Windows 10: Task Scheduler: Start a Program with Office

Discus and support Task Scheduler: Start a Program with Office in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to have Task Scheduler start a program to run with the launch of ANY Office application? I have a registry edit which will enable... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by flybynite, Jul 12, 2016.

1. flybynite Win User

Task Scheduler: Start a Program with Office

Does anyone know how to have Task Scheduler start a program to run with the launch of ANY Office application? I have a registry edit which will enable the black theme in Office 2016. It needs to be run each time any Office app opens. I can do this on an individual basis, or just click a batch file before I open anything Office, but it would be very nice to have Task Scheduler do this for me.

:)

flybynite, Jul 12, 2016

2. Windos 10 slow and lag badly and sometimes being stuck on 'Preparing an automatic repair'.

I had this problem too and was checking all the forums to find a solution. Then I found it by my own efforts:

Check the task scheduler. (press start and write task scheduler). You will see there some tasks which runs very often. The culprit in my computer was

Chrome update service and

Adobe update service

They were scheduled to check updates every day, every hour and very often. I changed their schedule to be once a week.

Depends on your computer, check whatever programs which are not necessary to update daily and change/disable them.

Also go to start up programs. My computer was running Chrome in start up. I disabled it. It uses unnecessary resources.

Also, OneDrive setting helps. Next to clock, find cloud symbol. Right click to it and click
    settings. Under office tab, uncheck "use office to sync office files"

MehmetZengin, Jul 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 lags and hangs

I had this problem too and was checking all the forums to find a solution. Then I found it by my own efforts:

Check the task scheduler. (press start and write task scheduler). You will see there some tasks which runs very often. The culprit in my computer was

Chrome update service and

Adobe update service

They were scheduled to check updates every day, every hour and very often. I changed their schedule to be once a week.

Depends on your computer, check whatever programs which are not necessary to update daily and change/disable them.

Also go to start up programs. My computer was running Chrome in start up. I disabled it. It uses unnecessary resources.

Also, OneDrive setting helps. Next to clock, find cloud symbol. Right click to it and click
    settings. Under office tab, uncheck "use office to sync office files"

MehmetZengin, Jul 12, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

What is the registry edit for that you did? Also what is the reason to want to open another program when you open up a Office program? Task Scheduler is not used for that. You can do it through VBA in Office. Biggest issue with 2016 is that it is a Gui front end for Office 365 on the backside for the Cloud connection.

bro67, Jul 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Task Scheduler: Start a Program with Office - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler Start

2. How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started: Is there a way to have the task scheduler start a program after it has started a previous program?for instance, I'm running a dedicated DCS server on my computer and have setup the task scheduler to restart the computer everyday at 2 AM. I then have another task stating that...
  3. How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started: Is there a way to have the task scheduler start a program after it has started a previous program?for instance, I'm running a dedicated DCS server on my computer and have setup the task scheduler to restart the computer everyday at 2 AM. I then have another task stating that...
  4. How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task Scheduler event when program start/stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler event when program start/stop: Hi, I want to know how I can start a powershell script every time a windows program is launched/stopped for all programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-event-when-program-startstop/14d3a7f3-c2c3-4512-920e-09c744312104
  6. Task Scheduler: Several Start a program actions

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: Several Start a program actions: Hi there, I use a scheduled task to start a backup with beyond compare, but I need ondrive to start first. So I have two Actions in one schedule: Start a program C:\... ondrive.exe Start a program C:\... BCompare.exe Does the second action for Beyond Compare waits till the...
  7. How to start ClickOnce Program using Task Scheduler

How to start ClickOnce Program using Task Scheduler: I have tried several different techniques to start a ClickOnce application using Windows 10 Task Scheduler. None of them are satisfactory. For some of the attempts, the program doesn't seem to start There is no indication in Event Log or Task Schedule History that there was...
  8. Task Scheduler is not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler is not starting: Whenever I try to start Task Scheduler, it always brings me to an error. It says, "The Task Scheduler service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in us by other services or programs. I need to start this, so I can...
  9. Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler

Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler: I want to launch a particular program after another program has loaded, and terminate that particular program after closing that other program. Any idea how this would work in Task Scheduler? Thank you....
  10. Task Scheduler Will Not Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Will Not Start: Hey everyone, Have an issue with task scheduler not stating which is causing issues with say Nvidia Geforce Experience not starting as it requires it to update. When I try to start it from services I get that error. [img] When I try to launch the task scheduler...