Windows 10: Task View problem since 17134.48 update...

Discus and support Task View problem since 17134.48 update... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, On the 9th. of May my machine updated to 17134.48 which has given me problems. My Task View previously worked as expected showing me what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by taid, May 15, 2018.

1. taid Win User

Task View problem since 17134.48 update...

Hello,

On the 9th. of May my machine updated to 17134.48 which has given me problems.

My Task View previously worked as expected showing me what programmes I had running. Now after this update it also shows other things, for example it shows two instances relating to word documents dated the 10th and 9th of May. It also shows a News item I must have read. Right clicking on these gives me the option to remove and clear but neither of these options work...If this is possible can I configure Task View to stop collecting this unnecessary clutter ?

Is it possible to return Task View to its original useful form or am I stuck with this ?

I also notice that since I installed this update my machine's 'reliability monitor' is dropping on a daily basis.

Any help would be appreciated... I do notice I now have a folder labelled Windows.old on my C drive which presumably is a copy of my OS before it was 'updated'...

Thanks.

:)

2. Task View

It's the Task View, not the Task Bar, that is the problem. I should be getting the popup (right clicking on Task View) showing the options for additional Desktops, not the five options for the Task Bar. A 'chat' with MS Solutions said that I should reinstall
    Windows 10 to MAYBE correct this problem. Any suggestions to correct?? Thanks for your interest...I really appreciate it.
    The Task View is the only feature that I may like on 10!!

Whitfield orWiemholt, May 15, 2018
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Task View Blue Screen

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What happens when you open task view from task bar?
    • Are you able to switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops?

Are you trying to disable task view feature in Windows 10? If yes, please try these steps.

a. Right-click on task bar.

b. Uncheck show task view button.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 15, 2018
Thema:

Task View problem since 17134.48 update...

1. Task View problem since 17134.48 update... - Similar Threads - Task View problem

2. Task view "ALT+TAB problem"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task view "ALT+TAB problem": Hello,Please tell me how can I deactivate Task View, or tell me how can I make CTRL+TAB switch between programs and not open all the recent stufftask view I don't want to open or keep track off....Sorry if I seem a little blunt, I have been trying to fix this for some days...
  3. Task view "ALT+TAB problem"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task view "ALT+TAB problem": Hello,Please tell me how can I deactivate Task View, or tell me how can I make CTRL+TAB switch between programs and not open all the recent stufftask view I don't want to open or keep track off....Sorry if I seem a little blunt, I have been trying to fix this for some days...
  4. Task view "ALT+TAB problem"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task view since Windows Update

Task view since Windows Update: I love the windows task view button on the task bar. Since the recent windows update however it is downloading all of my files rather then opening them in the existing file location. How do I change this back to the way it was? Or is this a SharePoint issue?...
  6. task view problem

task view problem: Although I manage to remove some files from Task View some other files don’t erase and they leave a shadowy image as in the photo I’m attaching in this mail. It’s disturbing I had the same problem some time ago but after a week or two it was corrected all of a sudden without...
  7. task view problem

task view problem: in task view i can't remove previous files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-problem/a5871aa4-6034-4032-8f81-e19ef5777495
  8. devicecensus.exe Keeps crashing upon boot since Windows update to build 17134...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    devicecensus.exe Keeps crashing upon boot since Windows update to build 17134...: Ever since the forced Windows 10 update to build 17134, devicecensus.exe keeps crashing on startup. I have run SFC /scannow, and DISM, both came back with no errors, and also I do not have a third party antivirus program installed. Anyone find a solution to this problem?...
  9. Task View problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task View problems: Hi I am new to Windows 10 and am struggling!!I have a few applications open and when I try to launch any one via the Task View it appears and then closes and displays "Life at a view" screen. This has happened before but I was able to switch off. This time I have been using...
  10. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: In the bottom bar is three windows labelled tasdkbar; two small bigger one in middle. When I click on it it shows another version of my desktop, but minus icons. What is the function? 12639