Windows 10: Taskbar and Desktop Flashing After Upgrade

Discus and support Taskbar and Desktop Flashing After Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and now my computer starts flashing out of no where. The taskbar and the desktop starts flashing. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smiley, Jul 30, 2015.

1. smiley Win User

Taskbar and Desktop Flashing After Upgrade

I just updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and now my computer starts flashing out of no where. The taskbar and the desktop starts flashing. When this happens I can not do anything. When it stops, I can not use the start button. I do not know what to do. *Sad

:)

smiley, Jul 30, 2015

2. Desktop Flashing continually after windows 10 upgrade

After upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10, i am having an issue with my desktop flashing on and off continually. i have NO desktop icons, only the bar across the bottom of the screen. i am unable to click on any of the icons in the taskbar as the
    flashing makes it impossible. if i boot into safe mode, i am able to see my desktop and click on items in the taskbar. I have tried to do a restore, but that does not work as windows 10 has deleted my previous restore points. is there a solution to this problem
    that doesnt involve reloading windows 8.1 or buying windows 10?

michael scott_975, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Desktop and taskbar flashing

Hi Ben,

Since the steps provided did not resolve the issue, let's sort this out by checking if this is a driver issue.

Try to
    reinstall your drivers manually
    and update us with the results.

Arnold Fra, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Schauls Win User

I had this problem too. I booted into safe mode using the Shift+restart method. then once i was there and youre at your desktop, click the windows logo + X and select device manager. Find your graphics drivers ( for example mine was intel integrated graphics) and uninstall them. if there is an option to get rid of the current drivers do that as well. Once your PC has restarted see if the flashing continues. (mine did not) go back into the device manager and right click your graphics and "click Scan for hardware changes", if nothing appears you should be good *Smile i hope this helps!!

Schauls, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Try deleting IDT Audio. That fixed the issue for me.

HotWingsFTW, Dec 28, 2015
  6. Deleting IDT Audio worked for me as well (Inspiron 15)

marmstrong, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar and Desktop Flashing After Upgrade - Similar Threads - Taskbar Desktop Flashing

2. Taskbar flashing after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar flashing after boot: My pc lately has been really weird after boot, it shows a black screen and the taskbar starts flashing, and after 5 or 10 minutes everything goes back to normal, I already reinstalled windows keeping files and apps and the problem persists. I saw this pattern happening in the...
  3. Desktop Black and Taskbar Flashing after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop Black and Taskbar Flashing after Update: Hello! Over the past few months I've been having a really annoying issue. One day when I logged in to my computer, the Desktop was black and the taskbar was flashing. I was really surprised because the lock screen looked perfectly normal so I thought it was weird. I could...
  4. Black desktop and flashing taskbar after login. Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black desktop and flashing taskbar after login. Please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RRUser [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kb7353/black_desktop_and_flashing_taskbar_after_login/
  5. Flashing taskbar and inoperative desktop. PLEASE HELP

Flashing taskbar and inoperative desktop. PLEASE HELP: Hey community, im having to make this from my phone as my computer is completly unusable right now and i need serious help. I bought some new ram today 2x16 and when i logged in with the new ram this issue started happening. I have tried running my pc in safe mode with...
  6. Desktop icons and taskbar flashing/blinking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons and taskbar flashing/blinking: Icons on desktop have become enlarged and they flash periodically along with the taskbar. I'm not able to open the start menu at all. In safe mode it doesn't flash but the warning "The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application..." keeps popping...
  7. Flashing taskbar grey desktop background

Flashing taskbar grey desktop background: I had a temp account i got logged into after a bsod so i found a tutorial that said delete the temp account file and change the bak at the end of my user to nothing and then log back in but now it it gives me a grey background with a flashing taskbar. Any help? Thanks...
  8. Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons are Flashing, Continously

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons are Flashing, Continously: Hi: I am experiencing blinking/flashing of several icons that are located on my Win10-64 Pro desktop PC's screen, and several icons for programs and for File Manager, that are pinned to within the taskbar. The PC is a DELL XPS 8700 desktop. I think my PC has Windows 10...
  9. Taskbar & desktop randomly refreshes after upgrading to ten

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar & desktop randomly refreshes after upgrading to ten: Hi, I recently upgraded both my laptop and desktop to win 10 and I am having exactly the same issue on both. Every so often the desktop and teaskbar will refresh. It doesn't seem to be associated with having anything open, it happens randomly anytime whatever I'm doing....
  10. Upgrade and now flashing desktop/taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade and now flashing desktop/taskbar: I've seen lots of people posting about this all over the internet but as of yet not found a clear fix to my problem. I registered for the upgrade a while ago and the 'check' said that my system was fine. It's a HP TouchSmart 520 and is 2 to 3 years old. Today I got the...