Windows 10: Task view option missing from touchpad swipe options

Discus and support Task view option missing from touchpad swipe options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have just bought my first Windows computer in about 10 years. I got the Surface Book. I'm mostly loving it but am having one problem. I hope... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rssdvs, Oct 8, 2016.

1. rssdvs Win User

Task view option missing from touchpad swipe options

Hi,

I have just bought my first Windows computer in about 10 years. I got the Surface Book. I'm mostly loving it but am having one problem. I hope someone can help.

Online I read (and in the store on the demo model I was able to test) that I was able to set 3 finger swipe to change between virtual desktops. On the one I've just brought home I can not - the only options are "switching apps" or "nothing".

Anyone know why that option isn't showing up for me? Swiping between desktops is a big part of my workflow and I need it back! Worked in the store on a Surface Book for sure (I tested it a lot) so I'm confused why it's missing.

Thanks a lot.

:)

rssdvs, Oct 8, 2016
  2. MdTaqi Win User

How do i change precision touchpad settings?

I've learnt about this 'Precision touchpad' but my laptop (Dell inspiron n5110) with Windows 10 enterprise x64 running on it, doesn't seem to support precision touchpad even though my 3 fingers flick works perfectly smooth. When
    I swipe up with 3 fingers, Cortana opens. And when I swipe down, settings open. But how do I change it to 'Task view' option instead of Cortana/Settings. And there are no Precision touchpad settings in my settings menu. Thanks, stay connected
    L: _______@____.com

MdTaqi, Oct 8, 2016
  3. Three finger gesture to open task view in Windows 10 does not work after reset PC

I am having a problem with the three finger gesture after reseting my PC. The PC has ELAN touchpad. Before I reset the PC, I can still open task view by swiping three fingers away from me on the touchpad. But after resetting, I still can use the touchpad
    - even scrolling by swiping 2 fingers, but this time CANNOT open task view by using the 3-finger gesture as told in the Get Started app. I am using Lenovo G40-80 running Windows 10 build 10240.

Nathaniel RaffertyJustin, Oct 8, 2016
  4. Task view option missing from touchpad swipe options

rssdvs,

Welcome to the forum!

Do you not have a Task View icon on the TaskBar that you can tap on?

There is a tool called MultiSwipe:
    MultiSwipe 3 and 4 finger touchpad customizable utility for Windows

It lets you map any key to your tablet's 3 finger or 4 finger directional swipes, so you can map the shortcut to change, close or open desktops to your touchpad.

Several examples are provided, and you could consider trying it out, and seeing if it fits your needs.

cottonball, Oct 10, 2016
Thema:

Task view option missing from touchpad swipe options

1. Task view option missing from touchpad swipe options - Similar Threads - Task view option

2. Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.: Since a month or so, I have been trying to find a solution but I can't find it. I have tried methods like sfc and DISM scan. I have also deleted and remade the folder for startup apps but nothing helps. Though it is missing from settings, I can still find it in task manager....
  3. Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.: Since a month or so, I have been trying to find a solution but I can't find it. I have tried methods like sfc and DISM scan. I have also deleted and remade the folder for startup apps but nothing helps. Though it is missing from settings, I can still find it in task manager....
  4. Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. sleep option is missing from power options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep option is missing from power options: all of a sudden the sleep option just disappeared one day when i started up my pc. i have been trying to fix this issue for 2 days and i feel like i've done every possible solution i have seen on the internet....
  6. Task View Swipe on Monitor vs Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task View Swipe on Monitor vs Laptop: Hi, I'm new to this subreddit and to Windows in general (Mac user). I have a Dell Latitude Windows 10 laptop connected to a Acer 27" monitor via HDMI. I chose to 'extend display' (so I have 2 distinct, separate displays rather than mirroring what's on my laptop). Windows 10...
  7. Gesture options are missing in touchpad settings.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gesture options are missing in touchpad settings.: I want to disable and enable few gestures. But when I go on setting page and I am lost because there no options to do so and I am pretty sure my laptop does supports gesture features. Please help me in that. It will be a great help to me....
  8. Missing options from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing options from Taskbar: taskbar does not have cascade, side by side... options ***Original title: taskbar*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-options-from-taskbar/14b03f41-cc6e-4be2-969d-1f9406e0e5ce
  9. pages missing from task view

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pages missing from task view: Task view says to use my pc more often. I use it/task view everyday, what happened to all my previous pages? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pages-missing-from-task-view/674263fa-4fb2-47e3-9ebe-3c8de6415c18
  10. Touchpad Options are missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Options are missing: Hello, I recently bought a USB touchpad named "Vogek USB Touchpad (wired)" for my Desktop PC. (It seems it belongs to Jelly Comb.) The OS, which I use, is Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. After I connected the device with my PC, it was recognized immediately and I could use it....