Windows 10: taskbar acting oddly

Discus and support taskbar acting oddly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Up unitl 3 days ago my pc was fine, now whenever i press the taskbar icons it just does nothing, but 10 seconds later the icon then comes up. My pc was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donaldsevern, Dec 2, 2017.

1. taskbar acting oddly

Up unitl 3 days ago my pc was fine, now whenever i press the taskbar icons it just does nothing, but 10 seconds later the icon then comes up. My pc was doing it on Friday, fine all day yesterday, yet today the same thing.

The language icon in the taskbar always works, yet nothing else does. I have no idea whats going on here. I havent added any programs to the pc and this seems to be a recent update 4 days or so ago from windows but i cant work out what or where it is.

just now i had the taskbar working perfectly but when i leave the pc for an hour, it does it all over again and the icons dont work when pressed or randomly work and pop up.

Windows 10 64 bit
    gtx 970
    16gb ram ddr4
    intel i5 6400
    1tb hd

:)

donaldsevern, Dec 2, 2017

2. Flashing Icons.

Thank you I will try that ASAP and let you know the results.

So far I have tried reinstalling my video drivers and also my sound drivers as they also were acting oddly.

billywilly, Dec 2, 2017
  3. Windows 10 CD / DVD / BR cannot be opened

I tested it, and yes it's acting the same (oddly) on other PCs. Ordered a replacement, we'll see. Odd, frustrating that this occurs after ONLY upgrading to Win10...makes me wonder if the update didn't do something to cause damage???

ET Watkins, Dec 2, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

taskbar acting oddly

Sounds like a housekeeping issue or something is causing that area to refresh. Try using another user profile to see if you get the same behavior on it.

bro67, Dec 3, 2017
  5. Hi There

I tried another profile but its the same, its randomly working and then not. Its almost like its lagging but the pc itself isnt lagging. Maybe its the xplorer exe or something? Really getting me annoyed. The language icon works fine, but the rest of the icons including the start menu work when it feels like it.

donaldsevern, Dec 3, 2017
  6. Kani Win User
    I have the same problem. Except for me it sometimes does not show up at all.
    Start menu, wifi, sound, messages and calendar. Neither of them pops up when I click them.
    Sometimes for no reason they start working. But a few minutes later it's the same again.

Everything else in the task bar works flawlessly. Including right clicked start menu and the language icon.

I've had this problem for a few days or up to a week now.

Kani, Dec 3, 2017
  7. How odd as its been about 5 days for me as well, now the sound icon wont make a sound when i slide the slider up and down but the sound works fine! Sometimes when i right click the icons they come up and sometimes they dont or half way!

Just now the icons came up, then they slowly stopped coming up again! Its like a timer is going off and cutting it.

Come on guys wtf is going on here? someone must know something this is happening to many of us.

donaldsevern, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

taskbar acting oddly

1. taskbar acting oddly - Similar Threads - taskbar acting oddly

2. Network Sharing is acting odd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Sharing is acting odd.: Howdy! Summarize the problem: Within File Explorer, when I share a folder under the Network drop down, my PC name and the folder don't appear. //localhost will show the folder shared and others on the network don't see it either. However, if I share the folder with a link,...
  3. Network Sharing is acting odd.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing is acting odd.: Howdy! Summarize the problem: Within File Explorer, when I share a folder under the Network drop down, my PC name and the folder don't appear. //localhost will show the folder shared and others on the network don't see it either. However, if I share the folder with a link,...
  4. My taskbar is acting oddly when I'm playing Minecraft Bedrock.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is acting oddly when I'm playing Minecraft Bedrock.: I don't know why this only happens when I'm playing Minecraft Bedrock let's just call this MCBR for short. Full detail:I have turned on "Automatically hides the taskbar", and MCBR is in fullscreen mode. When I'm still in the game's main screen or pause menu, it's supposed to...
  5. My taskbar is acting oddly when I'm playing Minecraft Bedrock.

My taskbar is acting oddly when I'm playing Minecraft Bedrock.: I don't know why this only happens when I'm playing Minecraft Bedrock let's just call this MCBR for short. Full detail:I have turned on "Automatically hides the taskbar", and MCBR is in fullscreen mode. When I'm still in the game's main screen or pause menu, it's supposed to...
  6. Mouse acting odd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse acting odd: I have a SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless. Recently it has been acting oddly, and I want to know if it is an issue with the mouse, or an issue with my computer.Every time I try to drag/hold left click, it will only hold/drag for about half a second. When I right click and drag,...
  7. Mouse acting odd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse acting odd: I have a SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless. Recently it has been acting oddly, and I want to know if it is an issue with the mouse, or an issue with my computer.Every time I try to drag/hold left click, it will only hold/drag for about half a second. When I right click and drag,...
  8. Mouse acting odd

9. Internet acting odd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet acting odd: Hello all. My PC (Windows 10 64) has been running slow lately, and today it has gotten considerably worse. I am connected to my home WiFi and get an okay speed. Apps like discord and Spotify are stuck on loading, and same for many websites. Spotify gives me a “app not allowed...
  10. 3D builder is acting odd

3D builder is acting odd: I have a 3D printer and personally used 3D builder a lot. One day I opened it and the entire workplane was mirrored across a diagonal that ran across the screen from corner to with positive slope. Here's a pic. [ATTACH] Can you guys help figure out what happened? Can I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows start screen acting oddly