Windows 10: Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled

Discus and support Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I put my machine to sleep. It wakes up due to a task in Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator > Schedule Retry Scan [ATTACH] I am the administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ErolD.IT, Aug 20, 2018.

1. ErolD.IT Win User

Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled

I put my machine to sleep. It wakes up due to a task in Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator > Schedule Retry Scan

Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled fced0a21-b004-45d3-98a3-f224d2ced1de?upload=true.jpg

I am the administrator of my own home machine and I would like to disable this as I do NOT want my machine waking when I am not using it. This causes on/off cycles and contributes to unwanted failure!! Is Microsoft going to pay for my Power Supply, or any other pc component when it fails because of on/off/on/off/on/off cycles?

When I try to disable, it tells me:

Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled 1d2950e4-caee-4726-9d30-b9b894f3a4f9?upload=true.jpg

Obviously, this is either a bug, or, it is Microsoft's way of telling the user "screw you, we want to wake your machine regardless if you do not want to".

Either way, I would like this to end. How can I disable this, THE NORMAL WAY, without changing permissions, or using tools like PSTOOLS. Please do not respond if you are going to suggest a registry hack, using a tool, or taking ownership stopping tasks and setting services to disable.

:)

ErolD.IT, Aug 20, 2018

2. No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

You keep talking about a "folder". Task scheduler items are files, not
    folders, even though they have no name extension (i.e. no full stop or anything else to the right of the name).

I suspect the task is protected through its entry in the registry. You need to open the registry editor (regedit.exe), then do this:

• Navigate to this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\
    • Find "UpdateOrchestrator", using Ctrl+F. It will be against a key such as

{AB62362D-3EF5-4BD4-92E1-D96143FD8738}
    • Change the owner of the key to "Administrators"
    • Grant full access to "Administrators".

You then need to take the same four steps with this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\

Frederik Long, Aug 20, 2018
  3. abvvvv Win User
    No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

It creates a new empty "UpdateOrchestrator" folder, Triggers, Next Run Times etc. in Task Scheduler are different, but I still can't disable the task. I changed the name of the "UpdateOrchestrator.bad" folder back and the values changed back to the old ones,

but I still can't do anything. I tried to make a new folder inside Task Scheduler in the same "UpdateOrchestrator" folder just to see what would happen and it also said

---------------------------

Task Scheduler

Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

OK

but I had no problem making a new folder inside a different folder. (UNP) BUT I also seem to can't disable Tasks from other folders (or at least UNP)

abvvvv, Aug 20, 2018
  4. anupamluv Win User

Task Scheduler Errors - SPP & other scheduled tasks

Those who changed/unchecked "Synchronized across TimeZones" to eradicate the errors in Task Scheduler...
    Here's the list of Scheduled Task that were affected due to this issue...
    You may revert back them to checked state....
    (Some of these tasks may not appear in the Tasks, you may ignore them)

-----------------
    User_Feed_Synch
    Microsoft Office 15 Sync Maintenance
    KMS
    HP AR Program Upload
    Adobe Flash Player Updater

(Under "UpdateOrchestrator")
    Schedule Scan
    Reboot
    Policy Install

(Under "Windows Error Reporting")
    QueueReporting

(Under "WindowsUpdate")
    sih
    Scheduled Start With Network
    Scheduled Start
    Automatic App Update

(Under "Norton Family")
    Norton Error Processor

(Under SoftwareProtectionPlatform)
    SvcRestartTask

anupamluv, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler UpdateOrchestrator

2. Schedule Scan Cannot be modified or disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Schedule Scan Cannot be modified or disabled: I have schedule scan everyday that crashes my latop. When i try to disable the message show: "The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task. "And if i click properties and disable then apply, it requires me to enter the password for...
  3. Schedule Scan Cannot be modified or disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Schedule Scan Cannot be modified or disabled: I have schedule scan everyday that crashes my latop. When i try to disable the message show: "The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task. "And if i click properties and disable then apply, it requires me to enter the password for...
  4. scheduled tasks get disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    scheduled tasks get disabled: scheduled tasks on my system get randomly disabled. don't seem to discern any pattern on when that might happen, but more often than not it's the case when i go to task scheduler. googling this says that avast maybe the culprit, but changing its options makes no difference...
  5. Task Scheduler of Scheduled Scan Applied from SCCM disappeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Scheduler of Scheduled Scan Applied from SCCM disappeared: Hello Everyone, We use SCCM to apply a Scheduled Scan full Scan for all clients on every Monday. Previously, we can check the Scheduled Scan in Task Scheduler of clients, but on the recent days, this Scheduled task disappear from the Task Scheduler. As I checked in...
  6. Can't modify Task Scheduler for UpdateOrchestrator even as Admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't modify Task Scheduler for UpdateOrchestrator even as Admin: I also seem am unable to run File Explorer as Admin, even though my user Account is an Administrator and belongs to the Administrators group. I have also enabled and logged in as the built-in local system Admin, and receive the same error message about not having rights to...
  7. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis: Hello, I would like to ask you and at the same time a Microsoft representative to send me the exact way how to uncheck / disable forever the checked function in Task Scheduler - UpdateOrchestrator - Backup Scan - on the folder "Conditions" - "Wake the computer to run this...
  8. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis: Hello, I would like to ask you and at the same time a Microsoft representative to send me the exact way how to uncheck / disable forever the checked function in Task Scheduler - UpdateOrchestrator - Backup Scan - on the folder "Conditions" - "Wake the computer to run this...
  9. Cannot Disable Task Scheduler Tasks

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Disable Task Scheduler Tasks: I thought I was the administrator? Apparently not. I wish there was a real equivalent to root on Windows, le sigh. How do I fix this? https://i.imgur.com/q1Qq4yf.png 109820
  10. No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler: Hello, I'm trying to disable a task in Task Scheduler, FCU 1709 as I always did with all previous versions of W 10 without problems. Now, when I go to Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows/Update Orchestrator/Scheduled Scan and trying to disable that task, I'm getting the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. schedule retry scan

2. NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Backup Scan

3. nt task\microsoft\windows\updateorchestrator\schedule retry scan

4. updateorchestrator backup scan,
  5. NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Universal Orchestrator Start,
  6. schedule retry scan updateorchestrator,
  7. schedule scan updateOrchestrator,
  8. schedule retry scan account does not have permission,
  9. \Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator Backup Scan,
  10. nt task\microsoft\windows\updateorchestrator\universal orchestrator idle start 再起動,
  11. Windows 10 Task ScanForUpdates,
  12. windows will execute Schedule Retry Scan,
  13. Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator scheduled tasks,
  14. windows update orchestarto scheudle retry scan,
  15. updateorchestrator Schedule Retry Scan