Windows 10: Task scheduler windows 10: how to change the default user?

Discus and support Task scheduler windows 10: how to change the default user? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I edit a task I already created (like the one in the print screen), and press ok, it set a wrong user (it sometimes set it as "medium mandatory... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by chok, Sep 12, 2017.

1. chok Win User

Task scheduler windows 10: how to change the default user?

When I edit a task I already created (like the one in the print screen), and press ok, it set a wrong user (it sometimes set it as "medium mandatory level", and the task won't run until I set the user as "Me-PC\Me"

Where can I set the default account for the task to "Me-PC\Me" ?

Task scheduler windows 10: how to change the default user? [​IMG]

* (by the way for some reason using just "Me" doesn't work as if Me and "Me-PC\Me" are 2 different users. For the tasks which require entering the password "Me" doesn't accept the password )

:)

2. DaniGN Win User

Error in Task Scheduler - Requested Operation Requires Elevation (0x800702E4)

From Windows 10 version 1607 and Windows Server 2016, we get an error when the scheduled task are executed.

We use the Task Scheduler API 1.0 to create scheduled tasks, that will run whether user is logged on or not and with highest privileges.

But when we try to execute this task we get the error "The requested operation requires elevation. (0x800702E4)".

We get this error only if the account who execute the task has a session opened.

If we change the execution account to other that has not session opened, it works. Or if we use the default administrator account who doesn't pass through the UAC (User Account Control) to elevate privileges, it works also.

I have not found the report of the problem in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Version 1607).

DaniGN, Sep 12, 2017
  3. Linney Win User
    Setting a task trigger to create a daily System Restore point

Scheduling System Restore Point Creation

Scheduling System Restore Point Creation - Windows 10 Forums

You might be able to adapt this guide to work in Windows 10 but it is a little bit different.

Change How Often System Restore Creates Restore Points in Windows 7 or Vista

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...tore-creates-restore-points-in-windows-vista/

Restore Point Creator For Windows 10

Restore Point Creator For Windows 10

If you know how it is done manually then something like these may come in handy.

AutoIt-- Freeware:

AutoIt Scripting Language - AutoIt

AutoHotkey

AutoHotkey

How to start and create basic tasks with Task Scheduler

How to start and create basic tasks with Task Scheduler | Digital Citizen

Linney, Sep 12, 2017
Thema:

Task scheduler windows 10: how to change the default user?

1. Task scheduler windows 10: how to change the default user? - Similar Threads - Task scheduler change

2. How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 News
    How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler: [ATTACH]People who use their Windows 10 computer as a professional resort must know what an important role the Task Scheduler can play. Deploying your efforts in work may require you to perform certain tasks daily, and you can create and automate these tasks with the help of...
  3. Task Scheduler User Information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler User Information: I am trying to schedule a job to run from a software program that reads data from a server. The job works when I manually run it as I am prompted to add my account information before running the task each time. The issue is that I cannot get the job to run on a scheduled...
  4. how to change default task in calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change default task in calculator: [ATTACH]how to change programmer task to area so that when i right click on calculator app i can open area calculator easily? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-task-in-calculator/62a19a57-6d38-4624-b016-6cdc0fd3c884
  5. How to Change Wallpaper automatically with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Change Wallpaper automatically with Task Scheduler: I tried making a script in task scheduler that would automatically change my wallpaper. Here is the script which i saved as a .vbs file for task scheduler to run: dim shell Set shell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") wallpaper = "C:\path\to\wallpaper.jpg"...
  6. HOW TO SCHEDULE A TASK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO SCHEDULE A TASK: HELLO, I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SCHEDULE A TASK TO RUN AUTOMATICALLY AT A CERTAIN HOUR IN WINDOWS 10. THANKS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-schedule-a-task/c6df2696-878b-4354-a0cf-fa2143a4f318
  7. Windows 10 Task Scheduler

Windows 10 Task Scheduler: Whenever we create an yearly/monthly job thru Task Scheduler, we need to set the start date of the job, prior to the current year/month Trigger date irrespective of Implementation date of the new job. For Eg. Implementation date of the new job : Jan 17 2020 the day...
  8. Windows 10 - changing default user

Windows 10 - changing default user: I giving my computer to my friend. I want to change the default user i already created a new admin user and make sure they cam access appstore and has microsoft edge. Then i want to remove my profile original default profile completely. How do i do this with windows 10?...
  9. Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...: I am able to schedule tasks with the first option that is - run when the user is logged on. But when I try with the other option - run whether the user is logged on or not, it doesn't work....
  10. How to schedule a task as Standard User?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to schedule a task as Standard User?: I like to run Windows 10 as a Standard User. I use Syncthing to sync my files from my PC to my laptop and another machine. I want to schedule syncthing so that it starts when I log on. However when creating a task, I get a message saying the user doesn't have permission. How...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 task scheduler privilege to amend task

2. change user in task scheduler

3. changing the user of a windows scheduled task

4. microsoft task scheduler change username,
  5. change user task scheduler,
  6. task scheduler how to change user account,
  7. how to edit scheduled tasks windows 10,
  8. in task scheduler how to change a name from a user,
  9. windows scheduler change running user,
  10. task scheduler how to change the default user