Windows 10: Task Scheduler: How to run more than one program in Actions

Discus and support Task Scheduler: How to run more than one program in Actions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a scheduled task to run Avast AshCmd.exe every day. The entry in Actions is "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashCmd.exe / @=Quick/r=*~".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Jan 20, 2018.

1. tcebob Win User

Task Scheduler: How to run more than one program in Actions

I have a scheduled task to run Avast AshCmd.exe every day. The entry in Actions is "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashCmd.exe / @=Quick/r=*~". (Quick is the name of my scan.) I'd like to add another command, to view the Avast log afterwards. Like "Notepad c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report\Quick.txt". (I'll work out the exact grammar later.)

Is that possible or will I have to wrap the two commands into a batch file?

:)

tcebob, Jan 20, 2018

2. Windows Defender - How to schedule a scan?

On a Windows 10 1709 system...

The quirk that is missing...

The task scheduler requires an Action.

Click the Action Tab

Click New to enter a new Action

Verify that the Action is "Start a Program" from the pulldown

Click browse to open the Windows defender folder

Scroll down to find the user interface exe "MSASCui.exe"

Click to select the Windows Defender Executable

Click the Open button

Click OK to close the Action window

Click OK to close the Schedule window

The task should now appear in the Scheduler window

Some optional tweaks:

Under the Condition's tab, you may want to check the "Wake the computer to run this task" box

Under the Settings tab, you may want to check the "Run this task as soon as possible
    after a scheduled start is missed" box

Under the Settings tab, you may want to check the "Stop the task if it runs longer than:" box and enter an appropriate time period for the system based upon past experience. On one system
    I maintain, the scans take just over 2 hours so I selected 4 hours in the pull-down.

end

James RShaw, Jan 20, 2018
  3. Task Scheduler - how to run program on different drive?

Lylio

When creating the task did you use the "start in" argument?

Task Scheduler: How to run more than one program in Actions [​IMG]

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 20, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello mate,

You can add "&" inbetween the command sets with a space before and after to run both commands in a singe line.

For example:

Code: "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashCmd.exe / @=Quick/r=*~" & "Notepad c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report\Quick.txt"[/quote]

Brink, Jan 20, 2018
  5. tcebob Win User
    Wow! Guess I missed detailed instructions for TS -- are there any? And where can they be found? Thanks, Brink

tcebob, Jan 20, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    None would include the multiple commands in one command line option. *Wink

Did that work for you?

Brink, Jan 20, 2018
  7. tcebob Win User
    I'll let you know tomorrow. Scheduled to run at 7:00 PM.

PS Scheduler asked whether I wanted to include the last part as an argument. I said "no" and the line remained with the two commands.

tcebob, Jan 21, 2018
  8. tcebob Win User

Well, I forgot it was Sunday, when I run a more thorough scan. So I attempted to run it manually. It started but froze before it could call cmd. I have a shortcut to the log file, so not a big problem.

tcebob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Task Scheduler: How to run more than one program in Actions - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler run

2. Task Scheduler running a program minimized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler running a program minimized.: I have seen a lot of people asking the question about running a program minimized in Task Scheduler.Nobody seemed to have had an answer.This worked for me.......
  3. Task Scheduler running a program minimized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler running a program minimized.: I have seen a lot of people asking the question about running a program minimized in Task Scheduler.Nobody seemed to have had an answer.This worked for me.......
  4. How to Program Task Scheduler to Run 3 Programs One After the Other?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Program Task Scheduler to Run 3 Programs One After the Other?: Hi guys.. I'm trying to program Task Scheduler to run 3 antivirus programs one after the other. How do I program it to do so? 181262
  5. Task Scheduler: Several Start a program actions

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: Several Start a program actions: Hi there, I use a scheduled task to start a backup with beyond compare, but I need ondrive to start first. So I have two Actions in one schedule: Start a program C:\... ondrive.exe Start a program C:\... BCompare.exe Does the second action for Beyond Compare waits till the...
  6. More than one program maximizing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    More than one program maximizing.: Im new to Windows 10. Lets say I have 2 programs open. Im at the desktop, Why is it when I choose one of them from the task bar, the other one also maximizes behind it? Instead of the program I chose popping up with the desktop in the background, the program I chose pops up...
  7. How to run a program in task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run a program in task scheduler?: I have installed Speedfan and it won't run at the windows startup, so I tried to schedule it in task scheduler, I am not familiar with using it and wondered if there is a guide for W10 64 anywhere or if anyone can tell me how? Many thanks in advance! John. 13863
  8. Actions in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Actions in Task Scheduler: I have two Scheduled tasks whose actions start the same program, but with different parameters. If these two program instances happen to get scheduled at more or less the same time, then one will wait for the other to finish. But it seems to me that sometimes the one...
  9. Task Scheduler doesn't run program

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler doesn't run program: I'm running a task schedule to run a program at a certain time. It worked great in windows 7 but since I upgraded to 10 nothing happens when the task is run. I've run SFC and Dism see below and no problems found. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan....
  10. Task Scheduler not running programs...

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler not running programs...: Hello Guys, I have a Windows 10 Laptop. Tried using Task Scheduler to automatically run Good Sync program on a predefined schedule. However, it fails to run the program. My user account has administrative priviledges. Thanks for your replies. 37970

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Task Scheduler problem for more 1 action

2. exexute two program at one task

3. task scheduler actions tab

4. Windows scheduler set up multiple task,
  5. what will happen if multiple actions in task scheduler,
  6. can a task scheduler run two programs,
  7. windows task schdule run multiple actions,
  8. two batch file actions task scheduler only one runs,
  9. run two .vb-scripts in one task scheduler,
  10. how will a task scheduler with multiple action will execute,
  11. more than one action to run in task scheduler,