Windows 10: Task View icon does nothing

Discus and support Task View icon does nothing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I click on the Task View button nothing happens. FWIW I login with a LOCAL account not a Microsoft Account, so I'm guessing this feecher only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perdrix, May 25, 2018.

1. perdrix Win User

Task View icon does nothing

When I click on the Task View button nothing happens.

FWIW I login with a LOCAL account not a Microsoft Account, so I'm guessing this feecher only works if one logs in with an MS account. Is that right? If so how the halibut is it supposed to work for Domain users?

Dave

:)

perdrix, May 25, 2018

2. No Start Menu and Problems with Task Icons

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• Clicking on the start menu icon (left click) does nothing, Right click brings up a simple function list

You can try these steps:
      • Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type Powershell
      • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
      • Close the Powershell window
      • Reboot

• Clicking on the File Explorer icon (task bar) does nothing. Right click does nothing.

• Right clicking on any task bar icon, including open apps, does nothing
    For these issues you can try these steps:

Method 1: I suggest you to run the SFC scan and check if it helps.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files: (Windows Logo Key + X and then click on Command Prompt).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

• Several apps (Mozilla Thunderbird, Norton 360 specifically, have not been able to have been updated or re-installed. Norton support, using remote desktop app, gave up after 4+ hours of work today.

For this issue I would suggest you to run the app in compatibility mode

I would request to refer this link

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility

Hope it helps. Keep us posted if you face any issues related to Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 29, 2018
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Reduction of application icon in Task View

Hi Anton Borzenko,

As of the time of this writing, there's no method in the settings that will allow for a change in sizing of the icons on the Task View. Therefore, I suggest that you send this via Feedback Hub. In the Feedback Hub, you can submit a new issue, so that our
    developers could have a look at this and maybe add a feature that will allow the resizing of icons on the Task View in the future updates.

To submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On your PC, search for Feedback Hub in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    • In the left menu, navigate to Feedback > Add a new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form. Click
      Stop monitoring when you're done.
    • Click Submit once you've completed the form and monitoring.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item that you submitted.
    • Open it, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like
      URL Manager<unique link>).

Feel free to let us know if you need further information.

Mark Isi, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Task View icon does nothing

1. Task View icon does nothing - Similar Threads - Task View icon

2. Remove icon from a Task View screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove icon from a Task View screen: When I create a task view it carries all icons I see on the original desktop. Can I remove items from the Task View I just created? If I do will the item still show on the original desktop? Win 10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.B804) 174563
  3. Increase task view icon size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increase task view icon size?: New to windows - Can I increase the size of task view window previews? As can be seen from attached image, they are unnecessarily small considering all the available space on the display. Also, is it possible to drag and rearrange the ordering of virtual desktops? From what...
  4. TASK VIEW

in Windows 10 Customization
    TASK VIEW: Hello, how can i revert back to the old Task View button. It was completely fine before and now its practically unusable. Its extremely had to navigate between desktops and apps themselves....
  5. Task View - Cursor freeze - Defender Icon

Task View - Cursor freeze - Defender Icon: Running 10 Pro - ver 1809 - Build 17763.475 1. How do I remove, delete, uninstall Task View? Not just the button, I don't want to use it at all, I don't want it on the computer. 2. Cursor freezes for a second or two every now and again. I'm not using a mouse, just the...
  6. Task View

Task View: I open Task View to clear all of the things I have done on the computer that day and generally it works. Yesterday and today there are two that won't delete. I even tried to remove it individually and it still won't go. I clicked on it to see if it was still an active task...
  7. Task View

Task View: After latest windows10 update, I am seeing a scroll bar in "Task View". Please let me know how can I disable that scroll bar, which is not required for me....
  8. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: Hello guys………………………. Can you please help...……………...when I hover over the Task View icon a window opens but as soon as I take the mouse off the icon the window closes....how can I keep the Task View widow open? Your help would be much appreciated....I am using Windows 10...
  9. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: In the bottom bar is three windows labelled tasdkbar; two small bigger one in middle. When I click on it it shows another version of my desktop, but minus icons. What is the function? 12639
  10. Task View and Icon next to it disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View and Icon next to it disappears: I have Show Task View Button enabled. I pinned a File Explorer and a Google Chrome icon to the taskbar. In the taskbar reading left to right is the Task View Button then next to that is the File Explorer icon then the Chrome icon next to that. It seems at random the Task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an apps on your need a following feecher