Windows 10: Task scheduler- task completed "successfully" with exit code 0x8007001

Discus and support Task scheduler- task completed "successfully" with exit code 0x8007001 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am running a daily task which is supposed to - wake the computer from hibernation - copy a file to a network drive, and create a log file -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steinspecht, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Task scheduler- task completed "successfully" with exit code 0x8007001

Hi,
    I am running a daily task which is supposed to
    - wake the computer from hibernation
    - copy a file to a network drive, and create a log file
    - shutdown the computer

When starting the task manually from within the task scheduler, everything is executed as intended.

When leaving the computer in hibernation mode, the task scheduler wakes the computer at the specified time, but apparently the command file (.cmd) ist not executed at all. No log file ist created, no file is copied, and the computer is not shut down. The task is marked as "successfully completed with the return code 0x80070001" displayed in decimal (2147942401).
    This error code seems to indicate an "illegal function", but I have no clue what that might be, especially since the task runs fine when started manually, as said.

Any hint highly appreciated, questions welcome.

:)

Steinspecht, Jan 17, 2017
  2. rickybyrd Win User

windows scheduled task

setting up a scheduled task on windows 10 enterprise 64 bit domain pc, result after running is: Task Scheduler successfully completed task "\Task-Scheduler-Item -- Disable Logging of Filtering-Platform-Packet-Drop" , instance "{35505991-81a1-4129-8a57-4d167b49f88e}"
    , action "C:\Windows\System32\auditpol.exe" with return code 2147942487.

I can't find any information about the "return code 2147942487", what is this specifying?

rickybyrd, Jan 17, 2017
  3. BobP3UX Win User
    Time Synchronization Task Scheduler Windows 10

"%windir%\system32\sc.exe" with optional argument "start w32time task_started" runs but EventID 201 Action completed return code is 2147943479, instead of 0. Since I use Task Scheduler to start time sensitive tasks the 7 second drift I currently have
    on my machine versus internet time is a problem. Any ideas what could be wrong and how to fix? Thanks very much.

BobP3UX, Jan 17, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Task scheduler- task completed "successfully" with exit code 0x8007001

Hi, suggest you take the problem apart.
    1. Schedule a task to resume from hibernation but to do something simple like execute a bat file to display a message or open file explorer, timed to run while you are there.
    2. Check this runs ok.
    3. When this works satisfactorily, add your command to the bat file.
    4. Check the result.
    Check the result.

Note: you say no log file is created, but presumably there would be a report in the event log.
    You might get further info from that (event viewer).

Another thought- as you are using a network, if, say, your scheduled task is run overnight, is there anything differently configured then?

dalchina, Jan 17, 2017
  5. As a matter of fact I have another task running weekly and reliably at night with the same task settings (different actions and trigger), and accessing the same NAS. Which is why I'm puzzled. No changes to the network at any time.
    I'm not sure how to use the event viewer, a hint woud be great.
    Thx and cheers,

6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Jan 17, 2017
  7. I appreciate the notion of taking a problem apart. However, as said, the two tasks differ only in the actions (i.e., different commad scripts) and triggers (different execution times). Both start at the specified times which I can see in the scheduler protocol. One executes the command script, the other one does not. I can tell because both command scripts redirect their output to a log file. One does what it's supposed to (i.e. a weekly backup), the other does not (I.e. copyying a file each night). It still records the task as successfully completed with the return code mentioned in my initial post. If I only knew what exactly it means. Web research only mentions it in the connection with Windows backup and restore, something my command script doesn't invoke.

I shall now look at the links you provided - thanks a lot!

8. Task scheduler- task completed "successfully" with exit code 0x8007001

Back after a while in frustration.
    I couldn't find anything suspicious in the event viewer at or around the times the task was started. There are some informational things recorded about "Music.UI (9036) {7FAAB28B-5CC2-407F-BD83-28FE53F0BA3C}:" and a protocol file C:\Users\Andrei\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Database\anonymo us\edb.log", apparently about a database module doing something about a logfile (I don't use MicrosoftZuneMusic and have no idea what this is!).

