Windows 10: Task Scheduler issue

Discus and support Task Scheduler issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Been having this for some time now. I am on .14267 and for the last couple of builds I have been getting 'Task Scheduler is not available. Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ukbadge, Feb 20, 2016.

1. ukbadge Win User

Task Scheduler issue

Been having this for some time now. I am on .14267 and for the last couple of builds I have been getting 'Task Scheduler is not available. Task Scheduler will attempt to reconnect to it'.

Normally I can solve most problems but this has really baffled me and none of the suggested work-arounds on google seem to work.

Is the only solution to 'reset this pc'? or is there another work around.

Apart from this issue the PC is running brilliantly so I am reluctant to remove all the apps etc.

:)

ukbadge, Feb 20, 2016

2. Issue with Task Scheduler

The task name sounds like a malware. Try running a full scan using Malwarebytes, and Junkware Removal Tool (www.malwarebytes.org). These tools will remove malicious
    tasks added by malware.

And, if that doesn't remove the task, you can remove it manually using the steps listed in this article.

Task Scheduler Error Task "No longer exists". How to Fix?

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/task-scheduler-error-no-longer-exists-corrupt-task/

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 20, 2016
  3. highcarve Win User
    Issue with Task Scheduler

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Been out of town. So I got on and the same thing reoccurred.

I did as you said and here is a screenshot of the error.
    Task Scheduler issue [​IMG]

So I then went into the running tasks, and I found the task that is constantly popping up, but I don't know how to stop it from popping up anymore
    Task Scheduler issue [​IMG]

highcarve, Feb 20, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Task Scheduler issue

Hi ukbadge,

I just did a quick check and found a possible fix in THIS article. It does involve the Registry, which would require some precautions, such as creating a System Restore point prior to making any changes.

Another option might be to try a Repair Install, which should leave most of your programs and files in tact.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

5. ukbadge Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion. I followed this suggestion, which is in effect the same as you suggested,

a. Press Windows + R keys, type regedit in run window and press Enter.

b. In registry editor, delete all entries under the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache

c. Close registry editor.

ukbadge, Feb 21, 2016
  6. tracit99 Win User
    I did a,b, and c and Task Scheduler is non-functional now. Not one single task is shown. Also tried repair install, but still have problem with 'Task Scheduler is not available. Task Scheduler will attempt to reconnect to it'.

tracit99, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Task Scheduler issue

1. Task Scheduler issue - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler issue

2. Task Scheduler issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler issues: Pushbullet used to launch at Windows StartUp, but has recently stopped doing so. One of the options I have looked at, is to delay its launching. I know I can use 3rd part programs like Winpatrol, but believe that Task Scheduler can also do it. Two difficulties : Task...
  3. Task Scheduler Issue, Task Not Triggering At Specified Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Issue, Task Not Triggering At Specified Time: hey everyone. any reason why a task i create does not run or trigger at the specified time? im running windows 10 20h2 with sleep settings set to never.i have made a test task that runs a batch file one liner: shutdown -h have tried just shutdown as well on a one time...
  4. Issues with task scheduler running on battery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with task scheduler running on battery: Hi all, I've been having trouble getting task scheduler to run a program (throttlestop for CPU undervolt) reliably on boot. It runs on AC but never on battery. My trigger is log on of any user. I've also tried on startup. As for config; its set up to run whether the user is...
  5. WINDOWS 10 Task Scheduler Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 Task Scheduler Issue: Hi all, I am having difficulty understanding why a task I've setup shows it has run and completed, but when I look in the event viewer logs this is not the case. The task I have configured runs when an event ID flags up within the event viewer. This works fine, except for...
  6. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  7. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  8. Task Scheduling issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduling issue: So for past 5+ years I been using ccleaner to to automate the cleaning of temp dir and cookies upon system start up, via task scheduler and never had problem. I recently reinstalled windows 10 with clean install or 1803 as hell marry to see if it fixed the endless drivers...
  9. Task Scheduler Issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler Issue: Hi, I'm running windows 10 and I seem to be having a problem with my task scheduler. My disks are set to 'optimise' automatically, on a weekly basis, but I noticed it was going for weeks, even months without running. My system is only about 3 months old and I suspect it's...
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...