Windows 10: Task Scheduler

Discus and support Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have set up a scheduled task called its time and every time I try to run it here is what comes up. I am using Win 10 and have plenty of ram 12GB.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shiron, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Shiron Win User

Task Scheduler

I have set up a scheduled task called its time and every time I try to run it here is what comes up. I am using Win 10 and have plenty of ram 12GB.
    Here is message in attachment. Please help. It has worked in past with Win7. But no go in Win10??

Task Scheduler [​IMG]

I'm not sure I did the image correct. And I don't know how to attach a document.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Ron

:)

Shiron, Sep 4, 2015

2. Windows wakes up in the middle of the night

Okay. Open Task Scheduler by Start>Windows Administrative tools>Task Scheduler.

Go to Task Scheduler Library>Windows>UpdateOrchestrator and disable the scheduled Task.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 4, 2015
  3. 145 I. Q. Win User
    task scheduler

I can schedule task MANUALLY until h*** freezes over and the task will not run.

READ the sentence. I can schedule task MANUALLY then the amount of time I can schedule a task. Then the outcome of scheduling tasks

145 I. Q., Sep 4, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Task Scheduler

Can you navigate to C:\Users\Ron\Videos\Open using File Explorer or This PC?

Ztruker, Sep 4, 2015
  5. Shiron Win User
    Yes, but what does that do ?

Shiron, Sep 4, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    That is the path that shows in the errors you posted. Being able to navigate there indicates the folders are there and intact.

Are there files under the Open folder?

Ztruker, Sep 5, 2015
  7. Shiron Win User
    Actually the "open" is not a folder it is the beginning of the file I want to come up when the scheduler starts.
    The full name is: Open Book Line Dance.mp4
    I have tried the scheduler several (7) times and each time the error comes up. I have tried different setups
    all to no avail. I feel like quitting the whole thing !!!!!

Shiron, Sep 5, 2015
  8. kkehoe Win User

Task Scheduler

Perhaps the spaces in the file name are an issue? Try removing the spaces from the file name or adding some quotes to the path in the scheduler.

kkehoe, Sep 5, 2015
  9. Shiron Win User
    Nope, that's the name of the video I want to play and when I click on it ,it works.

Shiron, Sep 5, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    The problem is with the spaces in the file name. Task Scheduler is opening VLC just fine, but it is only passing the first word of the file name to VLC to open. As suggested, delete the spaces from the file name of the video file you want VLC to open and then correct the Task Scheduler entry to reflect the new file name. That's the easy way without having to figure out how to pass the entire file name with spaces in it to VLC.

NavyLCDR, Sep 5, 2015
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    This is what you should have in Task Scheduler. Make sure both entries are enclosed in quotes:

The add arguments is the complete path to the video you want to play. In my example it is:
    "C:\User\John\Videos\AC3 Test Video.avi"

Make sure to put the quotes around it.

NavyLCDR, Sep 5, 2015
  12. Shiron Win User
    Ok mine says exactly the same I tried it again and got the same error. Oh well I guess I will quit.
    Thanks for the help.
    Attached (if I did it correctly) is my Action.
    Doc1.docx

Shiron, Sep 5, 2015
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

Task Scheduler

Respectfully, yours doesn't say anything even close to what I posted. You put the full path, in quotes, to the VLC program in the Program/Script block. In the arguments block, you put the full path, in quotes, to the video that you want VLC to play.

Assuming that your VLC is installing to the default location, in Programs/Script block, you should have, including the quotes:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe"

In the arguments block, you should have, including the quotes:
    "C:\Users\Ron\Videos\Open Book Line Dance.mp4"

NavyLCDR, Sep 6, 2015
  14. Shiron Win User
    OK I'm sure you are right HOWEVER it worked before exactly as I tried now. That was before I upgraded to
    Windows 10. In fact on the bottom it gives me a chance to "configure" for Win 7 or Win 10. I tried both but no go.
    I am going to quit the task altogether and get on with something more important.
    I thank you very much for your help and wish you a great day.
    Sincerely Ron

Shiron, Sep 6, 2015
  15. Shiron Win User
    I thoroughly understand what you are saying. However the "add argument" says it is optional which to me means I don't need it.
    Well it's time to eat crow.....I did exactly as you suggested using the add argument and it worked....I guess you do need it.
    Anyway I apologize and eat crow but say thank you lots.
    I really appreciate your help. However I don't understand why we have to use the "optional" stuff. I always thought you could get by without it. Up here in Maine, we are tough learners !!
    Again thanks for the knowledge. Someday I will be able to pass it along.
    Ron

Shiron, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

Task Scheduler

1. Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler

2. Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!: There is a task I created on Task Scheduler Task Library/ Microsoft and I tried deleting it but for some reason I cannot delete it as Task Scheduler just stops responding. I know there is a way to delete the task from command prompt, but this one I do not know how as it is...
  3. Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!: There is a task I created on Task Scheduler Task Library/ Microsoft and I tried deleting it but for some reason I cannot delete it as Task Scheduler just stops responding. I know there is a way to delete the task from command prompt, but this one I do not know how as it is...
  4. Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task Scheduler and environment variables

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler and environment variables: I am using Windows 11 Pro and trying to create/change a task in Task Scheduler to use environment variables in both "Program/script" and "Add arguments". When I do that, I get error "2147942487" no matter what things I try. Google tells me that the issue is about permissions,...
  6. Task Scheduler and environment variables

Task Scheduler and environment variables: I am using Windows 11 Pro and trying to create/change a task in Task Scheduler to use environment variables in both "Program/script" and "Add arguments". When I do that, I get error "2147942487" no matter what things I try. Google tells me that the issue is about permissions,...
  7. Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece: My Asus VivoBook is having problems. When nothing is running, the device's fan continues to run. I have tried to do some research and have found that my device is missing one of the tasks in task scheduler, the scheduled scan. I have done: SFC /SCANNOW, DISM ScanHealth,...
  8. Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece

Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece: My Asus VivoBook is having problems. When nothing is running, the device's fan continues to run. I have tried to do some research and have found that my device is missing one of the tasks in task scheduler, the scheduled scan. I have done: SFC /SCANNOW, DISM ScanHealth,...
  9. Subject: Some task schedule not run as scheduled, but the status was "Ready"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subject: Some task schedule not run as scheduled, but the status was "Ready": We have several task schedules. After deploying patch kb5034768, we found that one of the task schedule did not run as scheduled. The status was "Ready" and next run time was already passed. For example; Next Run time is 10:30pm 28 Feb 2024, we checked on 11:00am 29 Feb 2024,...
  10. Subject: Some task schedule not run as scheduled, but the status was "Ready"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Subject: Some task schedule not run as scheduled, but the status was "Ready": We have several task schedules. After deploying patch kb5034768, we found that one of the task schedule did not run as scheduled. The status was "Ready" and next run time was already passed. For example; Next Run time is 10:30pm 28 Feb 2024, we checked on 11:00am 29 Feb 2024,...