Windows 10: Task View and Icon next to it disappears

Discus and support Task View and Icon next to it disappears in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Show Task View Button enabled. I pinned a File Explorer and a Google Chrome icon to the taskbar. In the taskbar reading left to right is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lothar, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Lothar Win User

Task View and Icon next to it disappears

I have Show Task View Button enabled. I pinned a File Explorer and a Google Chrome icon to the taskbar. In the taskbar reading left to right is the Task View Button then next to that is the File Explorer icon then the Chrome icon next to that.

It seems at random the Task View Button will disappear and with it whatever icon that is directly adjacent to it.. in this case, my File Explorer icon. I have to hide then reshow the Task View Button in order for my icons to show up properly.

- I'd like to be able to see the icons on the task bar all the time without the Task Bar button being shown at all but Windows won't allow me to do that. If the Task View Button is Not shown, sometimes ( I don't know why) Only the Chrome icon shows and still not the file Explorer icon ( but this only sometimes... seems like that space next to the Task View Button is linked it the Task View Button in strange ways. If I have to re-enable or hide the Task View Button sometimes both icons stay for a while and sometimes not.

I also cannot seem to move my taskbar icons to the right side of the taskbar away from the Task View Button ( i wanna put them next to the notifications icon. . How do i do that?

:)

Lothar, Aug 7, 2015

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Issue

I just realized (I suppose because it's new to Windows 10) that the Task View icon disappears/reappears from the Taskbar in tandem with the File Explorer icon.

Bill Pierce, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Clare_598 Win User
    Windows 10 - I installed this on a Dell with no particular problems. It ran fine for about week

It ran fine for about a week until I had time to work with the "getting started material which I accessed via the "windows" button at the extreme left of my application task bar. The first thing I did was set up a PIN for windows. The system worked fine
    until I logged off for the day. The next day, when I logged on via the PIN, the application task bar at the bottom of the screen continued to flash on and off. I shut down the system and restarted several times, but the flashing continued. Eventually, the
    flashing stopped but now when I click on the "windows" icon or the "task view" icon (both new with Windows 10), I get nothing. This means I cannot access any system information. I did right click on the "task view" icon which produced a list of things two
    of which were checked. I unchecked both to see what would happen and the "task view" icon disappeared from my screen. How do I get the "Windows" icon to work and how do I get the "task view" icon back and workiing?

Clare_598, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Task View and Icon next to it disappears

1. Task View and Icon next to it disappears - Similar Threads - Task View Icon

2. Task Bar Icons Disappear and Reappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Icons Disappear and Reappear: This problem occurs whenever I close the file explorer tab after a while. Moreover, it happens automatically after some time. I also updated my OS from windows 10 to 11, even then there was no solution.Why this is happening & how can I solve this? Any suggestions with this...
  3. Task Bar Icons Disappear and Reappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar Icons Disappear and Reappear: This problem occurs whenever I close the file explorer tab after a while. Moreover, it happens automatically after some time. I also updated my OS from windows 10 to 11, even then there was no solution.Why this is happening & how can I solve this? Any suggestions with this...
  4. Taskbar autohide causes task view and notifications to disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar autohide causes task view and notifications to disappear: My taskbar is set to autohide. Recently something changed, and now whenever I use the task view button, as soon as I move the pointer off the task bar, the task bar hides and the task view immediately resets so I can't select anything from the task view screen. Similarly,...
  5. Remove icon from a Task View screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove icon from a Task View screen: When I create a task view it carries all icons I see on the original desktop. Can I remove items from the Task View I just created? If I do will the item still show on the original desktop? Win 10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.B804) 174563
  6. Increase task view icon size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increase task view icon size?: New to windows - Can I increase the size of task view window previews? As can be seen from attached image, they are unnecessarily small considering all the available space on the display. Also, is it possible to drag and rearrange the ordering of virtual desktops? From what...
  7. Close buttons (X) in Task View disappeared

Close buttons (X) in Task View disappeared: Hello, I’ve been using my new Surface Pro 6 for a couple of days now. Yesterday, I noticed that in Task View, the programs/apps running no longer have the option to close it with the X button on the right top of each. I have reset the machine twice already, but the Xs...
  8. Task View - Cursor freeze - Defender Icon

Task View - Cursor freeze - Defender Icon: Running 10 Pro - ver 1809 - Build 17763.475 1. How do I remove, delete, uninstall Task View? Not just the button, I don't want to use it at all, I don't want it on the computer. 2. Cursor freezes for a second or two every now and again. I'm not using a mouse, just the...
  9. Task bar icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task bar icons disappeared: After running an update a couple of nights ago, the next morning most of the icons on the task bar at the bottom were gone and I can't click on the few that are left. If I minimize a screen, it doesn't show up on the task bar. If I try to reopen the same thing, it says I...
  10. Task View icon does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View icon does nothing: When I click on the Task View button nothing happens. FWIW I login with a LOCAL account not a Microsoft Account, so I'm guessing this feecher only works if one logs in with an MS account. Is that right? If so how the halibut is it supposed to work for Domain users? Dave...