32 is there, but empty as well. The reason I looked is that my Reliability Monitor is no longer an option in Security and Maintenance. I've been having...