Windows 10: Task Scheduler Will Not Start

Discus and support Task Scheduler Will Not Start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone, Have an issue with task scheduler not stating which is causing issues with say Nvidia Geforce Experience not starting as it requires... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mjb28, Feb 2, 2018.

1. mjb28 Win User

Task Scheduler Will Not Start

Hey everyone,

Have an issue with task scheduler not stating which is causing issues with say Nvidia Geforce Experience not starting as it requires it to update.

When I try to start it from services I get that error.

Task Scheduler Will Not Start [​IMG]

When I try to launch the task scheduler I get this error.

Log on and recovery options are both greyed out and when I try help me set up recovery options I get this error

I have tried resetting it back to the default registry from the file on these forums, tried change from auto to manual via registry, tried changing the boot options to only launch windows default services, made sure the dependent services are all running, sfc /scannow found nothing either.

Done a Malwarebytes scan and now running an AV scan with Avira.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

mjb28, Feb 2, 2018

2. Task Scheduler service will not start.

Try signing in using a new user account. We suggest that you create a new user account and check the issue of the status in the new user account. This would help us to analyze the issue to find the cause and resolution. If the new account works fine for
    you, add your Microsoft credentials to it and use it as your Microsoft account.

Create a user account

How to sign in with a Microsoft account

We'll wait for the result.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 2, 2018
  3. Task Scheduler service will not start.

first, the computer does update regularly but its hard to say if this started directly after one

second, the exact error message is "The Task Scheduler Service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if not in use by other services or programs"

third, Running the Task Scheduler program doesn't seem to have any effect, and the first thing to come up when i do is a message saying "Unable to connect to remote computer"

grimdragon2001, Feb 2, 2018
  4. Task Scheduler Will Not Start

Tweaking.com - Windows Repair is a tool designed help fix a large majority of known Windows problems including; registry errors, file permissions, issues with Internet Explorer, Windows Updates, Windows Firewall and more. Download Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Tool and run the Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Tool from Safe Mode With Networking and from Repairs tab click Open Repairs button. From opened Repairs window place check mark for Reset Registry Permissions, Reset Service Permissions, Register System Files, Repair WMI, Repair Network, Repair Windows Firewall, Remove Policies Set By Infections, Repair Proxy Settings, Repair Windows Updates, Repair MSI (Windows Installer), Restore Important Windows Services, Set Windows Services To Default Startup, Repair Windows 8/10 Component Store, Restore Windows 8/10 COM+ Unmarshalers, Restore UAC (User Account Control) Settings, Repair Hosts File, Repair Performance Counters, Repair Volume Shadow Copy Service, Repair MDAC & MS Jet and Reset File Permissions check boxes and click Start Repair button.

FreeBooter, Feb 2, 2018
  5. mjb28 Win User
    Looks to have reset a few things and the previously greyed out sections are enabled but the service still wont start and get the same error.

Thanks though!

mjb28, Feb 2, 2018
  6. FreeBooter, Feb 2, 2018
  7. mjb28 Win User
    Thats fixed it!

Thanks alot!!

mjb28, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Task Scheduler Will Not Start

1. Task Scheduler Will Not Start - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler Start

2. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler doesn't start task: I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync instructions I put "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" in the "Program/Script: field" and "C:\FreeFileSync...
  3. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler doesn't start task: I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync instructions I put "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" in the "Program/Script: field" and "C:\FreeFileSync...
  4. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task scheduler started and then stopped

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task scheduler started and then stopped: I have tried to restart my pc, the command sfc /scannow, all its dependencies are started. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-started-and-then-stopped/c93037d9-1f67-4608-83df-68be8f2da9df
  6. Task Scheduler won't start? [FIXES]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Scheduler won't start? [FIXES]: So I had this task scheduler problem for 3 month since I got a new laptop. I've looked for solution on this and other sites but no solution found. I go to the Youtube and see if anyone knows the solution, and I found it. It was by the Youtuber named ComputerSluggish...
  7. Task Scheduler is not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler is not starting: Whenever I try to start Task Scheduler, it always brings me to an error. It says, "The Task Scheduler service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in us by other services or programs. I need to start this, so I can...
  8. Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler: I want to launch a particular program after another program has loaded, and terminate that particular program after closing that other program. Any idea how this would work in Task Scheduler? Thank you....
  9. Task scheduler won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler won't start: I have the problem whare the task scheduler in services is set to automatice but fails to start and log in is greyed out. I have tried many solutions and none have worked. However I did find a solution and it was down to my own error. I used a program called DISMPP-10 and...
  10. Task Scheduler: Start a Program with Office

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Task Scheduler: Start a Program with Office: Does anyone know how to have Task Scheduler start a program to run with the launch of ANY Office application? I have a registry edit which will enable the black theme in Office 2016. It needs to be run each time any Office app opens. I can do this on an individual basis, or...