Windows 10: Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely

Discus and support Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone I tried using this guide (How To Easily Send Emails From The Windows Task Scheduler) to create a task that will send me an email whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flizer, Sep 24, 2016.

1. flizer Win User

Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely

Hey everyone I tried using this guide (How To Easily Send Emails From The Windows Task Scheduler) to create a task that will send me an email whenever someone connects with RDP.The task works and sends the email if i run it, but i am unsure how to set it so that it activates when i connect through a remote session. I tried setting the task to trigger on remote session on any user but that didn't solve it. This is on a machine running Windows 10 Pro, that i use as a little server. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

:)

flizer, Sep 24, 2016
  2. Stevel53 Win User

Win 10 - I first enabled, then logged in as administrator, still can't make any changes

All options in task SCHEDULER (not task manager) are grayed out and cannot be changed when I log in as administrator.

For the immediate time being, I want to uncheck the box in the scheduled Windows Update task that says "wake computer to run task".

I'm not allowed to do anything that requires administrator permissions, even when logged in as administrator.

Stevel53, Sep 24, 2016
  3. "Task scheduler service is not available."?!

I am having the same problem after the Anniversary Update. Same as meimeiriver2,
    where it is just 1 task. Task Scheduler is certainly running, as many other tasks execute normally as before the upgrade.

I narrowed down the problem a little bit. This particular task was set with the condition to "Start only if the following network connection is available" and to a specific network. When
    I change that condition to "Any connection", the task runs normally again on its usual schedule. Change the setting back, and the "Task scheduler service is not available..." error returns.

I have tried an assortment of the usual Task Schedule problem solutions: Run only when user is logged on (both variations), Configure for... previous Windows versions, making sure the password
    is correctly set, etc. Nothing makes a difference if a specific network is selected.

Being suspicious, I check similar tasks on 2 other systems - they all have the identical problem. And changing to "Any connection" allows the task to run again. Problem is that the specific
    network is a required condition for this particular Task. So I really want to find a work-around.

Any ideas or suggestions?

One suspicion: is Task Scheduler mistakenly trying to run the task as if on a remote system?

Steve Baron, Sep 24, 2016
  4. Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely

Just let the task running nonstop, it is the only way to be sure, the trigger might fail.

TairikuOkami, Sep 24, 2016
  5. flizer Win User
    I wouldn't be opposed to that, but how do i make sure it alerts me when someone connects. I'm unsure what to set as the trigger for that

flizer, Sep 24, 2016
  6. I am not much familiar with RDP, I prefer Teamviewer, but try setting up an event, like:

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely

1. Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler run

2. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  3. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  4. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task scheduler run as system and logged in user

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler run as system and logged in user: I have a script which must be run as system in task scheduler. But at the end should be runned an exe file in that script as logged in user withouth username and password. Is that possible? 182571
  6. Scheduled task not running

Scheduled task not running: I use the "portable apps" platform to hold a lot of small programs I dont want installed - but even from my C: ssd its very slow to load. So I have set up a scheduled task to run it as soon as the pc becomes idle. [ATTACH] However it does not run. Even when I right-click...
  7. Task scheduler will not run -remote computer not found-

Task scheduler will not run -remote computer not found-: I cannot get task scheduler to run, I receive the message -remote computer not found- when I run the APP or from admin tools or try to start from services. I have done the clean boot thing, the dsim restore health and the sfc /scannow. It will not run on boot or manually. It...
  8. Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...: I am able to schedule tasks with the first option that is - run when the user is logged on. But when I try with the other option - run whether the user is logged on or not, it doesn't work....
  9. task scheduler/remote computer

task scheduler/remote computer: Hi im trying to solve this issue to be able to do optimization for my Laptop nothing from the FAQ has resolved this issue can I ask Microsoft for support?...
  10. Task Scheduler Not Running

Task Scheduler Not Running: I've already tried and a lot of solutions for this but sadly I still don't have a solution. I've also tried these steps in this link (https://computerstepbystep.com/task_scheduler_service.html), still no luck What happened is I'm trying to update my GeForce Experience but I...