The error message in my first posting header should read "0x80070001", one zero was missing there.

Still no clue what to look for.

Steinspecht, Jan 22, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    Have you tried what I suggested in #2?

dalchina, Jan 22, 2017
  10. Yes this all works. But not when re-activating the computer shortly after midnight via the task scheduler. It looks like cmd.exe ist never started, therefore the comand script is not run. Then I get this weird return code.

Do you know anything about it? That is the only question I have.

Steinspecht, Jan 22, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    My guess is you might need a delay. Beyond that I'll leave it to someone else. Good luck!

dalchina, Jan 22, 2017
  12. the script has a delay of 3 minutes, but what use if it never runs. how do i delay starting a job in the scheduler which is set to start at time x??

Steinspecht, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Task scheduler- task completed "successfully" with exit code 0x8007001

1. Task scheduler- task completed "successfully" with exit code 0x8007001 - Similar Threads - Task scheduler task

2. The Scheduled Task for Storage Sense exits with error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Scheduled Task for Storage Sense exits with error: Hello,I am trying to use Storage Sense on a Citrix server Windows Server 2022 to allow my users ot use Onedrive by cleaning the cache everyday.The issue I have at the moment is that the storage sense Scheduled Task seems to exit with an error "Non-registered class".I have...
  3. The Scheduled Task for Storage Sense exits with error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Scheduled Task for Storage Sense exits with error: Hello,I am trying to use Storage Sense on a Citrix server Windows Server 2022 to allow my users ot use Onedrive by cleaning the cache everyday.The issue I have at the moment is that the storage sense Scheduled Task seems to exit with an error "Non-registered class".I have...
  4. Task Scheduler Error and Success Codes explained

in Windows 10 News
    Task Scheduler Error and Success Codes explained: [IMG]Task Scheduler is a Windows tool that allows you to run and schedule tasks. When an event occurs, it is recorded so that users can troubleshoot issues if need be. In this post we will learn about Task Scheduler Errors and Success codes. Task Scheduler Error and Success...
  5. Task scheduler : Successfully runs intermittently & manually 0x800710E0

Task scheduler : Successfully runs intermittently & manually 0x800710E0: Morning, Have a task that runs daily, most days it works fine. It also runs fine manually. However, some days it doesn't work and I get an error "task scheduler operator or administrator has refused the request". I turned on History and screen shot is attached. any ideas?...
  6. Task Scheduler Error Code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Scheduler Error Code: Hi tonight when I go to task scheduler to check did my tasks are working .. I found out that my window defender verification is showing The operator or administrator has refused the request 0x800710E0 so I search online and find out that I need to change the user to...
  7. Task scheduler completed with exit code 2147942655

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task scheduler completed with exit code 2147942655: Task scheduler completed with exit code 2147942655 but task was not triggered can someone help me with it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-completed-with-exit-code-2147942655/46c2ab83-0738-4622-a6fa-62ea0bed268d
  8. Task scheduler completed with exit code 2147942655

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler completed with exit code 2147942655: Task scheduler completed with exit code 2147942655 but task was not triggered can someone help me with it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-completed-with-exit-code-2147942655/46c2ab83-0738-4622-a6fa-62ea0bed268d
  9. Task scheduler completed with exit code 2147942655

10. Task Scheduler says task complete, but process didn't run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler says task complete, but process didn't run: I have a task set up in the Task Scheduler to run whether the user is logged in or not. The task runs twice a day. The actions on it are to run various .bat files. One of those .bat files runs a python script and one runs a specific piece of software that will update SQL...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Installation completed with exit code 0x80070001

2. exit code 0x80070001

3. check for windows task scheduler exit code

4. what is the task scheduler commad to show user ,
  5. windows task scheduler exit codes,
  6. task scheduler completed sucessfully but op code 2,
  7. task scheduler item exit code,
  8. task scheduler 0x8007001