Task Scheduler HEAD SCRATCHER

Discus and support Task Scheduler HEAD SCRATCHER in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I asked a PC Expert on YouTube for help. I wanted a way to force Defender to do a weekly full scan (not the quick scans it prefers doing). Brian (the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, Jul 27, 2018.

1. The Pool Man Win User

I asked a PC Expert on YouTube for help. I wanted a way to force Defender to do a weekly full scan (not the quick scans it prefers doing). Brian (the kind Brit PC guru) posted a tutorial using Task Scheduler here --

How to Schedule a FULL Scan with Windows Defender - YouTube

So I found the task and edited it like he advised. When finished I went, oh no, is it me or did I just edit an existing task? Which was NOT my intention. It was to add a task. Not replace a task.

See the date circled in blue?

Task Scheduler HEAD SCRATCHER [​IMG]

This tells me 'some' task ran this morning after boot. On my other PC the exact same thing happened. This means Windows runs a scan of some sort each morning after boot.

So buy creating a weekly scan did I accidentally end this daily one? If YES how do I get the original one back?

:)

The Pool Man, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Pawan Dhondiyal Win User

Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Monica Cam Win User
    Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 27, 2018
  4. PhilippeCORMIER Win User

Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

The Steps which resolve this problem on my computer :

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Open Task Scheduler
    • Navigate in the Task Scheduler Library (Nothing else !!!)
    And the message deseapear and I can create a task !!!

PhilippeCORMIER, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Task Scheduler HEAD SCRATCHER - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler HEAD

2. some task bar icons have no graphic

in Windows 10 Customization
    some task bar icons have no graphic: I'm running current W10 on a new PC A handful of apps, when running and appearing on the task bar and anytime if pinned, are there, but are a black hole with no graphic. In particular, Edge and Settings. Anything I can do?...
  3. how do you remove searches from task bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do you remove searches from task bar: how do you remove searches from task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-you-remove-searches-from-task-bar/01453ef3-8c3e-485c-9ea4-8a0c63041c33"
  4. Task Manager shows two Wi-Fi connections in Preformance Tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Manager shows two Wi-Fi connections in Preformance Tab: Hi all, I recently noted that task manager shows two Wi-Fi connections. One is my Wi-Fi router and second is is showing Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2. Why it is showing like this? and for what purpose it is showing? any help would be better. [ATTACH]...
  5. how to reset task view to default settings?

how to reset task view to default settings?: my task view is changing to grid, how can i change it to default straight line again?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-reset-task-view-to-default-settings/0615e04f-f717-412c-8ac2-58172212340d
  6. What the heck happened to Task Manager?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What the heck happened to Task Manager?: Why does Task Manager no longer run on top of all other apps in Windows so that you can readily close apps/tasks that are causing issues on our systems - the way it used to???...
  7. Windows 10 Update Scheduling and Notifications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Scheduling and Notifications: Is there any way to schedule updates in Windows 10? If not is there a way to receive email notifications, etc.? I often have to leave software open overnight on my computer and automatic updates are continually causing them to be shut down. Thanks,...
  8. Missing Bluetooth Icon on Task/System Tray in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Bluetooth Icon on Task/System Tray in Windows 10: How do I restore my Bluetooth Icon? Recently had an update that "could not be completed" and ever since then, my Bluetooth icon seemed to have disappeared. I went into Devices & Printers and the settings for Bluetooth are not displayed. What do I need to do the get...
  9. How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger

How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger: Hi, I would like to create a task in Task Scheduler on Windows 10, which is triggered if a specific notification appears in Action Center. How can I do this, or is this even possible? Thanks in advance, David...
  10. Windows task wakes computer from sleep every day at 1:00 AM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows task wakes computer from sleep every day at 1:00 AM: cannot modify disable or delete the task "UpdateAssistantWakeupRun" under UpdateOrchestrator. Tried psexec tool without success. Tried taking ownership and granting admin full control of filepath. Am Administrator, run everything as admin still no luck. "the user account...