Windows 10: Taskbar Always On Top

Discus and support Taskbar Always On Top in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As of yesterday, the Taskbar on my Windows 10 install is always on top. No updates were installed yesterday or the past week so its not related to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cbdoc, Oct 24, 2016.

1. cbdoc Win User

Taskbar Always On Top

As of yesterday, the Taskbar on my Windows 10 install is always on top. No updates were installed yesterday or the past week so its not related to an update. I'm guessing some registry entry is messing things up. Any ideas?

:)

cbdoc, Oct 24, 2016

2. Taskbar Always on Top

Until yesterday I had my Taskbar set to be always on top and to hide when the cursor is not over it, this makes it so I can blow the web browser up to 125% and the bar won't get in the way of the web page and everything looks nicer. If I wanted to switch
    apps on the taskbar, because it was always on top, all I had to do was move the cursor down and up it pops ready for me to select an app. Yesterday I thought I wasn't doing things properly when I had the web browser maxed and I couldn't pull up the taskbar,
    but I confirmed it today, the always on top option has been removed from the taskbar options and if any window, not even full screen, but a window that is too far down will prevent the taskbar from being brought up, and if it does come up for some reason it
    is always behind the windowed application, obscuring which apps are where on the taskbar.

Please bring the taskbar always on top option back.

MichaelTozier, Oct 24, 2016
  3. Taskbar Always on Top

Hi Michael,

One of the possible reasons why your taskbar is missing is due to outdated profile or operating system. To help you with your concern regarding the missing taskbar, we recommend performing the troubleshooting steps found on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Oct 24, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Taskbar Always On Top

Do you mean it's at the top of your screen? You can click and drag it to the top, left, right or bottom edges of your screen. First right-click on the taskbar and make sure 'Lock the taskbar' is unticked. Then put your pointer over the taskbar, hold down the left mouse key and drag it to the position you want. Now lock the taskbar to prevent accidentally moving it again.

5. cbdoc Win User
    Sorry should have clarified. Its on top of other windows set at the same resolution as the desktop. It used to be that those windows would cover the Taskbar, but no longer do.

cbdoc, Oct 24, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
Thema:

Taskbar Always On Top

1. Taskbar Always On Top - Similar Threads - Taskbar Always Top

2. Taskbar is always on top on touch devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar is always on top on touch devices: Dear community,I've got a Windows 11 Pro installed on my Dell 5285, my Lenovo Yoga 7i and Asus Predator Helios 300 devices. On the touchscreen devices Dell 5285, Lenovo Yoga 7i, the taskbar is always on top and overlaps my fullscreen Citrix Workspace session. On the...
  3. Taskbar is always on top on touch devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is always on top on touch devices: Dear community,I've got a Windows 11 Pro installed on my Dell 5285, my Lenovo Yoga 7i and Asus Predator Helios 300 devices. On the touchscreen devices Dell 5285, Lenovo Yoga 7i, the taskbar is always on top and overlaps my fullscreen Citrix Workspace session. On the...
  4. Always On Top

in Windows 10 Customization
    Always On Top: Is there a way to keep a screen on top of other windows in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/always-on-top/6fe06a63-18e8-4ef7-b0d4-75658cda3397
  5. taskbar always on top issue

taskbar always on top issue: Hello Guys and Gals, I have a weird issue with my taskbar, it is always on top of everything. What I mean is when I play any game in full screen the taskbar shows on screen. I tried the alt + enter and that does not fix it. I made sure taskbar is not locked and problem...
  6. Windows 10 Taskbar Is Always On Top, Cannot Be Made NOT On Top.

Windows 10 Taskbar Is Always On Top, Cannot Be Made NOT On Top.: There have been many requests for the option to make the taskbar NOT always on top, some dating back to 2012. I'm sure there are earlier requests but it's impossible for me to add my comments to them as they are all "Locked", with no resolution. So what is the problem,...
  7. How do i disable taskbar always on top?

How do i disable taskbar always on top?: Hello, from yesterday weird shit happened to the laptop, when i opened youtube and went fullscreen by pressing "F", the taskbar was still there, then when i went to play a game (borderless window) the taskbar didnt hide too, however in fullscreen mode, the taskbar hides and i...
  8. Taskbar STILL not always on top!

Taskbar STILL not always on top!: This is an issue that has bugged me for years. Windows still cover autohidden taskbar! When the taskbar is hidden, and any window is maximized or snapped, the mouse is sometimes unable to trigger the taskbar. I have to shrink the window before the mouse can touch the...
  9. Windows 10 Taskbar Always on TOP.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Taskbar Always on TOP.: Hello I recently Updated my Windows 10 and my taskbar seems to be on top of everything. Borderless Games, Youtube Full Screen etc. Is there a way to fix that problem without having to "Automatically hide the task bar in Desktop Mode?" *Smile Thank you *Smile 65639
  10. Taskbar always in foreground when a window is always on top

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar always in foreground when a window is always on top: Hi there. After the anniversary update every time I have a window set to always on top the taskbar cannot hide behind a borderless fullscreen game Please advise me what to do as I am at the end of my rope Thank you 59630