Task View icon does nothing

Discus and support Task View icon does nothing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I click on the Task View button nothing happens. FWIW I login with a LOCAL account not a Microsoft Account, so I'm guessing this feecher only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perdrix, May 25, 2018.

1. perdrix Win User

When I click on the Task View button nothing happens.

FWIW I login with a LOCAL account not a Microsoft Account, so I'm guessing this feecher only works if one logs in with an MS account. Is that right? If so how the halibut is it supposed to work for Domain users?

Dave

:)

perdrix, May 25, 2018
  2. Rajeshwari_Patil Win User

No Start Menu and Problems with Task Icons

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• Clicking on the start menu icon (left click) does nothing, Right click brings up a simple function list

You can try these steps:
      • Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type Powershell
      • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
      • Close the Powershell window
      • Reboot

• Clicking on the File Explorer icon (task bar) does nothing. Right click does nothing.

• Right clicking on any task bar icon, including open apps, does nothing
    For these issues you can try these steps:

Method 1: I suggest you to run the SFC scan and check if it helps.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files: (Windows Logo Key + X and then click on Command Prompt).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

• Several apps (Mozilla Thunderbird, Norton 360 specifically, have not been able to have been updated or re-installed. Norton support, using remote desktop app, gave up after 4+ hours of work today.

For this issue I would suggest you to run the app in compatibility mode

I would request to refer this link

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility

Hope it helps. Keep us posted if you face any issues related to Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 29, 2018
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Reduction of application icon in Task View

Hi Anton Borzenko,

As of the time of this writing, there's no method in the settings that will allow for a change in sizing of the icons on the Task View. Therefore, I suggest that you send this via Feedback Hub. In the Feedback Hub, you can submit a new issue, so that our
    developers could have a look at this and maybe add a feature that will allow the resizing of icons on the Task View in the future updates.

To submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On your PC, search for Feedback Hub in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    • In the left menu, navigate to Feedback > Add a new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form. Click
      Stop monitoring when you're done.
    • Click Submit once you've completed the form and monitoring.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item that you submitted.
    • Open it, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like
      URL Manager<unique link>).

Feel free to let us know if you need further information.

Mark Isi, May 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Task View icon does nothing - Similar Threads - Task View icon

2. Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer: When I open File Explorer and click on the Network icon in the left margin, I see multiple devices but I do not see all of my PCs. I have 3 PCs (all running Win 10 home version) and on one of the PCs the only PC that shows is the PC that I am running File Explorer. On another...
  3. Uisng windows 10, HP officejet 6968 does not print in color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uisng windows 10, HP officejet 6968 does not print in color: The printer makes copies in color. In Windows 10 settings on my HP laptop, there is no option to select color. In "printing preferences" the paper/quality section only gives a an option labelled "print in grayscale"....
  4. Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared: My bluetooth icon has disappeared from the Device Manager. I was using a bluetooth mouse for most of the morning and then around 12:30pm PST my mouse started to act flaky. I did updates, but still do not have the option to turn On/Off bluetooth. Perhaps I hit some key...
  5. why does the brightness dim when I unplug my laptop... I have windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does the brightness dim when I unplug my laptop... I have windows10: why does the brightness dim when I unplug my laptop... I have windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-does-the-brightness-dim-when-i-unplug-my/5dd8b3f2-997c-47d0-a067-7c6add0df685
  6. Motherboard product key does not match the one in settings?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Motherboard product key does not match the one in settings?: Hi all, I've been using a Cube Mix Plus tablet that I bought new about a year ago, somehow I've failed to spot until now that the copy of Windows 10 installed on it is not activated. Troubleshoot tells me its "found a Windows 10 Home Digital Licence for this device running...
  7. Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge: Hello, I have set Microsoft Edge to open with a blank page. However when I set the option to open new tabs with a blank page, it continues to open MSN.com. I have gone to the Edge Menu (3 dots) > Settings > Open New Tabs With , then I have selected "a blank page". Yet time...
  8. Window 10 (activate window) After the activation of the icon appears on the display.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 (activate window) After the activation of the icon appears on the display.: Activate window 10 Is it not a problem to show all this while windows are?active This problem is with me or you are with all people. I update 3-4 times a month. but this problem persists continuously, only if there is the latest update [ATTACH]...
  9. What the heck happened to Task Manager?

What the heck happened to Task Manager?: Why does Task Manager no longer run on top of all other apps in Windows so that you can readily close apps/tasks that are causing issues on our systems - the way it used to???...
  10. Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!

Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (version 1803 OS Build 17134.228 - a/o Aug 15, 2018) It appears some recent update has decided to ignore my Desktop settings and auto arrange all my Desktop Icons whenever I refresh my Desktop (right click background / left click Refresh) even...