Windows 10: Task Scheduler: The following error has occurred: 2147750704

Discus and support Task Scheduler: The following error has occurred: 2147750704 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I try to make a task in TASK SCHEDULER and it gives me the error 2147750704 I am using a depreciated task so that might be the problem. I am using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Thunder123, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Task Scheduler: The following error has occurred: 2147750704

I try to make a task in TASK SCHEDULER and it gives me the error 2147750704
    I am using a depreciated task so that might be the problem.
    I am using the message box task and if there is no fixes I will have to use a VBS script and "Run a program" but if theres a fix I'll take it!
    I have tried basic task and i guess advanced task..
    Thanks!!

:)

Thunder123, Dec 17, 2015

2. Task Scheduler error when opening app

Since getting Windows 10 when I open the Task Scheduler I get the following error - The selected task "SqmUpload_S-1-5-21-1618685912-523658729-3493555871-1006" no longer exists. To see the current tasks. click Refresh.

If I Refresh the same error occurs. I have not scheduled any tasks at all and was trying to schedule a Windows Defender scan to run once a day.

I have noticed that the error does not appear when I log on to my wife's user account.

DavidSayer63, Dec 17, 2015
  3. "An error has occurred for task ~ Error message: The specified account name is not valid" when trying to create a new Basic Scheduled Task

Possible solutions:

Option 1. Go to the Task Scheduler in the Start menu and/or Control Panel, right-click on it and select "Run as Administrator"

Option 2. Run a command prompt "as administrator" and use the Schtasks command-line utility to make changes:

Use SchTasks.exe to Create and Manage Tasks

Gavin_S_NMT, Dec 17, 2015
  4. kagalive Win User

Task Scheduler: The following error has occurred: 2147750704

Firstly, sorry to necro this old thread but it still ranks high on Google's search results when looking for an answer regarding this error.

Error Code: 2147750704
    - The item or feature you have chosen is no longer supported. (Deprecated). It cannot be used.
    - The "action" you have chosen for your scheduled task is not available to you under your current Operating System.
    - Choose a different "action" and try again.

This error is thrown when a user tries to add a task whose "action" is no longer supported by the current operating system. For Windows 10 (And I believe anything Windows 8 or higher) the options to schedule both E-Mail and System Message Display have been removed. They are tagged as "deprecated" when you select them.

I know it's confusing as you would assume if the feature was no longer supported then it would not be available. Unfortunately Microsoft are either holding out for some future functionality, or just like to run us through hoops.

FYI: The "Start a Program" action should work completely, effectively this is the only action that you can choose.

TL\DR: Windows 10 (AFAIK WIN8 +) Does NOT support scheduled E-Mail or System Message Display. The tag (Deprecated) ultimately means you cannot add a task of this nature.

Hope this helps anyone who runs into the dreaded 2147750704 Task Scheduler Error. Quite cryptic it is...

(Source: Error message 2147750704 - Microsoft Community)

kagalive, Oct 25, 2016
Thema:

Task Scheduler: The following error has occurred: 2147750704

1. Task Scheduler: The following error has occurred: 2147750704 - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler following

2. Task Scheduler, An error has occurred for the task [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Task Scheduler, An error has occurred for the task [Fix]: [IMG]Some users face errors from time to time while using the Task Scheduler. This article explores some Task Scheduler errors, highlighting the possible causes and resolution steps for each. Specifically, we discuss the Task Scheduler error – An error has occurred for the...
  3. Task Scheduler errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler errors: Hi I upgraded a Windows 7 Pro 64 BIT O/S pc to Windows 10 Pro 64 BIT O/S. It seems since I did this every time I open task scheduler I get a few errors that say User_feed_sycronization with different numbers after it and a task registraion error. I can create new tasks and...
  4. MY TASK SCHEDULER HAS A PROBLEM!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MY TASK SCHEDULER HAS A PROBLEM!!: When I open My Task Scheduler, I have the following Problems: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] these are in the same order as they popped-up....
  5. Task Scheduler Error

Task Scheduler Error: 3 days ago, my task scheduler stopped working showing the following error '' Remote Computer was not found '' and then '' the task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped. some services stop automatically if not in use by other services or programs'' so I...
  6. Task Scheduler error

Task Scheduler error: Hello This error was showing to me when I was need to update my geforce experience and I saw an error that said that I need to start the task scheduler so I press windows key and R, run services.msc, go to task scheduler and attempted to start it and then I saw this massage:...
  7. Errors by opening Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errors by opening Task Scheduler: Hello. When I open the Task Scheduler, I get many error messages, which mostly resemble to "Task Name: The task object version is either unsupported or invalid" along with a few "The selected task 'Name' no longer exists. To see current task, click Refresh". One thing...
  8. Task Scheduler error

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler error: Each time an attempt is made to change an existing/working entry that I have created in Task Scheduler it reports "invalid parameter." Same thing occurs when importing a previously exported, working entry that I created, which necessitates deletion and recreation of the...
  9. Task Scheduler Errors - SPP & other scheduled tasks

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Errors - SPP & other scheduled tasks: Hi, Been noticing a number of errors when I open task scheduler for e.g. SVC Restart Task - The task XML contains a value that is incorrectly formatted or out of range" Other than the aforementioned task there are errors with the following: a) Schedule Scan b) Reboot...
  10. Task Scheduler Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Error: When I access Task Scheduler, an error appears that says SqmUpload_S-1-5-21......... no longer exists. To see the current tasks, click Refresh. However, the same message appears when I click Refresh. I can close the message and it appears the Task Scheduler is OK. A person on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler error 2147750704

2. 2147750704

3. task scheduler error codes 2147750704 win 10

4. task scheduler error value 2147750704,
  5. task scheduler error message 2147750,
  6. task scheduler an error has occurred for task time 2147750704,
  7. task scheduler windows 10 error 2147750704,
  8. 2147750404 task schedule set error message,
  9. window 10 task scheduler error showing 2147750704 ,
  10. task schedular error 2147750704